PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing?

ahdoman
11/15/2014, 07:23 PM
Hey all,
Spent the day putting some TLC into Pearl and I came across two things that just don't seem right;

- The first is my ashtray; how come the gap is so large on the top? Am I missing a trim piece?

- The other is underneath; Should there be a couple of rubber bushings in these two "hoops? What do they do?

Mile High VX
11/15/2014, 07:34 PM
Your hoops look just like my hoops...no bushings.

The ashtray looks to be not in the slots right. If it is it could be a replacement from another vehicle. I believe that the PO was a pretty heavy smoker and the old one may have been replaced by the dealer if he couldn't get it clean.

ahdoman
11/15/2014, 07:37 PM
The ashtray was missing from Pearl when I got it. I purchased this from a member whio was parting their VX. It slid right into the frame.

What is the reason for the hoops?

Mile High VX
11/15/2014, 07:42 PM
Not sure about what the hoops are for.

My ashtray face is 2" tall if that helps.

Mile High VX
11/15/2014, 07:54 PM
Hoops look to be associated with the rear cross member support.

LittleBeast
11/16/2014, 08:59 AM
Ashtray can slide in below the correct slots incorrectly. In order to get it into the correct slots you normally have to shift the VX into the low gear shifter and then you can get a good angle to slide the ash tray into the top slots. Looks like to me it is just not installed correctly.

ahdoman
11/16/2014, 09:33 AM
Figured out the ashtray. A PO put the frame back in incorrectly. Unfortunately they bent the plastic that the top two clips go behind. Im hoping I can fix this with the heat gun and a little patience. Thanks for the suggestions.

Otwobme
11/17/2014, 09:38 AM
Hey all,
Spent the day putting some TLC into Pearl and I came across two things that just don't seem right;

- The first is my ashtray; how come the gap is so large on the top? Am I missing a trim piece?

- The other is underneath; Should there be a couple of rubber bushings in these two "hoops? What do they do?

The "hoops" as you call them are protection just in-case the drive shaft come apart the hoops will keep it from slamming back and forth.