PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Light

TonyVX
12/09/2014, 07:11 PM
So there is this little red light on my dash. I've done a search for "little read light on my dash that came on once and gave me pause" but nothing came up.

I believe I've seen this on other people's photos but I don't have a manual (can't use the one in the downloads section because I can't get the ISO to mount) so I can't really tell if it's a mod or came from the factory.

A little help?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/thumbs/Thingy.png (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=25289)

JoFotoz
12/09/2014, 07:46 PM
That is your vehicle OEM alarm light.

It flashes when alarm is set/armed via OEM key fob activation.

:_beer:

jo

tom4bren
12/10/2014, 05:20 AM
Here's the Security System Alarm manual for ya.

TonyVX
12/10/2014, 10:51 AM
You guys are the best!

Thanks!

tom4bren
12/10/2014, 12:53 PM
We know ... especially the whore jockey & me ... we're the best of the best.:)

Hades
12/10/2014, 10:57 PM
Haha I thought a previous owner installed it, doesnt look OEM at all.

tom4bren
12/11/2014, 10:36 AM
BTW, my Amigo has the same light. It comes on whenever it wants ... or not at all. I didn't get a FOB with it so I've never used the security system.

A few times the alarm has gone off but just starting the car turns it off.

JoFotoz
12/11/2014, 10:41 AM
And apparently...

We know ... especially the whore jockey & me ... we're the best of the best.:)

....super modest too :eek:

WJ.. :jump: .. every time!

Jo

nocturnalVX
12/11/2014, 02:10 PM
Haha I thought a previous owner installed it, doesnt look OEM at all.

The alarm system on the VehiCROSS was "port installed" (if I am remembering correctly), so even though it was "stock" it has an aftermarket look to it.

TonyVX
12/16/2014, 08:50 AM
Funny, I think I'll rip out the aftermarket alarm/imobilizer/remote starter and try and figure out the factory (or port install) alarm. The the aftermarket one that the previous owner installed has locked me out with the engine running TWICE!

It was pretty comical. Luckily I was at home and got my neighbor to scale my balcony to get into my house to get the spare key! House key was in the VX too!

circmand
12/16/2014, 01:26 PM
Funny, I think I'll rip out the aftermarket alarm/imobilizer/remote starter and try and figure out the factory (or port install) alarm. The the aftermarket one that the previous owner installed has locked me out with the engine running TWICE!

It was pretty comical. Luckily I was at home and got my neighbor to scale my balcony to get into my house to get the spare key! House key was in the VX too!

That can happen with the stock alarm to. Vermont January Midnight Snowing Very Little Gas lots of fun

Mile High VX
12/16/2014, 01:51 PM
That can happen with the stock alarm to. Vermont January Midnight Snowing Very Little Gas lots of fun

My wife did this at Church one Sunday evening when I was out of town...with an infant in a car seat in the van...:bgwb::bwgy::smilewink:bgwo:

At least we can laugh about it now.

Threadjack over...

Ldub
01/06/2015, 08:07 AM
BTW, my Amigo has the same light. It comes on whenever it wants ... or not at all. I didn't get a FOB with it so I've never used the security system.

A few times the alarm has gone off but just starting the car turns it off.

Same here T-man, I've found that quickly rocking the lock rocker on the door panel will most of the time lock it without the alarm going off upon re-entry.

Other times, it'll just go off with one beep, other-other times, it'll just keep going off till I turn the key... :_confused

It's def got a mind of it's own, and I'm waiting for the radio to start talking to me in my mothers voice... :smilewink