PDA

View Full Version : BZBZZZ is back in the body shop

tom4bren
11/05/2014, 08:27 AM
If it weren't for bad luck ... I'd have no luck at all ...

(Gotta sing that in your best Hee Haw voice).

Boy took the Proton in for inspection on Monday. When the tech was pulling it out of the bay, he did our most favoritest stunt. He had his foot on the brake & accelerator at the same time. Unfortunately, there was a brick wall in his way when it happened.

Front nose cone, bumper, radiator were all damaged. The shop is being very good about the repairs & even set me up in a nice mini-van (Yippeee).

I'll post some pix after the repairs.

I told them I want the damaged nose cone in case it can be repaired or make it available for modification for a winch mount or sump'n.

VX KAT
11/05/2014, 08:48 AM
:( so sorry Tom

tom4bren
11/05/2014, 08:54 AM
At least it wasn't totaled this time.:dance:

I can't find the thread on the fabricator that can make the front tube bumper (behind the cladding). Can anyone post a link to that thread for me?

JoFotoz
11/05/2014, 09:10 AM
:( sorry to hear that tom

i think this is the bumper thread....

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23281

:_beer:

Jo

MSHardeman
11/05/2014, 09:15 AM
Hey, that's my thread!! Woohoo!!

Tom, I would be happy to help get a new front bumper bent up for you. I think the shop will need my VX again because the last time I talked to them I don't think that they kept the dimensions that they took off of my old bumper. I am actually bedding the VX down for the winter in a storage unit that is only a few blocks away from the shop so it would be easy to get the VX to them.

The bumper that they bent up for me wasn't cheap, but I have a feeling that it will last forever.

Let me know how things go.

Oh, and VERY sorry to hear about the unintended nose job that BZBZZZ got.

tom4bren
11/05/2014, 10:28 AM
The shop has already sourced all the parts except for the tube bumper. They were going to try to straighten the existing one but I'm afraid it's going to break when they pull on it. I'll let you know if it looks like we'll need to get a new one made.

ZEUS
11/05/2014, 01:30 PM
What you need is FORWARD offset from Hell! ...and maybe REARWARD offset from Hell too.

Hope all goes smoothly, Thor.

Buffy
11/05/2014, 06:04 PM
I think I have a tube bumper part. Just say'n. :bwgy:

vp277
11/05/2014, 08:44 PM
Tom, I feel bad, but the good news is that it's going to live!

tom4bren
11/06/2014, 04:51 AM
What you need is FORWARD offset from Hell! ...and maybe REARWARD offset from Hell too.

Hope all goes smoothly, Thor.

The rear is covered. I usually keep the Super Bumper in the receiver. Mebbe it's time to add a receiver & Super Bumper to the front too.:)

I think I have a tube bumper part. Just say'n. :bwgy:

Thanks Buffy. I'll try to stop by tonight & see if they've broken (I mean fixed) the old one yet.

Tom, I feel bad, but the good news is that it's going to live!

True. I've never owned an accident magnet before. This one certainly qualifies.

WormGod
11/06/2014, 07:03 AM
Yep, same thing happened to mine years ago. Tech pulled mine into the bay and mashed on both pedals. Rammed my VX through the toolboxes and into the cinder block wall. I still love that he had the gall to say the brakes failed and that it wasn't his fault.

tom4bren
11/06/2014, 08:08 AM
Yah, Boy said that the tech's first comment was that the brakes didn't work ... but it had just passed inspection. Go Figger!!!

The owner is being real nice about it though so I have no complaints ... other than that it happened.

JAMAS
11/06/2014, 09:37 AM
Yah, Boy said that the tech's first comment was that the brakes didn't work ... but it had just passed inspection. Go Figger!!!

that's hilarious.

Sorry about your VX, but glad everyone's OK and someone else is paying for the damage.