PDA

View Full Version : Heelllppp!

bssage
03/04/2015, 06:32 AM
I use an Auto Page system to remote start my car in the mornings. Always works fine.

This morning everything appears to be working fine as I get ready to take my teenage son to High School. As I get in the horn blast's. When either door is open the horn is full on.

I shut off and started the vehicle using the keys.
Unlocked and locked the doors using the keys, the remote, and the rocker button on the doors.

Disconnected what appeared to be a horn mounted to the right of passenger side headlight.

Still WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

The perk, of course is that I really embarrassed my teenage son as I dropped him off in the HS U drive. So that was a small win.

But I can seem to locate the second horn, or sound source.

Embarrassing my kid is one thing. Embarrassing myself is another. I need help in a hurry please.

PS It's cold outside and I have no garage. So I would at least like to disconnect the horn. Untill it is warmer out and I can spend some time actually trouble shooting it. And Yeah I live in Iowa. So it's not like I actually use my horn more than a couple of times a year.

Thanks
Bryan

JAMAS
03/04/2015, 07:00 AM
maybe disconnect battery and reconnect.....

will that reset the alarm?

bssage
03/04/2015, 07:41 AM
maybe disconnect battery and reconnect.....

will that reset the alarm?

I dont know. But I am sure going to give it a shot.

bartmanS4
03/04/2015, 08:15 AM
Two horns are located under bumper by passenger headlight for honking at people. One horn is located at the passenger side firewall for security system.

LittleBeast
03/04/2015, 09:49 AM
I would think for a temporary fix you could remove the fuse for the horn.