PDA

View Full Version : Airbag light on dash, horn no longer works either. Any help...

psychonectar
10/11/2014, 02:43 PM
So I had to put a replacement airbag in. Easy enough job, thanks to some advice around here. However, the horn won't work now and the airbag light is on the dash. I've checked the connections thoroughly and also checked the 10A fuse. Still no luck. Any advice?

psychonectar
10/11/2014, 10:12 PM
I read in some other isuzu forum that loose wiring under the seats could trigger the airbag dash light...but would that also account for my lost horn?

Y33TREKker
10/12/2014, 05:59 AM
Was it the EB-2 10A Horn fuse that you checked? If so, you might also check both 10A fuses associated with the Safety Restraint System.

The 10A CB-21 fuse in the dash fuse box supplies the Air Bag light, so it must be good if you're seeing the light, and CB-22 (also a 10A in the dash fuse box) is used for supplying the airbag system sensing and diagnostic module which in turn works with the airbag light.

Are you sure the replacement airbag you installed checked out 100%? I ask because the actual horn switch used to activate the horn relay (something else in the dash fuse box you might also check if you haven't already) is incorporated into the airbag assembly.

VXorado
10/12/2014, 07:22 AM
Yikes, might be a bad unit. Like Trekker said, the airbag light & horn are two different functions with different wires. Make sure you have two separate pigtails in the steering wheel and that the horn wire wasn't ripped out during the theft.

ameetw
10/14/2014, 04:48 PM
The clock spring has 3 connecting points i think, it connects the airbag and the horn to the car. that could be your culprit. I had a similar problem when a mechanic tried to remove the steering wheel without unplugging the clock spring.

The strip broke, but luckily i managed to solder it back again. But it's giving me problems again, i am still looking for the clock spring to replace it.

Hope that helps.

Ameet