PDA

View Full Version : seatbelt retractor

Daly
10/22/2014, 11:00 AM
My drivers side seat belt retractor does not work to well. Anyone undertaken fixing or replacing this?
Seems like a pain in the a.... job.

HeckaTrebeka
10/22/2014, 11:44 AM
I have the same issue in mine and accidentally slammed the door on it several times.. I haven't had it repaired yet, but it's on my long list of 'to-do' items for the vx.

LittleBeast
10/22/2014, 04:11 PM
Haha, I had the same problem, all I did was switch the passenger and drivers side belt mechanisms. They are exactly identical, and now I only deal with the bad retraction when I have passengers.

circmand
10/23/2014, 08:16 AM
Had the issue almost from new.

KILNA
10/23/2014, 05:07 PM
I get it occasionally... would be curious if there's a good fix.

tom4bren
10/24/2014, 07:44 AM
you rat bastards. Never had an issue till you posted about it!!!:)

Daly
10/24/2014, 08:53 AM
Was it a tough fix to switch the passenger and drivers retractor?

Cobrajet
10/24/2014, 08:54 AM
Had the issue almost from new.

X2

I've slammed the door on it a few times, so I've gotten into the habit of being very careful to make sure it fully retracts. I've had to pull it almost to the limit on a couple occasions to get it to retract.

And then there's the opposite... it locks when I come to a stop on a downhill intersection, and I can't lean forward to look around the inevitable bushes planted right on the corner! :mad:

circmand
10/24/2014, 08:57 AM
X2

I've slammed the door on it a few times, so I've gotten into the habit of being very careful to make sure it fully retracts. I've had to pull it almost to the limit on a couple occasions to get it to retract.

And then there's the opposite... it locks when I come to a stop on a downhill intersection, and I can't lean forward to look around the inevitable bushes planted right on the corner! :mad:

have to feed it into the retractor bit by bit, slammed it in door more times than you can count,

joeworf
10/24/2014, 10:03 AM
have to feed it into the retractor bit by bit, slammed it in door more times than you can count,

:yeso: :yeso: Ditto. So it's not just me. It's an intermittent thing and I can go weeks with no problem and then it flares up again. I just usually pay it out carefully and let it slowly reel in.