PDA

View Full Version : Delays ... endless delays ...

Thelgord
11/03/2017, 07:03 PM
I got my VX at the end of June, and so far I love it. However, (pause for effect), this thing is driving me crazy. I have put on around 800 miles since I purchased it, and honestly, about half of that has been test drives after repairs. 100 miles a month of actual use isn’t a lot. I would love to get even a solid week of it running without issues. Now at 168,000 miles, I am starting to wonder if that is even possible.

I had it working for about three days, and was looking forward to taking it off-road for the first time this weekend. Alas, that is not possible. Every time I think I am making some headway in repairs/maintenance, Vixen bites me. Right in the expectations too.

I now have a squeal from the serpentine belt that have yet to track down. By the time I track down all of the issues, I will probably have a new engine LOL! Oh the joys of owning a “classic”.

I know that financially I will (and already have) put more money into this vehicle that I will ever get out of it should I decide to sell it. However, money isn’t the issue really. It is important, but not the issue. My goal was to it having running by now, even with other issues (windows are still vexing me), I expected to at least have the drive train some what dependable by now. Sadly this is not the case. It is frustrating.

I have no idea why, but I will keep going with my build. I think it is more of a restoration at this point.

Just needed to rant for a bit. ;)

ipd
11/05/2017, 04:39 PM
With any older vehicle, you can run the risk of a previous owner abusing the stuffing out of it and undiagnosed problems. It's also something that tends to happen when you see vehicles on the "Cheap" end of the sales price spectrum. For example, when you see a z06 that's selling for 5-10 grand less than any other--there's probably a reason for that.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. My Mitsubishi was the same way; do the maintenance religiously, and it will be dead reliable. Neglect it, and it will haunt you.

blacksambo
11/05/2017, 05:44 PM
It's a great vehicle. Take it back to stock....

and enjoy. Don't worry, I've owned three and they are awesome.

Thelgord
11/05/2017, 06:30 PM
I fully love my VX, I really do. I fully plan to make this the vehicle it can be, I havn’t given up.