PDA

View Full Version : Red Rocks Lodge, February 2015 WTF?

MSHardeman
02/22/2015, 07:37 AM
I'm in Moab this weekend for a soccer tournament and I figured I would pass by The Stoop to pay my respects. I thought that I would see boarded up windows, old beds in the middle of the parking lot, or a big hole in the ground. Imagine my surprise when I saw this:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/image153.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/image152.jpg

It looks like a lot of The Stoop has been freshly painted and the lobby is having some work done in it.

What gives? I thought that they were tearing the old girl down to make way for something bigger and better. That's why we had to move to The Apache (which is where we are staying this weekend, and it's just lovely). If your painting and doing renovations, chances are you are t tearing anything down anytime soon. Maybe they finally just had enough of us and gave us a story to make us go somewhere else. :(

BigSwede
02/22/2015, 05:20 PM
Figures. I noticed last month that their website was still active, more or less.

nocturnalVX
02/22/2015, 06:08 PM
How rude!

VXorado
02/23/2015, 07:02 AM
That's a bit odd and completely opposite of what they've been saying.

I was there in November "undercover" and was told they were demoing the entire place for a completely new venue in the future. So at least they've been telling everyone that and not just our group.

With that said... I had a bad experience there last time. I'm ready for them to tear it all down. :eek:

BigSwede
02/23/2015, 11:14 AM
Nah, I think it was just that hat you were wearing for the formal...

VXorado
02/24/2015, 08:42 AM
Nah, I think it was just that hat you were wearing for the formal...

Hey now, I like that hat. Expect to see it again this year. :naughty:

bartmanS4
02/24/2015, 09:09 AM
Hey now, I like that hat. Expect to see it again this year. :naughty:

I think the problem was that the hat was the ONLY thing you were wearing. ;puke: