PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who purchased Jo's skid plates.

Y33TREKker
04/11/2015, 12:16 PM
Did you have to do any modifications to get the front plate to fit?

JoFotoz
04/11/2015, 04:18 PM
Heya

These plates were sold "AS IS"..direct from molds...without final fit and trimming.
Hence the cheap price relative to the ABS molded ones.

Yes... I heard from one other owner with fit issues...
..same as you described in your PM to me.

One of the issues seems to be some VX front claddings seem to vary.
(Much like the ENTIRE car is NOT symetrical !)

This is a function of the limited production ..bad tolerances..
..and warpage over the years.

The ABS ones are a more flexible..and bend to shape rather than need trimming to shape.

Cheers

jo

Y33TREKker
04/12/2015, 05:51 AM
Yes Jo, I was aware these plates were sold "As-is". It's not like I was asking for a refund in my post/thread.

But building on Jo's comments, along with any overall modifications/trimming for making these fiberglass plates fit, did anyone find it necessary to remove the front bumper cover to make use of it's non-mounted flexibility to initially get the front plate into place?

Still deciding on whether to modify the front and rear fiberglass plates I purchased more, or simply sell them to someone else looking for that sort of project.

This set had some internal cracks that I've already had repaired by a local body shop, so they're ready to be primed and finished. It's simply the relative ease of fitment that's going to be guesswork at this point.

For now though, the question above (in bold) is what I'd appreciate further feedback on.

JoFotoz
04/12/2015, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure how you arrive at the "refund" part of your reply!!??

I was in no way suggesting you were.. !!

I was simply confirming..given you purchased the plates from a 3rd party..
...not from me..
...that you were aware of the "as is" from mold parameters.

And that fitting and finishing was required.

As for the "internal cracks".. they certainly were not sent out with defects..
..and if they arrived at the initial buyer with said defects I would of course have rectified the situation.

Jo

tpunk
04/12/2015, 06:22 PM
I'm guessing these aren't being sold anymore either right?

JoFotoz
04/12/2015, 07:29 PM
The F/glass batch I made all sold out...

It looks like Rudy is going to produce the ABS ones again ..
..with updated hitch cut out, and matching side plates :clap:

The originals he did were VERY good... just like OEM ..
...and I'm sure the next ones he does will be just as good :thumbup:

Go here :-

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=26446

Cheers

Jo

Y33TREKker
04/13/2015, 03:56 AM
I'm not sure how you arrive at the "refund" part of your reply!!??

I was in no way suggesting you were.. !!

I was simply confirming..given you purchased the plates from a 3rd party..
...not from me..
...that you were aware of the "as is" from mold parameters.

And that fitting and finishing was required.

As for the "internal cracks".. they certainly were not sent out with defects..
..and if they arrived at the initial buyer with said defects I would of course have rectified the situation.

Jo
And as I said, I was already aware the plates were sold "as-is", which made me have to question why you felt the need to bring it up again.

BigSwede
04/13/2015, 07:00 AM
You guys are funny.

VXobsession
04/13/2015, 11:23 AM
They just need to get a room....this tension between them isn't new.

vxfocus
04/13/2015, 11:44 AM
i was the other guy that had fitment issues
i had my front bumper off when i was trying to fit mine on and still couldnt get it close..

bartmanS4
04/13/2015, 11:49 AM
As a forum member and frequent participator I find it curious that one particular member is the catalyst for friction here. There have been very few pissing match threads since I joined but the ones that have popped up all seem to include this one member.

Perhaps launching a thread titled "Fitment issues with fiberglass skid plates?" as opposed to "For anyone who purchased Jo's skid plates." could go a long way towards not causing strife or defensive replies. My guess however is that this reply will fall on closed ears/mind.

Peace

JoFotoz
04/13/2015, 11:57 AM
Hi VXfocus

Yup..we traded a few mails on the issue you were having..
..and I asked you to send it back to me so I could check/fix the issue.

i was the other guy that had fitment issues
i had my front bumper off when i was trying to fit mine on and still couldnt get it close..

