PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft question - Help Needed

Mile High VX
11/15/2014, 07:57 PM
So I crawled under my VX to investigate something for another member.

I found that the cap has come off the end of the section of the driveshaft that hold the lube and has slung grease all over the undercarriage. The cap is at the back end of this section towards the rear of the vehicle.

Anyone else ever had this issue?

Can I just push the end cap back in place and lube it again? I can move it and wiggle it to slide back into place but not sure if it will stay.

Here's a photo:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Driveshaft.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Y33TREKker
11/16/2014, 05:07 AM
Kind of hard to tell what's going on with it. You might try cleaning everything up so you can have a better look at the seal to see what you're actually working with. Maybe it's something you could temporarily duct tape into place and regrease until a more permanent fix could occur? Either way though, not sure I'd want to leave it as is if you've lost a lot or all of the grease that was supposed to be there.

bartmanS4
11/16/2014, 08:50 AM
Yes, you can just slide the cup back in place.
Forgot to mention to tap it in place with a rubber mallet. This seems to seat it better.

Otwobme
11/17/2014, 09:21 AM
Yes, you can just slide the cup back in place.
Forgot to mention to tap it in place with a rubber mallet. This seems to seat it better.

you can do as Scott said however this will be a temp fix, i would have it rebuilt if i were you. that way you know its good to go.

Mile High VX
11/17/2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the help.

Hey Jake, where could I get that done in the Denver area?

Otwobme
11/18/2014, 09:09 AM
i take all my stuff to rocky mountain drive line.
3034338683 if you bring it to me i can get it done cheaper.