PDA

View Full Version : Seat Swap

ahdoman
08/08/2015, 08:45 AM
I'm doing the seat swap (drivers to passenger and vice-versa) and I've looked through the posts on here but it's not clear if I swap just the sliders or the whole frame? Anybody know?

Also - I want to confirm that there are two different TOD mods; one makes it full time 4wd (locks the clutches), the other completely disengages the front transfer case lock system. Correct?

Jclarkwins
08/14/2015, 09:33 PM
The bases need to stay on their respective sides of the truck. If not you will have a lean if you just swap seats without changing the bases. Ask me how I know this lol. I pulled each seat out laid them on sawhorses next to each other upside down and swapped hardware from one to the other.

MSHardeman
08/15/2015, 09:16 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that you will lose the tilt/slide function on the passenger side when you swap the seats. There is a little tab on the tilt mechanism of the passenger seat the connects to the wire that triggers the slide function when you tilt the passenger seat forward. That little tab doesn't exist on the drivers seat (at least it wasn't there on mine when I swapped my seats). You can still tilt the seat and then use the slide to slide it forward once they are swapped. I really don't miss the tilt/slide function because I rarely need to access my back seat.