PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Fluid

VXDAD
04/26/2016, 05:17 PM
I changed my transmission fluid but I can only get 4 quarts of fluid to go in the fill hole. I know it needs a lot more because more came out when I drained it. Also it slips and shifts hard now when I test it. I have tried three different days to put more fluid in it while in park idling . It just keeps spitting it out. I even tried putting the hose deeper in the pan but it still spit it out. What a head ache! Im not sure what to do. Does anyone know another way to put more fluid in it? Thanks for any help someone can give me. Ray. :confused:

JoFotoz
04/26/2016, 07:33 PM
Yea..filling the tranny is a bit of a pain !

It also requires some specific "steps' to get it right.

Have a look at post #8 here:- http://www.vehicross.info/showthread.php/25864-Checking-Trans-fluid?highlight=Fluid

It lays out all the required steps.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Jo

VXDAD
04/27/2016, 07:12 PM
Hi JoFotoz. I clicked on the thread you referred me to. I did the same procedure that Ldub posted 3 times, everytime it spits it back out. Three different days. ahdoman stated he checked it while in neutral idling. I read another thread where they filled it with engine off then checked it when idling in park. Now its making a little whining sound when I let off the gas like its not getting enough fluid. I use this car as a family car and work car, so its driven everyday sometimes pulling a trailer with material in it. I'd hate to burn this transmission up. Anything else you could think of that I could do? It seems someone needs to modify a tube from the engine compartment to the tranny with a dip stick to check it and fill it correctly everytime.

Ray.

Y33TREKker
04/30/2016, 07:18 AM
When going through the gears with your foot on the brake before checking the fluid level, how long have you been leaving it in each gear?

blacksambo
05/08/2016, 09:05 AM
My repair guy has a little pump for filling our type tranny. It works perfectly. You can buy one from a repair shop supply company that sells special tools.