PDA

View Full Version : Ready for paint

Heloavi
01/19/2015, 03:30 AM
Stripped the cladding off this weekend and got her ready for paint. Can not wait to see her in Olive Drab or some other color. Any suggestions? and before you ask the previous owner had her in orange.

VXorado
01/19/2015, 12:30 PM
What shade olive drab are you going for? light, dark, gloss, matte, etc.?

Hiredgoon
01/19/2015, 10:21 PM
I always thought it would look very sharp debadged, in a matte olive drab vinyl wrap. Maybe some custom graphics on the wide pillars behind the windows and some basic vehicle info in place of the 3.5L in a matte black stencil--GVW, part of the serial, etc. Black wheels with the white lettering out. Like an old school GI Joe vehicle brought to life.

Heloavi
01/20/2015, 01:04 AM
What shade olive drab are you going for? light, dark, gloss, matte, etc.?

I am looking at a Matte Olive Drab dark with Matte Black on the cladding. More old school milatary vehicle look.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d24/ExpeditionXJ/AJPpaintA1.jpg

Heloavi
01/20/2015, 01:06 AM
I always thought it would look very sharp debadged, in a matte olive drab vinyl wrap. Maybe some custom graphics on the wide pillars behind the windows and some basic vehicle info in place of the 3.5L in a matte black stencil--GVW, part of the serial, etc. Black wheels with the white lettering out. Like an old school GI Joe vehicle brought to life.

Plan on doing the debadge as most are in bad shape. The dip your car paint is what Iam using on the wheels to get them blacked out maybe with a hint of the green around the rim. Not sure if I will stencil anything yet. I can do that with temp plastic dip paint and remove it if I do not like it.

Hiredgoon
01/21/2015, 04:29 PM
I just did my hood insert in flat black plastidip. It looks really sharp and had a texture very similar to the cladding. I'll post updates on wear after a few months but right now it looks 1000x better than the faded blotchy grey that it was before.