PDA

View Full Version : How do you clear your windshield when it rains????

SPAZZ
12/15/2003, 08:25 AM
Please be gentle on me as I am new to this site. But, I was just wondering as my windshield is extremely dirty and it is a pain while driving in the rain or snow to pull over on the side of the road and clean the windshield every two minutes.
Tone, Scott, anyone......Your help will be greatly appreciated

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Triathlete
12/15/2003, 08:38 AM
Welcome newbee!;eeky; ;Dy; Just remove (or break) your windshield!:smack: This should perminently cure your problem:thumbup: When offroading you can stretch some "chicken wire" across the opening to prevent rock damage to your forehead!http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/images/graemlins/shiner.gif http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/images/graemlins/butwiggle.gif

SPAZZ
12/15/2003, 08:43 AM
I would but...I already lowered my comprehensive deductible to $100 but my insurance is getting really pissed for all the replacement windshields. They are threatening to raise my premium.

Isn't there an easier and cheeper method???

Mr. I-MAN
12/15/2003, 09:11 AM
"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" DEVIL DOG! JUST POP ON SOME GOGGLES ON YOUR GRAPE AND HANG IT OU THE FREAKIN SIDE WINDOW!

Anita
12/15/2003, 09:23 AM
590 posts and you call yourself a noobie????? James, lay off the heavy hallucinogens.;eekr; ;eekr; ;eekr; ;eekr;

Triathlete
12/15/2003, 09:23 AM
It actually won't cost a dime unless you break your hammer! I didn't say "replace" it!;Dy;

VX_PA
12/15/2003, 10:03 AM
DOOD, it like sounds like your wipers are like broke MAN. I second the windsheild thang, but get your motorcycle helmet out then when it like rains or mud comes slinging in on your face sheild, just like take your arm man and wipe dat shizz off. Or get some like totally hot fem to like co-pilet and then like have her wipe ya down. Oh wait, dat might like excite ya and like make matters worse! Peace out Guy!!

Moncha
12/15/2003, 12:02 PM
I'm a thinking that James left his computer on and someone else is yanking our chain.. ;Dy;

VX_PA
12/15/2003, 12:27 PM
And I thought that this was just a big joke, so I just played along.

Where's the sucker smiley??:rolleyes:

Dallas4u
12/15/2003, 12:30 PM
Possibly someone else as James seems to know it all!! (kidding).

He is, though, notorious for throwing in a large amount of smiling avatars in and at the end of his postings... so you never know!

nyc #1 ironman
12/15/2003, 01:06 PM
Your the best Spazzyboy, you keep the board alive !!!

SGT.BATGUANO
12/15/2003, 04:38 PM
Go find a gas station with long handled squeegee's and pilfer one!:p

Or,

When the front gets too dirty start driving in reverse!:eek:

Anita
12/15/2003, 04:42 PM
Start crossing a stream, tip her over (you know how to do that), wash her down and roll her back over again. Should come as second nature by now... :bwgr:

:jump: :smack:

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/15/2003, 05:47 PM
Ouch....darn can the truth hurt! Especially when delivered by Anita!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nocturnalVX
12/15/2003, 09:57 PM
YIKES Anita! Too funny!
:fyi: Now, to answer your question... get Swordy to tie in an on-board air compressor to your washer fluid reservoir, set that sucker to it's max p.s.i., and you're good to go! :luck:

Green Dragon
12/16/2003, 07:48 AM
Holy Smoke! You actually drive in the Rain & Snow. I have been working up the courage to do that for 3 years but have not as of this date been able to accomplish that feat. Hopefully, after I am able to conquer this schisim I will try off roading.

Dragon Bob;Db;

Wulfgott
12/24/2003, 12:21 AM
Just my 2 cents,

I got a climbing harness for my wife, and then jury rigged a pully system from the front roof rack to the rear and ran it to a front winch with a remote switch. Too much gunk on the window and I hit the button, the winch pulls her forward and up over the top of the car and then she can lean over the front of the roof and clean it for me while on the road. After that, hit the revers and she is pulled back to the rear of the vehicle preventing the air stream from being disrupted any further. =)

Mwhahaha

OZ VX
10/04/2004, 09:15 PM
Funny ideas, Bummer if your wife falls off, you wont be able to clean your windscreen.

I have never driven in snow, but I use a product that comes in a little yellow bottle called RainX that repells water, you can drive in the rain without using your wipers if you want to. If you cant find that particular product there should be something similar available.