PDA

View Full Version : weird alarm sound at cold

iownvx
12/11/2003, 05:15 PM
Hi,

Does anyone else have this problem? At cold temperture (like if I dont' drive my vx for 2 days) the alamrt sounds weird (a low pitch beebee tone instead of high pitch beebee) but once warm up alarm sounds normal.

-x-
12/11/2003, 05:27 PM
yea its funny when you deactivate tha alarm in tha morn i get one high then one low BEEEP BUURRRRP ;Db; ....X

AnalogVX
12/11/2003, 07:23 PM
I get a two toned beep once in a while too. Kinda like a doorbell. It doesn't happen often enough to worry me and the alarm, remote locks and panic function works fine so I just disregard it.

VX_PA
12/11/2003, 08:01 PM
My alarm won't make a sound at all. I've tried the key in the ignition thing several times as the manual describes, but I can't get a tone when locking/setting the alarm or unlocking/unsetting. Anyone have any idea why or what I may be doing wrong. I asked the dealership but they didn't even understand what I was talking about. The only way I can tell if my VX locks is to watch the lights blink.

Tone
12/11/2003, 08:12 PM
Alarm piezo is located beneath the brake vacuum area and could be dimaged, dirty or removed. Cold temps could also affect it’s sound if it is there.