PDA

View Full Version : muffler???

p_justin13
02/09/2015, 05:28 AM
does anyone know of a muffler that is a direct bolt on fit?? Or maybe a merlin question is the stock muffler still available from st. charles isuzu even though I know its stupid expensive?

Mile High VX
02/09/2015, 05:36 AM
Merlin is no longer at St. Charles and they have stopped selling parts for Isuzu.

I've been using IsuzuParts.com which is a website that is run by a Ford dealer in Washington state.

Stock muffler is about $400 plus tax and shipping. Not sure if it would actually be available but at least it's still listed...:smilewink:bgwb:

circmand
02/09/2015, 06:00 AM
Merlin is no longer at St. Charles and they have stopped selling parts for Isuzu.

I've been using IsuzuParts.com which is a website that is run by a Ford dealer in Washington state.

Stock muffler is about $400 plus tax and shipping. Not sure if it would actually be available but at least it's still listed...:smilewink:bgwb:

Just has to be shipped from Japan last I heard

p_justin13
02/09/2015, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know if the muffler from the Acura since the rest of the exhaust system is the same as the vehicross will bolt in

circmand
02/09/2015, 10:17 AM
just go to a muffler shop with a pipe bender they can fit an after market onto the existing system

jmayer40
02/10/2015, 12:39 PM
I got a trooper muffler. It came with direct fit. And just modified it. Had to extend frond pipe alittle. Plus once u remove ur old one, you'll have those brackets also. Plus rock auto has the gaskets. For Isuzu parts try AHIKN. Com. Oem parts there too.

evillecutter
02/10/2015, 12:44 PM
they have to cut the old one out anyways making many mufflers direct fit via welding - when i got a new one there were at least a dozen choices

tom4bren
02/10/2015, 12:51 PM
they have to cut the old one out anyways making many mufflers direct fit via welding - when i got a new one there were at least a dozen choices

Hence the popularity of cat-back kits. That's the only way to go 'bolt on'. Anything else will require welding.

Actually there is a way to do it yourself with adapters & such with pipe clamps available at most auto parts stores. Past experience has taught me however that it will be a lesson in frustration (not strong & lotsa leaks). The best day of my life was the day I had a shop trash my 'redneck engineered' exhaust and weld in a quality one.

jmayer40
02/10/2015, 01:43 PM
I didn't get a part number. Just 99 trooper muffler. Fitted it with adapter and welded with low amps. but keep old muffler for reference position.

LittleBeast
02/11/2015, 07:26 AM
I order a Magnaflow from Amazon for like $100 I think, had it welded on and sounds better then ever.

blacksambo
02/11/2015, 07:57 PM
I like the OEM mufflers for our two daily driven VX'S. First they last...LoL. Second, they sound nice and stately. Ours typically go thirteen years, but I wash them once a week at the pressure hand wash.

KILNA
02/11/2015, 10:00 PM

WOT???? GAH!

VXorado
02/12/2015, 06:14 AM
I order a Magnaflow from Amazon for like $100 I think, had it welded on and sounds better then ever.

I'll need to check Amazon.

I'm going with the Magnaflow next. I currently have a dynomax turbo but have noticed the magnaflow is a bit more "rumbly" and the dynomax sound more like a tuner.

jmayer40
02/12/2015, 06:40 AM
http://www.isuzupartscenter.com Same as St.Charles but with no Merlin.