I never heard back from you....

Jo

JoFotoz
04/13/2015, 12:08 PM
PLEASE..dont get offended...BUT, I'm not psychic Trekker... :p

And as I said, I was already aware the plates were sold "as-is", which made me have to question why you felt the need to bring it up again.

Your INITIAL post ( the one I replied to... ! ) made NO mention that you were aware of the "as is" from mold stipulation,
and that they required fitting and finishing....and given you purchased them from a 3rd party...I elaborated.

How about we solve the issue..rather than have this devolve into another bicker fest .

You have a PM from me in reply to yours..

jo

Y33TREKker
04/13/2015, 05:21 PM
As a forum member and frequent participator I find it curious that one particular member is the catalyst for friction here. There have been very few pissing match threads since I joined but the ones that have popped up all seem to include this one member.
Perhaps if you were aware all of the times I've made comments on this board only to be piled upon with nitpicky, snarky, pissing-contest-starting comments from a few of our usual suspects, you wouldn't find it curious at all. But then, if you're predisposed to blame a certain person, you might make comments such as the one you just made.

Perhaps launching a thread titled "Fitment issues with fiberglass skid plates?" as opposed to "For anyone who purchased Jo's skid plates." could go a long way towards not causing strife or defensive replies. My guess however is that this reply will fall on closed ears/mind.

Peace
I personally don't subscribe to clever double-talk as a rule, so why not just get straight to the point? For those that do though, my responses usually HAVE fallen on closed ears/minds.

That said, since you obviously have nothing constructive to add to this thread by way of actual modifications you're aware of that have been necessary to arrive at proper fitment of these plates, kindly STFU and refrain from posting in my thread.

Y33TREKker
04/13/2015, 05:39 PM
PLEASE..dont get offended...BUT, I'm not psychic Trekker... :p
I suppose this is your idea of not making things any worse?

Your INITIAL post ( the one I replied to... ! ) made NO mention that you were aware of the "as is" from mold stipulation,
and that they required fitting and finishing....and given you purchased them from a 3rd party...I elaborated.

How about we solve the issue..rather than have this devolve into another bicker fest .

You have a PM from me in reply to yours..

jo
Was your PM, and this latest comment, where you basically implied in both that I was trying to start another bicker fest really supposed to have helped solve the issue Jo?

Has it not occurred to you that you really did nothing in this thread initially but get defensive and feel the need to add your disclaimer?

If you actually have information to add regarding first hand experience that can be utilized for achieving proper fitment, then by all means chime in. If not, please refrain from posting in my thread.

Y33TREKker
04/13/2015, 05:44 PM
I have a set that will soon be available. ;)

As Jo has said, final fit and trimming may be necessary depending on your specific VX since front bumper covers seem to vary (the fitment of these specific plates to my specific VX simply isn't close enough for my personal preference), but these have no current issues and are now ready to be primed and painted.

I will be out of town later this week, so if you're interested, the earliest I'd be able to ship would be next week.

If interested, just shoot me a PM.

JoFotoz
04/13/2015, 07:01 PM
My pleasure...

please refrain from posting in my thread.

Given the tone and content of PM you sent, please consider this Over & Out

Jo

LittleBeast
04/14/2015, 08:51 AM

nfpgasmask
04/15/2015, 01:11 PM
And back to PlanetIsuzoo for me....

:_beer:

Bart

Y33TREKker
04/20/2015, 12:57 PM
My pleasure...

Given the tone and content of PM you sent, please consider this Over & Out

Jo
To say nothing of the tone and content of the PM YOU sent Jo.

Nice of you to once again try to publicly make me appear unreasonable while trying to make yourself appear totally innocent of any instaigation though. :rollo:

The thing is, I remember long ago suggesting that some of you familiarize yourselves with the term self-fulfilling prophecy, but it seems obvious some of you never did. Some of you accuse me of being the sole cause of threads I participate in going awry, but at the same time you overlook the instigating remarks you yourselves (VXObsession, Bartman, and "others" as examples in this thread) make to try to take the thread in that direction and then absolve yourselves of any responsibility for those threads going awry.

