PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure and Voltage Monitoring

cr0sh
05/24/2015, 04:45 PM
I was reading here what one owner did to put in gauges to monitor oil pressure:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18071

Sadly, he doesn't seem to be around any longer (no recent post activity, and his sig seems to indicate that he doesn't own a VX any longer) - so I can't ask him. That said...

He tapped into something on his engine (where the current pressure sensor is?) to "T" off to hook in a secondary sender for his gauge. What I am wondering or trying to understand is:

1) Do you need to remove and drill/tap this part to fit the sender?

2) Do you need to drain the oil before installing the new sender (or pulling the part to mod it for the new sender)?

I also want a voltage gauge. I'm not sure how to wire something like that in, but I haven't researched it. But for both, my idea is to get these parts in place, then wire them to something like a car computer or such to get the info.

Or - if I am lucky - maybe both values will be a part of Torque and I can just add the gauges there and not worry about the hassle. But in case they aren't...well, I'm hoping for some advice.

:D

mattferguson14
05/25/2015, 03:05 PM
They make an oil pressure adapter kit that goes on with the oil filter. There is a thread on here about it. It's cheap and easy to install, or so I've heard. Keep using the search feature and you'll find the thread with links to the part.

rowhard
05/26/2015, 08:49 AM
read my thread 'can I get a gauge part 2'. working well so far. they can be hard to read sometimes in the sun but otherwise there good.

tom4bren
05/26/2015, 09:00 AM
Voltage is available on Torque but I'm not sure about oil pressure (I'm still running the free version so it may be on the bought version).