PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a bull bar with a removable winch

Eckstream
12/24/2003, 01:33 AM
Can anyone out there help me? I was thinking of doing Tones bull bar with Bigmeat VXs front hitch mount.... Will these work together? I also need to find a mounting plate for the winch that will work with the reciever. I would like to have a removable winch on the front for when the going gets rough.... Please let me know if anyone out there has this or knows where I can get a setup similar to this

SPAZZ
12/24/2003, 08:29 PM
didn't know Tone had a Bull Bar:confused: :confused: ....know he has a Safari Bar...is that what you mean???

Eckstream
12/24/2003, 09:43 PM
Sorry I meant the safari bar and the front hitch mount... Will they work together? Also where can I find the winch mount?

Dallas4u
12/25/2003, 07:51 AM
I don't think you'd want to use the Safari Bar with a winch, unless you find some way to support the winch and Safari Bar by adding some support beams from the winch mount to the frame. The Safari Bar is not meant to be used for leverage but pretty much for just mounting lights... not saying that it CAN'T be used to bump things ot pull things. It HAS been found to be MUCH stronger than anyone had thought, but I don't think you'd want to mount a winch on it.

Someone (or more than one) on this board has mounted a winch behind the cladding to the frame. They had to do some cutting, and I believe a bit of welding.

Eckstream
12/25/2003, 09:01 AM
Iwas planning on using Bigmeat Vxs front mount hitch for the winch as that should hold up well. I just wanted the safari bar in front of it... Would love to do the hidden winch but think that may be a bit much for me....

Tone
12/26/2003, 07:16 AM
As long as the front ends of the frame are not cut off, the Safari should work fine just as it does with Ron’s front skid plate.

NC_VX
12/26/2003, 07:11 PM
Okay, can I get a skid plate, the Tone Safari Bar, and Bigmeats front Hitch?

That would be perfect!!!

Dallas4u
12/26/2003, 10:33 PM
OOOPS! Sorry. I misread your post. I thought you wanted to add a winch to the Safari bar... not a hitch.

NC_VX
12/27/2003, 08:23 PM
actually I didn't start the post, but Bigmeats Front Hitch has a winch that attaches to it, so that is what I am asking?!!!