PDA

View Full Version : New product from Klearz...maybe

Mile High VX
06/23/2014, 02:03 PM
The team at Klearz is willing to make rear side marker lenses for our VXs.

What they need is a set of lenses for a few weeks to make molds.

I'm willing to send mine, but I'll have to take them off of my VX to do so.

Does anyone have an extra set that could be used for this purpose?

You'll get them back in a few weeks after they make the molds.

I really like the look of Ron's VX with the clear rear marker lenses but they were a lot of work. This would make it easy for those that want something different.

Thanks for the help if you can.

Knigh7s
06/23/2014, 02:21 PM
I may have a spare set. I'd have to check when I get home. Do you know if they guarantee that you would receive the originals back undamaged after they make the molds? Time frame?

VXobsession
06/23/2014, 02:35 PM
I also have a spare set! If Knigh7s changes mind, I can donate. But I need them back! So there definitely needs a promise of return undamaged.

Mile High VX
06/23/2014, 04:16 PM
Here is the note from Tina and the address:

Hi,
Yes the lenses will be returned, in better shape usually then when we receive it.
We will sand all the writing on the surface, if there is any, and then buff the lens to a mirror finish before making molds.

Is it possible to confirm if the lenses/housings are same left to right? I confirmed to her that left/right are different

We will probably need a month or 2 before returning the lenses since we are so busy right now.

Thanks
Tina
Klearz.com

Ship to Canada:

Jason Rhodes
3 rue de montmagny
Cantley QC
J8V 3J1

Knigh7s
06/23/2014, 05:00 PM
@VXobsession, if you have yours on hand, you are more than welcome to send them out. I still have to check if I have at home of if I put them in storage. Let me know if you decide not to send yours and I'll go ahead and hunt mine down. :bgwo:

VXobsession
06/23/2014, 06:12 PM
Mine is right outside my shop door :) I'll pull them tomorrow. We ARE talking about the rear fender reflectors, right? By the back wheel?

Mile High VX
06/23/2014, 06:21 PM
Mine is right outside my shop door :) I'll pull them tomorrow. We ARE talking about the rear fender reflectors, right? By the back wheel?

Yes, the lights behind the rear tires on both side that illuminate with the lights.

Mile High VX
06/24/2014, 11:57 AM
Their Email address is:

info@klearz.com

I would Email and let her know that they are coming so she can watch for them.

ron
06/24/2014, 11:59 AM
If a set does not get sent for some reason, I may have mine in my garage I can send to Jason. He and I have been working together for several years for another vehicle. So, if anything, I can help expedite this product to fruition. Just let me know about the lenses and I can send directly. rudy

WormGod
06/25/2014, 06:59 AM
Or.... a spare set of rear lenses from a Miata will work. ;)

(those have been the long time perfect fit assembly for the VX)

Mile High VX
06/25/2014, 07:22 AM
New note from Tina...I would say this is a deal killer for me unless Ron has some pull.

Something i forgot to mention, if the lenses are on housings, and they don't detach easily, we might not be able to return the OEM in good usable condition, as well if the lenses are cemented on, we might need 2 sets to make our molds.

Thanks
Tina

Klearz.com

Mile High VX
06/25/2014, 08:31 AM
Or.... a spare set of rear lenses from a Miata will work. ;)

(those have been the long time perfect fit assembly for the VX)

What year?

I know that Ron used the front assembly for his clear rear lenses, but they required quite a bit of modification.

ron
06/25/2014, 09:24 AM
Let me find my rear lenses in my garage and review it. Not sure whether I used the oem housing and added the modified miata lenses or just used the miata housings too. I'll chat with Jason about this. If oem lenses have to be sacrificed in order to make molds for production, then I'll volunteer mine. I'll post results later.

FYI, the miata lenses will work with the vx housings. The internal housings just need to be trimmed in order to sit flushed with the housing. However, if you look from the side, you'll see that the lenses slightly bow out past the center about an 1/8" past the housing. Not really noticeable from a couple of feet away. But if you prefer that perfect oem fit, then getting molds made would be the ticket.

Mile High VX
06/25/2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks Ron.

Ang
06/25/2014, 04:18 PM
Once they are made, I would love to buy a set. How/Where would that be?

Mile High VX
06/25/2014, 05:05 PM
Once they are made, I would love to buy a set. How/Where would that be?

Once done they will be available on the Klearz website at www.klearz.com.

Our front fender lenses and our front cladding turn indicator lenses are there now.

ron
06/26/2014, 12:29 PM
Well it turns out that the oems were glued to the housing and that I most likely destroyed them prying them apart. I modified the Miata lenses I bought from ebay and silicone glued them over the oem housing.

There are two routes we can go with this:

1) Send out two nice (flawless) oem sets to Jason so he can make molds for both the lenses and oem housings. These would be the sacrificial set for future production.

2) Send him one set of oem lenses where he can make the oem housing from. The lens will be destroyed in the process to make the mold. And as for the lens cover, I can purchase another Miata lens from e-bay, modify it to fit my vx housing and send those out for production. Warning, the fit won't be exactly like oem. They bow about an 1/8" in the middle if you look from top view when installed. Not noticeable from 2' away. But, noticeable when you put your face to it. I'll follow up with pics later tonight of what I'm talking about.

Unless you have another option, let me know what you guys think where we should go from here. Thanks. rudy

ron
06/30/2014, 09:06 AM
Here are a couple of close-up pics of the Miata lens that I modified to fit the oem housing. The only flaw would be the slight bend outward in the center from the top view. Really not that noticeable to be honest. Let me know if I should order a Miata set or not to begin production. Thanks. rudy

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/rudesvx/20140629_122404.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/rudesvx/media/20140629_122404.jpg.html)

[IMG]http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/rudesvx/20140629_122358.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/rudesvx/media/20140629_122358.jpg.html)

gonzo7231
07/02/2014, 08:10 AM
I can pull the ones from my parts truck if we need to. No problem.

Gonzo

Mile High VX
07/02/2014, 08:15 AM
The Miata lens would work for me.