PDA

View Full Version : Squeeking center console

Eckstream
12/22/2003, 12:29 PM
Just recently my vx has been squeeking when I have the heater on bi-level and my wheel is turned slightly to the right. I tried to get it to do this without the heater but it seems it is somehow linked to the heater. If someone has had an experience like this please let me know.... Any good tips on this?

Raque Thomas
12/22/2003, 01:05 PM
Wear a heavier coat :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

StormTROOPER
12/22/2003, 01:22 PM
As I recently posted on another thread, I had an annoying squeeking that I couldn't figure out until I heard the squeek when I shut the door (with the engine off) so I knew it wasn't mechanical. I finally tracked it down to SIMPLY the hood latch hook rubbing the latch bar, all it took was a little dab of grease on the hook & bar to silence it. This may not be your problem but others might experience this so I thought it was worth another post. Good luck I know how annoying it is to have a newer car squeeking like an old one.

joe-yamma
12/22/2003, 01:38 PM
I found this awhile back.. maybe it will help?

http://www.303products.com/techinfo/automotive/dash_squeaks.htm

I started using 303 protectant on my Jeep softtop and then ended up using it on everything from the soft top, plastic windows, fender flares, weather seals and interior.

Joe