PDA

View Full Version : Check Transmission light

nwdyver
11/25/2003, 01:53 AM
:(
I was driving home last night and my Check Engine light came on, then the Check Trans light followed. The dealer told me that the 02 sensor needs replacing to fix the Engine light,,,,,,,,,,,and I need a NEW Transmission to fix, (what he says) ,,, is an internal problem . New tranny $4000 + or a overhaul $3000+. Funny thing, the vehicle drives fine :confused:
I'm bringing it to Aamco tommorow. Hopefully I will get a better answer.. Any thoughts out here????
The car only has 63000 miles.

AnalogVX
11/25/2003, 09:37 AM
I'm not a mechanic, but the way BOTH lights came on at just about the same time sounds a little fishy. Maybe an ECM problem or a short somewhere? Not sure where you're located, but some auto parts stores will check for trouble codes if a light goes on. Usually for only a couple bucks if not for free.

SGT.BATGUANO
11/25/2003, 10:05 PM
Although it may be an electrical problem, try fixing the cheaper O2 sensors first, reset the computer and see if the trans MIL returns.

nwdyver
11/26/2003, 01:29 AM
I picked up my VX today at the dealer. I did just that, I told them to fix the 02 sensor and leave the tranny alone. I guess when they reset the computer ( check engine light ) The check trans light goes out aswell. I'll see if the light comes back on. If it does,,,,,,,Aamco here I come. I did find out that the dealer did NOTHING to check the transmission except hook up the diagnostic. This just gives them a code that says there is a problem. There fix,,,REPLACE TRANSMISSION :confused:
They didn't even remove the pan to see if there were any shavings.
Imagine how many people actually believe there BS and buy a new tranny.

Dallas4u
11/26/2003, 08:58 AM
It makes me CRINGE every time I hear about Isuzu service telling people this stuff!!

vettewars
10/27/2004, 08:38 AM
After the wife put about 80 miles on the car the check trans light came on and then the engine light.

Can you tell me the "rest of the story" on this?

I'm so dumb on the VX...just learning after buying for the wife just 2 days ago....I can't even figure out where to add trans fluid.

Now the guy that sold it to us showed us a repair of $2400 that I have plus up till next Mar for the guarantee...so I'll be calling these guys.

But the strange thing is in the manual it says when the check trans light comes on the trans won't shift and then you have to shift it manually.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. Is it RECOMMENDING shifting manually so as to not cause any further damage?"@#$?

Otherwise the thing shifts great and is running great and it just passed emissions test in NJ just 2 days ago.