PDA

View Full Version : Rancho 9000XLs replaced under warranty

Mile High VX
11/25/2014, 06:20 PM
Been having a harsh ride and really bouncy...more than normal okay...:bwgy::bgwo:

I had all 4 Ranchos replaced today under warranty at the Sears where they were originally purchased. This is the second time for the fronts since one blew out after only about 5K miles.

Set the fronts to 6 and the back to 5 and it rides great again.

Love the lifetime warranty on these...:bgwb::smilewink:bgwo::bwgy:

tom4bren
11/26/2014, 08:07 AM
That's a shocking development!!!:)

Glad it worked out for ya.

ahdoman
11/27/2014, 10:25 PM
How did you know they were bad? I've had mine on since I got Pearl but I've never been very impressed with them. I have mine cranked up full to get the ride correct.

circmand
11/28/2014, 06:12 AM
How did you know they were bad? I've had mine on since I got Pearl but I've never been very impressed with them. I have mine cranked up full to get the ride correct.

Settings are a personal preferences but it is doubtful 9s are what you want. Try 4 in front 5 in back and adjust from there

Mile High VX
11/28/2014, 07:06 AM

I knew the fronts were bad because of the three bounces it was doing after every bump...same thing that happened when one of them blew out after 5K miles when I first put them on.

I changed the back just because they said I could under the warranty so this way they all have the same mileage.

I had mine on 8 when I first put them on and it was more like the OEM ride, but using lower settings gave me a better ride, but a bit more lean and not as tight in the corners. 6 front and 5 in the back seems to be a good place for my taste.

ahdoman
11/28/2014, 11:12 PM
I tried to run them lower than 8 but they just feel too loose. When I first installed them I ran them at 6 and 5 because if you cycle the shocks they tend to work in quicker. After about 100 miles I couldn't take the bounce any longer and had to crank them up to 8 to keep it from hitting the bump stops.

I bought that set of low mileage OEM's from Otobme so I'm going to install them at some point. I've never had OEM's on the car so I have nothing to compare them to.