PDA

View Full Version : odometer "rollback calculation" ?

louweed
07/31/2015, 06:53 PM
Was looking for a VX online and came across one that had an AUTOCHECK report that notes the vehicle had a "rollback calculation". Does anyone know what this means? (click on ebay link below and in the listing click on Vehicle History Report.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isuzu-VehiCROSS-Base-Sport-Utility-2-Door-/321815393283#full-history

VX KAT
08/01/2015, 04:12 PM
I saw that too, and wrote seller and asked if he could explain that, and also asked if he'd replaced the engine (that's one way that "might" have happened). He said he was busy and would ansser my several questions later, then sent 2nd email with smart arse comments such as ""Really, you think I would not mention that". That mileage issue was very glaring and I was really ticked with his response on it. He should have volunteered what he knew about that mileage entry. Although it doesn't appear to be "flagged" by AutoCheck as a true mileage discrepancy, as I've seen them before, and they're in red letters and very prominent. Which further baffled me on this one!

I also asked if he'd removed the big ISUZU badge on rear door or prior owner...and he also was a smart arse on that too....see below.

thanks so much for your interest..P.S. an engine change...really ? you think i would not mention that...and who took that cheeseie logo off the back...why would you care?

Why do I care???....., cuz I wanted to know if there may be a shadow on the paint where the letters were that I couldn't see in the pics. Depending on how long they'd been on, the yellow paint easily could have faded. Seen a lot of Protons with faded paint, for some reason.

I was very disappointed in the attitude I got, and smart arse responses, so I dropped any interest in it. Guess he wanted to piss off his potential customer...that's always such a good idea.