Again. :rollo:

tom4bren
04/21/2015, 01:26 PM
Some of you accuse me of being the sole cause of threads I participate in going awry, but at the same time you overlook the instigating remarks you yourselves (VXObsession, Bartman, and "others" as examples in this thread) make to try to take the thread in that direction and then absolve yourselves of any responsibility for those threads going awry.

Again. :rollo:

I am unable to process that information.

VXorado
04/22/2015, 06:37 AM
Thay m?*n hình, m?t k?*nh Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Note 3, Note 4 (http://samsungviet.vn/threads/can-thay-man-hinh-mat-kinh-cam-ung-samsung-galaxy-note-2-3-4-chinh-hang-gia-tot-nhat-o-dau-tai-tphcm.3435/)

B?nh vi?n ?i?n tho?i 24h có thay, s??*a ch?a m?*n hình m?t k?*nh Samsung Note 4, Note 3, Note 2 ch?t l??ng ch?*nh hãng, v?i ??i ng? ky thu??*t c?p b??*c 4/4 l?*nh ngh? s? t??*n tình s??*a ch?a, thay m?*n hình m?t k?*nh cho khách h?*ng v?* nhân viên t? v?n h? tr?, giúp ?? s? ?áp ?ng ???c m?i yêu c?u v?* thác m?c c?a khách h?*ng.
http://thaymanhinh.net.vn/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/cua-hang-sua-chua-iphone-uy-tin-tai-tphcm5.jpg

Thay m?*n hình, m?t k?*nh Note 2,Note 3, Note 4 ch?*nh hãng ? ?âu uy t?*n ch?t l??ng t?i TPHCM v?* các khu v?c khác ?
Hi?u ???c mong mu?n c?a khách h?*ng l?* hi?n nay v?i tình tr?ng thay m?*n hình, m?t k?*nh Note 4, Note 3, Note 2 ch?*nh hãng b? "l?*m giá". B?nh Vi?n ?i?n Tho?i 24h v?i uy t?*n 10 n?m trong l?nh v?c s??*a ch?a ?i?n tho?i v?* 24h c?ng l?* ??i tác u? quy?n c?a Samsung nên vi?c nh??*p linh ki?n, m?*n hình, m?t k?*nh Note 4, Note 3, Note 2 ho?*n to?*n l?* h?*ng ch?*nh hãng.

B?n có th? tìm hi?u v?* tham kh?o ??a ch? B?nh Vi?n ?i?n Tho?i 24h v?* có th? ??n ngay trung tâm 24h ?? ???c nhân viên t? v?n h? tr? ho?*n to?*n mi?n ph?*, cùng v?i ?ó l?* d?ch v? thay m?*n hình, m?t k?*nh tr?c ti?p trý?c m?t khách h?*ng, ?áp ?ng h? tr? nhanh v?* t?t nh?t vì ?a s? ??u l?* các viên ch?c k? thu??*t b??*c cao tr?c ti?p ??m ???ng thay th? m?*n hình v?* linh ki?n cho khách h?*ng.

B?NH VI?N ?I?N THO??*I 24H
??a ch?: 1114 - 1112 Ba Tháng Hai, Ph??ng 12, Qu??*n 11, TP.HCM
T?ng ??*i ?i?n tho?i: 1900.5555.34
Hot-line: 01639.242424 - 01288.242424
Email: contact@chamsocdidong.com
Fanpage: facebook.com/chamsocdidongcom

+1 ...thanks Dong, excellent point.

LittleBeast
04/22/2015, 09:45 AM
B?n có th? tìm hi?u v?* tham kh?o ??a ch? B?nh Vi?n ?i?n Tho?i 24h v?* có th? ??n ngay trung tâm 24h ?? ???c nhân viên t? v?n h? tr? ho?*n to?*n mi?n ph?*, cùng v?i ?ó l?* d?ch v? thay m?*n hình, m?t k?*nh tr?c ti?p trý?c m?t khách h?*ng, ?áp ?ng h? tr? nhanh v?* t?t nh?t vì ?a s? ??u l?* các viên ch?c k? thu??*t b??*c cao tr?c ti?p ??m ???ng thay th? m?*n hình v?* linh ki?n cho khách h?*ng.

