PDA

View Full Version : intake gasket leak !!

psychos2
12/29/2003, 02:56 PM
I had to take the vx to the dealer today,had a loud whistle at an idle.Also have had a problem with a rough idle.they said it was the intake gasket and they couldn't do it today.So i have to bring it back on friday. It seems that everytime i bring it in they screw something else up. They lost one of the rubber things that holds the intake cover to the intake. The only good thing to happen is the ******* service manager is no longer there. shawn

SPAZZ
12/29/2003, 06:36 PM
maybe they will keep yours for a month and a half like they did mine;Dp;

Eckstream
12/31/2003, 10:36 AM
I got a new intake gasket when I was in for a check engine light..... Turns out I needed a EGR valve and tube and the seal kit. They had mine done in about 5hrs or so on the day I took it in. I guess I lucked out being close to a decent service dept....

ScubaSteve
12/31/2003, 11:37 AM
A lot of you folks out there (including myself) are, how should i put this, mechanically inept when it comes to our trucks' guts? Just be careful when taking your VX to 'the shop'... too many crooks out there who wanna give you a 4-wheel alignment or charge you for EGR valve replacement and just reset the code.......

i swear there's gotta be a special place in hell for auto mechanics...

Halogen fluid, anyone? Sir, it's $60 for the cigarette lighter, but we'll install it for free...

:rolleyes:

psychos2
12/31/2003, 02:02 PM
it is still under warranty.the more they replace the better, when it is free.if it was out of warranty i would be doing it myself. if i can do it on a motor with three times the hp of a vx it would be no preblem. shawn

psychos2
01/02/2004, 08:49 AM
It took 1.5 hours and runs so much better. looks like it is pretty easy .and the rubber piece for the cover was there when i got it back. must be magic. shawn