PDA

View Full Version : Will an Isuzu Rodeo work as a parts car

Ang
08/26/2020, 09:11 AM
After years of having my VX stored in my garage with problems that I didn’t have the time or money to fix, I finally am getting to them. I have the opportunity to grab a 1999 Rodeo that runs and drives with a bad frame for $500. Just don’t know if the parts will work with the VX, or which ones would. I know I need an engine wiring harness and I’m sure I’ll figure out that I need some more parts. Will the rodeo parts be compatible? If so, which parts?

My rig is a 2000 VX

Mile High VX
08/28/2020, 07:23 PM
More parts in common with the Trooper than with the Rodeo. Hit the Facebook group and see what wisdom they can share. Much more active than this forum.

Ang
08/29/2020, 03:00 PM
Thank you. Much appreciated!

CatFish
09/14/2020, 07:42 PM
It depends on what parts you need but most mechanical stuff is the same as the 1998-2000 Trooper

robertcladner50
09/29/2020, 06:13 AM
After years of having my VX stored in my garage with problems that I didn’t have the time or money to fix, I finally am getting to them. I have the opportunity to grab a 1999 Rodeo that runs and drives with a bad frame for $500. Just don’t know if the parts will work with the VX, or which ones would. I know I need an engine wiring harness and I’m sure I’ll figure out that I need some more parts. Will the rodeo parts be compatible? If so, which parts?

My rig is a 2000 VX

It was the most dependable vehicle I've ever driven. It handled snow and ice very well, was a great car for both city driving and long trips. It rode like a truck a lot of the times, but was still comfortable in most situation. I would say it was a great truck.