PDA

View Full Version : Cladding Question

tomdietrying
12/23/2003, 08:42 PM
In the near future, I'm going to replace the front cladding (bumper) and put on Tone's trailer hitch. That means removing the rear cladding too. The question I want to know is what type of bit do I use to take the cladding off. Does anyone know what size it is also.

Thanks,Peace, and Happy Holidays.

SPAZZ
12/24/2003, 12:32 AM
just go buy a bit that matches the star shape on end of cladding screws....not hard.....you ever play the shape game in elementary school???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/24/2003, 12:57 AM
Jolly Roger VX'er<-------Master @ fitting square pegs into round holes! :smack: Remember...if it doesn't fit you must acquit!

P.S.---I bought one at Advance Auto Parts...it comes in a pack of two. Each one has 90deg. bends at each end with the torx head on it. Kind of shaped like a "Z" but with greater (90deg) angle @ each different-sized end. Thus, you have 4 different-sized torx heads amongst the 2 "Z" shaped tools. Only 1 end/size fits the cladding bolts. I used mine to remove the rear bumper to install my hitch.

XCross69
12/24/2003, 05:13 AM
Hey man, I believe what you need is a T-30 Torx Socket. I believe it tells ya what you need on Tones web site. But if I remember right its a T-30.