PDA

View Full Version : VX to the rescue twice now

Eckstream
12/23/2003, 01:22 AM
Ive had my vx for about 3 mos now and already Ive had to pull 2 other trucks out of trouble. First a Jeep Cherokee that got stuck on a fav back trail hangin over into a creek then a Lexus 300 in a silt basin sank to the chassis.... It seems that out of all my friends I have the best overall. I would like a better tire for silt tho... does anyone out there have Nitto Terra Grapplers? Good for soft loose silt? Or any better tires out there? Please let me know what you think.... Anyone have any similar stories?

AlaskaVX
12/23/2003, 10:31 AM
I have the Mickey Thompson Baja Belted tires and they did awesome in the silt, but as for clearing out mud they didn't do the greatest and on the road they make my steering wheel shake at 45-50mph.. wouldn't really reccomend them unless you do a lot of driving in sand and silt.

Spike
12/24/2003, 12:19 PM
Reading PA?

Where do you find silt there?

Eckstream
12/24/2003, 04:39 PM
There are a couple of places up towards hamburg at the kerney dam.... And one where I think its top soil but its the same type of loose stuff off a back road near my house. I never would have known it was back there if my friend hadnt gotten stuck back there. There is also a good muddin spot off of 422 behind the Exeter Bible Church if you know where that is. Let me know if youre ever in my area.

Spike
12/25/2003, 06:00 AM
I don't know the area THAT well...
I live about an hour south east of there.

But have you ever been to the Tiki Bar in Earlville?
It's that 'cook it yourself' restaraunt with the very powerful Hurricaines...

Could be a good place for a mini-meet once warm weather hits.

Eckstream
12/25/2003, 09:05 AM
Yeah been ther a couple of times..... Try their oatmeal cookies(an actual drink) Taste jusl like a cookie... Just let me know when and where and Ill be there.