PDA

View Full Version : front drive shaft

mattferguson14
01/30/2015, 08:04 PM
Will this fit the vx? http://m.ebay.com/itm/171652627067?nav=SEARCH

Triathlete
01/30/2015, 08:15 PM
Nope. That is from a non TOD vehicle (has u joints...not CVs). Make sure to put TOD in your search.

JoFotoz
01/30/2015, 08:57 PM
I'm confussssssssssed...!

Will this fit the vx? http://m.ebay.com/itm/171652627067?nav=SEARCH

Why not get one of the front shafts that Jon or Scott kindly offered you...
...on the other thread about this same thing?????

:_thinking

Jo

VXorado
01/31/2015, 06:58 AM
I'm confussssssssssed...!

Why not get one of the front shafts that Jon or Scott kindly offered you...
...on the other thread about this same thing?????

:_thinking

Jo

:_confused

I let Scott take this one over. Scott mentioned his sale price and I thought it was VERY fair.

Matt, why is your VX missing a front drive-shaft again? With a lift and 2" diff drop, everything was built right. Seems like the missing drive-shaft means something was broken and the PO didn't want to deal with it.

mattferguson14
01/31/2015, 07:52 AM
:_confused

I let Scott take this one over. Scott mentioned his sale price and I thought it was VERY fair.

Matt, why is your VX missing a front drive-shaft again? With a lift and 2" diff drop, everything was built right. Seems like the missing drive-shaft means something was broken and the PO didn't want to deal with it.

Scott had not gotten back to me. I've been PMing him and no response. If he doesn't get back to me I'll gladly buy Vxorados drive shaft. This post was more food for thought than anything because the listing says this part fits TOD equipped troopers and TOD equipped passports. The dealer I bought the truck from removed the shaft, not the PO. They said it was making noise because the joints were worn out, which was turning away any potential buyers who test drove the truck. I'm hoping that the diff and transfer case are OK, but won't know til I get this Drive shaft in.

VXorado
01/31/2015, 08:12 AM
Scott had not gotten back to me. I've been PMing him and no response. If he doesn't get back to me I'll gladly buy Vxorados drive shaft. This post was more food for thought than anything because the listing says this part fits TOD equipped troopers and TOD equipped passports. The dealer I bought the truck from removed the shaft, not the PO. They said it was making noise because the joints were worn out, which was turning away any potential buyers who test drove the truck. I'm hoping that the diff and transfer case are OK, but won't know til I get this Drive shaft in.

I'm sure Scotty will get back to you soon. I can't seem to locate mine anyways. May have gotten over zealous with the SAS and threw it out. :confused:

Hopefully it was just the driveshaft CVs that were making noise. It will be good to get that drive-shaft so you test it out!

bartmanS4
01/31/2015, 08:35 AM
Relax Matt, I'm here. :)
I travel a lot for work so I don't always respond right away. I just got in late last night so I'll take some pics and send em to you asap.
Cheers,
Scott

Marlin
02/01/2015, 11:41 AM

With the diff drop, it will often rip the inner boot, and if you get sand/mud in there, it eats the bearings. I am soon to be on my 4th prop shaft, but I removed it for awhile while waiting, since it was making lots of noise.