PDA

View Full Version : Horn Struggs

Ang
05/05/2014, 12:53 PM
Cruising around the other day, I realized my horn does not work. When I go to press my wheel, it does not event seem as if there is a horn as the center unit does not depress. The thumb horn area also has very low resistance to pushing. As in it does not feel like it has enough resistance to have a horn in there, feels more like a really dense pillow. Does it seem that my wheel/horn depression is broken or that most likely it would work if the sound producer was working. Could be a fuse with a stuck wheel based on threads from the past, but not sure how I would best diagnose this. I definitely would upgrade if anyone has any air kits that mount well in the VX that are loud/deepish they want to recommend.If OEM is the best way then I would like to purchase an OEM horn and whatever connections to it you have (just in case).

tom4bren
05/06/2014, 06:56 AM
Best of both worlds:

Add a loud air horn controlled by a pushbutton switch discreetly mounted somewhere on dash ...

whilst ...

you are sourcing the parts needed to fix your OEM horn.

A non-OEM pushbutton on your dash can even get you through VA state inspection (ask me how I know ... but don't ask how I redneck enginerded the non-existent headlight switch (including the high/low feature)).

bartmanS4
05/06/2014, 11:08 AM
The stock horn actuator doesn't feel like anything. It's in the center portion of the airbag and is easy to test by ohming it out. I would first check for a blown fuse. The stock horn is quite loud but it is tinny sounding.

Ang
05/06/2014, 11:18 PM
Thank you. I will let you know how the exploration goes.