PDA

View Full Version : Car Cover

Lucian08
11/06/2014, 03:00 PM
Anyone got a car cover for their VX? I saw a few old threads that had recommendations for a few online stores, but no one piped in that they actually had one. Soooooooooo... anyone have a cover for their VX? Or can recommend a store that they got a cover from for another vehicle? Unfortunately my baby sits for extended periods of time outside(even in the winter) and I'd love to help it out whenever I can't put him in the garage. I have other daily cars I drive so the VX only gets put to use for special occasions now. I know, first world problems.

Y33TREKker
11/06/2014, 03:58 PM
I have one that is a custom fit from either Wolf or Covercraft that works well when I use it (haven't in awhile since I'm now able to park it inside).

It even has pockets for the mirrors, but I'd usually take the antenna off so it wouldn't get bent over time. I'd usually put it on then tie it under the bottom to keep in on tight so it wouldn't move around if it was windy to prevent abrasions in the paint.

I'd say check with any of the bigger name car cover manufacturers and they might still be available, even if one has to be made at the time. Might be an item for a bulk buy if the manufacturer would offer a deal for running off a few new ones at the same time for a group of VX owners.

There were usually a few different models to choose from for each vehicle depending on whether it was just to keep dust off the paint if parked inside, or a multi-layer waterproof model to keep out rain, snow, etc, if being used on a vehicle that was always parked outside.

JoFotoz
11/06/2014, 04:17 PM
I use an "off the shelf" Early Bronco cover.

I had an EB, got it a cover...
...discovered it fit the VX very well :)

Not a perfect custom fit... but good enough for excellent rain/sun protection.

jo

Cobrajet
11/07/2014, 06:36 AM
I have one that is a custom fit from either Wolf or Covercraft that works well when I use it

All of my current covers are from California Car Cover Company (http://www.calcarcover.com/)(Torino and Mustang). I bought a Wolf Mustang cover once, and the corners ripped installing it the first time. Got my money back!

CalCarCover makes a great cover for outdoor use, called the Superweave that is very light, but waterproof, so you can just remove the cover and drive away. The covers I had previously, Stormweave, are thicker and give good bump protection, but tend to leave a film of dust on the car after a rain storm (thus, they sell the Duster, too). Word of warning, though. Since the Superweave is so light, it has a tendency to lift and blow away in high winds, so buy the clamp kit (http://www.calcarcover.com/product/2708/273/Gust_Guard_Clamp_and_Cord_Car_Cover_Tie_Down_Syste m).

Lucian08
11/07/2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the quick replies. The California Car Cover had an easy website to use, so I'll put in an order and let you know how it fits. Thanks!