B?NH VI?N ?I?N THO??*I 24H
??a ch?: 1114 - 1112 Ba Tháng Hai, Ph??ng 12, Qu??*n 11, TP.HCM
T?ng ??*i ?i?n tho?i: 1900.5555.34
Hot-line: 01639.242424 - 01288.242424
Email: contact@chamsocdidong.com
Fanpage: facebook.com/chamsocdidongcom

This post has more useful information then all of Trekkie's posts combined.

Helpful advice for Trekkie: If your fabrication, and modification skills are anything like your people skills, I would suggest never buying something that requires any type of fitment modification..... If you need me to translate that into plain English for you, in case you were not aware you are by far the most disliked person on this forum. And the sad thing is that it doesn't seem like you really have to try, you are just being yourself.

Ldub
04/23/2015, 05:40 AM
+1 ...thanks Dong, excellent point.

https://youtu.be/9m623RDxgMA

ZEUS
04/24/2015, 12:23 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/332.jpg

Y33TREKker
04/25/2015, 11:17 AM
I am unable to process that information.
No surprise.

Y33TREKker
04/25/2015, 11:18 AM
This post has more useful information then all of Trekkie's posts combined.

Helpful advice for Trekkie: If your fabrication, and modification skills are anything like your people skills, I would suggest never buying something that requires any type of fitment modification..... If you need me to translate that into plain English for you, in case you were not aware you are by far the most disliked person on this forum. And the sad thing is that it doesn't seem like you really have to try, you are just being yourself.
No surprise from you either that you would be one of the members here absolving yourself of any responsibility for the responses you've received from me. :winky:

Y33TREKker
04/25/2015, 11:20 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/332.jpg
Promises, promises...

One which you've failed repeatedly to keep over the years I might add.

But thank you just the same. Much appreciated. :winky:

LittleBeast
04/26/2015, 10:25 PM
Promises, promises...

One which you've failed repeatedly to keep over the years I might add.

But thank you just the same. Much appreciated. :winky:

Zeus is merely trying to help any new people that might not know how useless it is to interact with you. He still cannot see what you type. You are also the only person I have ever put on the ignore list, but luckily for everyone here you don't post here very much, but when you do, you certainly do a great job of pissing everyone off. You realize you are the only member like this right? I am sure other forums have plenty of people like you but I am glad we just have you and your wingman VXR to deal with here.

tom4bren
04/27/2015, 05:06 AM
No surprise.

I have no response to that.

Y33TREKker
04/27/2015, 06:24 AM
Zeus is merely trying to help any new people that might not know how useless it is to interact with you. He still cannot see what you type. You are also the only person I have ever put on the ignore list, but luckily for everyone here you don't post here very much, but when you do, you certainly do a great job of pissing everyone off. You realize you are the only member like this right? I am sure other forums have plenty of people like you but I am glad we just have you and your wingman VXR to deal with here.
Again, if you don't have anything constructive to add to my thread regarding these skid plates, please try to control your bladder and not come into my thread trying to start a pissing contest...which you'll no doubt try to play innocent once again that it might just be YOU who is doing the instigating here.

Y33TREKker
04/27/2015, 06:25 AM
I have no response to that.
Thank you. Now if only Littlebeast could grasp that concept too. :winky:

tom4bren
04/27/2015, 07:08 AM
... that it might just be YOU who is doing the instigating here.

