PDA

View Full Version : P/S Hose routing through the gear box

sindarin
07/15/2014, 12:20 PM
Is someone able to simply go outside and shoot me a pic of their P/S gear box so I know what lines to connect to which port? I have

A newly installed gear box
New pressure line(s)
New pump installed with the pressure line on IT but no lines ON THE BOX. I want to make sure the one from the reservoir gets hooked up right and the one from the pump gets hooked up right.

No.. Pics from the service manual SHOWING ME EXPLODED PUMP AND GEAR BOX ARE NOT HELPFUL only a color pic of an actually hooked up and working system will do.

With mucho thankos,

Sindarin

KRemo
07/15/2014, 06:55 PM
the pump to reservoir should be a bigger line and connects to left side res. if looking directly at it. the other smaller line goes from the res. to the gear box. front closest to wheel well. hope that helps

eternal21
07/16/2014, 10:11 AM
In addition, in looking at the reservoir from the front of the truck:
a) the hose from the back (closest to the firewall) of the reservoir goes to the top of the pump and
b) the other hose is connected to the gearbox.

sindarin
07/17/2014, 11:15 AM
In addition, in looking at the reservoir from the front of the truck:
a) the hose from the back (closest to the firewall) of the reservoir goes to the top of the pump and
b) the other hose is connected to the gearbox.

To WHICH gearbox connection, sir. (Closest to firewall or closest to radiator...) THATS what I am missing. It ain't the PUMP or the RESERVOIR foiling me, the gear box has two plastic retainers in it. One close to radiator, one close to firewall.

Appreciate the input, and I never met a Texan I didnt like (but they treat them like **** here in Colorado for some silly reason)

Mile High VX
07/17/2014, 11:40 AM
To WHICH gearbox connection, sir. (Closest to firewall or closest to radiator...) THATS what I am missing. It ain't the PUMP or the RESERVOIR foiling me, the gear box has two plastic retainers in it. One close to radiator, one close to firewall.

Appreciate the input, and I never met a Texan I didnt like (but they treat them like **** here in Colorado for some silly reason)

They are close together...the line from the reservoir goes into the opening closest to the firewall and nearest to the inner fender. Also closest to the flex joint in the steering shaft.

eternal21
07/17/2014, 04:51 PM
They are close together...the line from the reservoir goes into the opening closest to the firewall and nearest to the inner fender. Also closest to the flex joint in the steering shaft.

+1. The one on the back right.