PDA

View Full Version : Slow/dead windows

Apostle
11/26/2003, 09:49 AM
Ok, so driving down the road, 20 below outside (or felt like it)
rolled the window down for something, and when i tried to roll it back up, it went extremely slow then not at all, so i lowered it and tried again

not until the third time when i assisted it with hand, that it went back up

no problems since, every now and then, even before that i would get a semi slow roll up.

what can i do to fix this? was thinking a stronger motor, but then thought about the battery.

EDIT: i did not notice any binding, i already know about that problem. they just went slow for a bit

nyc #1 ironman
11/26/2003, 09:54 AM
Do a search on window problems. I'm sure you'll be reading for hours. Best advice , if you live in a warm climate "just break-um"...

SPAZZ
11/26/2003, 10:40 AM
if the window is going up slow or not at all...either the motor is out or it is binding!!!

Apostle
11/26/2003, 10:59 AM
thought about the binding, but its rare that it happens.

motor seems fine.

Does the motor draw directly from the battery? i do recal it was right after starting it up, so that made me think battery is kinda weak

guess ill do the fix, see what happens then

AlaskaVX
11/26/2003, 11:03 AM
window regulator? I have not had the actual binding problem that people have (I had what you described) but I have had both window regulators go out and my drivers side just went out again.

CrzyFool
11/26/2003, 11:14 AM
I had my regulators replaced, windows go up and down fine now :-)

Anita
11/26/2003, 11:37 AM
Lubricate the tracks with silicon at intervals as an added preventative.

Dylan19
11/26/2003, 02:42 PM
I think you have binding that you are not so aware of. I have some random binding in the summer, but in the winter its like the binding changes into more of a slow down. If you pull them up that always helps, as Anita said silicon spray lube in the tracks also works quite well (be cautious of overspray getting on the glass, its a pain to clean off), but I think the real window fix is Moncha's window fix walk through. I think he is dead on with his solutions and am looking forward to trying it out. Now if it would just stop snowing i might actually do it.

Heres the link: [URL=http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1180]

mrtew
11/27/2003, 10:46 AM
Spray silicone from the auto parts store on the rubber tracks all the way around the frame. That fixed my slow windows.

Artist4Sale
12/01/2003, 09:39 AM
Seems that the VX has a design flaw with the windows. A few people that I know have already had the driver and passenger side replaced...more than once!! My passenger side got replaced this summer, and my driver side is a little slow. Good luck!!! it is covered by the warranty!

Stacey

Wulfgott
12/22/2003, 04:40 PM
I just had both the passenger and Driver side motivators replaced.

Dealer first replaced the seals thinking that was the problem (even though I told them it wasn't). This did not fix it. Brought it back a week later to yell at them again, then they replaced both motivators. Windows go up fine now and quite a bit faster. So, I think the motors in both were dying. (death of motivator caused by slight binding I suspect) I am going to try that silicone lube thing mentioned above just to be safe.

Everytime I take my VX to the dealer to get something fixed they seem to break something else.....like the door trim panel...