Nope. Twas me. My sarcasm was lost in the reading however (stoopid warped sense of humor!!!).:)

LittleBeast
04/27/2015, 10:24 AM
Thank you. Now if only Littlebeast could grasp that concept too. :winky:

Nope, people need to know what type of member you are here. Many of us know this thread was started by you to complain about a product that was clearly intended to require modification for installation. It is clear you are not capable of installing this item yourself, and it is also clear that the one person that was interested in helping you through PM's was not what you were looking for. Stop complaining. Stop causing so much drama. There is a reason YOU, yes YOU are so widely disliked here. This group for the most part functions like a healthy family, helping each other, and sacrificing for the greater good of the group, but you do not seem to get it or even try to get it. It is obvious you will never get a clue, nor ever admit to any wrongs, so once again I must add you to my ignore list that includes YOU and only YOU, because YOU are not worth any more time. This group that so many members are so happy to pay to support is worth it. Goodbye Trekkie the drama queen.

Y33TREKker
04/29/2015, 06:45 AM
Nope, people need to know what type of member you are here. Many of us know this thread was started by you to complain about a product that was clearly intended to require modification for installation.
I can't help what some of you misunderstand (which happens here a lot), so stop YOUR complaining and trying to blame me for that.

And as I've said before, while there are a few of you here that I've obviously pissed off in the past by calling you out on your BS, your opinions of me are not the only opinions that there are. In that regard, I've received many PM's in the past who feel that YOU and some of the people you've defended are the members who create the bad environment here...but as you've already proven once again in this thread, getting to the point of some of YOU actually acknowledging/admitting that has still not happened.

It is clear you are not capable of installing this item yourself,
Yet another misunderstanding on your part.

and it is also clear that the one person that was interested in helping you through PM's was not what you were looking for.
While I'm sure the person you're referring to portrayed himself in private in the way you've described, what you choose to believe, and how some of the comments he made differ from what you've chosen to believe are two separate things.

Stop complaining. Stop causing so much drama.
Says the person who is STILL in my thread complaining and causing drama while STILL not having provided anything relevant to the thread topic.

There is a reason YOU, yes YOU are so widely disliked here.
Based on the members who always show up in threads I've participated in making comments like the ones you've just been making, surely even you must understand that I take that as a compliment. You say widely (which is not surprising given the high opinions some of you obviously have of yourselves), when in actuality it's just a certain group of a like mind.

This group for the most part functions like a healthy family, helping each other, and sacrificing for the greater good of the group, but you do not seem to get it or even try to get it. It is obvious you will never get a clue, nor ever admit to any wrongs, so once again I must add you to my ignore list that includes YOU and only YOU, because YOU are not worth any more time. This group that so many members are so happy to pay to support is worth it. Goodbye Trekkie the drama queen.
Again, promises, promises (that you've once again proven you can't keep). What's obvious is that you still don't get how the noble visions some of you have of yourselves is so blatantly contradicted by the way some of you go out of your way to hijack threads I've participated in just to make the comments that you do...like you've just done once again...just because some of you don't like that I've called you out in the past.

Not surprising either that despite all your noble self-proclamations, in the end you once again also made it a matter of money.

Now kindly keep your promise, STFU, and stay out of my thread if you're going to CONTINUE to NOT have anything constructive to add regarding these fiberglass skid plates.

Y33TREKker
04/29/2015, 06:48 AM
Nope. Twas me. My sarcasm was lost in the reading however (stoopid warped sense of humor!!!).:)
Good of you to admit it. Incidentally though, your humor was not lost on me, I simply wasn't responding to you at the time.

tom4bren
04/29/2015, 10:18 AM
Good of you to admit it. Incidentally though, your humor was not lost on me, I simply wasn't responding to you at the time.

It's what I do.

VXR
05/04/2015, 10:09 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/bore.jpg

Scott Larson
05/22/2015, 10:23 PM
Damn, am I glad I missed this one...Been kinda busy, thank God!!! Nice to see some things never change...I've really missed you guys; well, most of you at least.:_beer:

CatFish
05/23/2015, 12:16 AM
Me too.

Y33TREKker
05/24/2015, 05:59 AM
:rolly:

Two more examples of those with nothing relevant to add to the thread except their own personal instigating $0.02.

Where is VXKAT to give a person $#!+ for re-upping a thread that's not been commented on for awhile when you need her? :p