PDA

View Full Version : Checking in after a long time

VXcaver
12/14/2020, 10:17 AM
Hi all- Just wanted to check in and say hello, see if anyone from the early days of the forum are still here. I hope everyone is well. My Vehicross is stuck in my driveway since the local packrat community decided to make a meal of my wiring harness. Going to begin the repairs some time this winter while its cool in Tucson. Anyway, if you remember me or not, please say Hi. I still love my VX!

Mile High VX
12/17/2020, 06:52 PM
Hey VXcaver...I've been around since 2008. Not much action over here anymore. Most have moved over to the Facebook group and many have sold and moved on.

mdwyer
12/19/2020, 05:20 PM
I've still got the VX, but it's spent the last 7 years out in the Pacific NW weather. Like everything else around here, it's slowly turning green with moss growth. Despite that, it still turns heads, and I still love it for that.

I'm one of those Facebook refusniks, and hadn't logged in here for YEARS.

But while looking around for info on CV boots, I checked back in.

Hi!

Mile High VX
12/19/2020, 06:11 PM
Hey Mark...good to see you around.

Headed back to CO anytime...ever?

I'm going back in a year or two I hope.

Cobrajet
12/20/2020, 05:35 AM
Of course I remember you, VXCaver. There are only a handful of members active here.

I still check this forum, even though I traded my VX in for a Taurus SHO back in 2015. Still regret that decision, but my back thanks me.

I've sold/given away all of my spare parts, except the factory cat back that I replaced with the Power Vault II in July 2002.

I monitor here, and the Facebook group, in case someone decides to restore their VX and wants an original exhaust.

Good luck with your wiring nightmare.

VXcaver
12/21/2020, 06:33 AM
Nice, good to see a few familiar names! I figured things would be quiet here. My poor VX has seen better days, the repairs are going to be time consuming. I live in the rural desert west of Tucson and packrats are an unfortunate part of the environment. I don't use Facebook so I'll never see the Facebook group. I guess that makes me a Facebook refusnik too

I just bought a 2021 Crosstrek Sport to get off-road, and it's not as gutsy as the Vehicross, but its still hella fun to take into the back country. BTW, if anyone reading this does have a wiring harness for sale, let me know ;-)

Cobrajet
12/24/2020, 03:41 AM
"Hit up Dan Danslister on the VehiCROSS Facebook page. Or PM him from the forum at Lizardmen3477." -- Mile High VX posted this response to a part request back in 2018, but do not know if Dan is active here these days.

VXcaver
12/24/2020, 08:30 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot