PDA

View Full Version : MP3 system upgrade

Randy
01/08/2004, 11:10 AM
I have just changed my entire stereo system to a single unit with MP3 recorded onto CD/RW capabilities. Problem now is that I know nothing about how to make MP3 recordings. I have been using Windows Media 9 to burn my CD's and now I want to put 100 or more songs on 1 CD in MP3 format.

What is the process and which computer program is going to facillitate the easiest result? Can someone guide me? I also have Sony's SonicStudio on my 1.8 GHz P-4 Sony computer, but have not used that program to make any CD's.

Randy

tiggergreen
01/08/2004, 11:28 AM
I use MusicMatch (www.musicmatch.com) and it is the best recording program I have ever seen. It supports MP3Pro (which I'm not sure if your deck supports) - which are tinier but have better sound quality. They have a free recorder, but to do more than 10 MP3Pro recordings, you have to upgrade. If you want to just do MP3 recordings, then the free program will work just great.

Basically, start up MusicMatch, put the CD into the computer CD player and click "View, Recorder" on the menu. It should perform a lookup using CDDB on the Internet and then you click the Red record circle and it records it into your "My Documents\My Music" folder using the Artist name and album name.

Then when you have burned all your music, you can then use the built in burner to put your mp3 files onto a CD-R/CD-RW...

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

crager34
01/09/2004, 03:33 AM
Use Nero Burning Software located on the net. Once set up, go through the Burning Wizard and choose the ISO format. Load your 100 songs and burn baby burn. Putting MP3's on the regular format will not allow so many songs...more like 18.

doubleadesign
01/09/2004, 06:44 AM
I'm sure you can get the results you need with the free download of iTunes for Windows. it works the same as my MAC version so all you need to do is set the preferences for burning to MP3 and your set. This process is so much easier and fun on a MAC but I'm sure you'll find your way on your PC. Also, be sure to set the importing to MP3 and you bitrate to 192. 128 isn't worth it for MP3, just AAC. And don't believe the rumors of iTunes hijacking your system, it's the competition spreading the rumors in the first place, so enough said. Not having messed with a CD in quite a while besides putting it itnot the slot to import you will enjoy your new MP3 life. I use a iPod for the car and have enough tunes to travel across the US and back with out hearing the same song twice.;)

technocoy
01/09/2004, 08:49 AM
alpine just announced a cable for their aiNet that allows you to control your ipod with one cable that charges and transmits the signal. like a real solution, it allows you to view your playlists and all. you can use your remote as well.

i know it isn't exaclty what you were looking for but i thought it was cool and wanted to share it anyway. i'll be getting one for mine, but i haven't got an aftermarket stereo yet, so alpine just made my decision for me!

technocoy:D

tiggergreen
01/09/2004, 10:47 AM
Apple makes great products, but I will never buy one. The reason? Their prices are outrageous. I guess I am a bargain hunter.

Since we brought up the subject of technology, here is the product that is on my wish list for next year:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39714000/jpg/_39714415_minid203.jpg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3378627.stm

Yes, I am a huge minidisc fan - and as far as I can tell, this product continues to sizzle. I GB on small discs for only $7 - sweet!

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

doubleadesign
01/09/2004, 11:55 AM
Put up a link! I think I head about this from the CES show in Vegas.

about the Apple comment: Did you buy your VX used? If you bought it new before they were discontinued then I think you just made a contradictory statement. But, if you bought yours recently then I can see where your coming from.

tiggergreen
01/09/2004, 01:31 PM
First of all, the VX is definitely a bargain. The only other vehicles that are hand assembled cost over $100,000... In my book, the VX is worth more than any Ferrarri, Porsche or Lamborghini.

Second, yes, I did buy the VX used at the end of 1999. I also received 0% interest for four years which is worth about six grand. I am so happy to own this very unique vehicle. The only other vehicles that I like in this price range (Infiniti FX-35/45 and Nissan Murano) are mass produced. I like driving up and having people ask if it is one, new and two, what the heck is it.

I definitely meant no insult to people who buy Apple products - I did say they were great... The Apple system definitely has the best multimedia creation systems around. I just do not like their pricing scheme.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

Dallas4u
01/09/2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by tiggergreen
In my book, the VX is worth more than any Ferrarri, Porsche or Lamborghini.

Wow, nice book... but I guess we're reading different copies!

I love my VX, but to me, it ain't no F-50!

Hotsauce
01/09/2004, 03:54 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks MP3 sounds dead and grainy? I'll stick to CD Redbook. I'm trying to head in the other direction. I want SACD for the car.

John C.

MZ-N10
01/09/2004, 05:01 PM
Yes, I am a huge minidisc fan - and as far as I can tell, this product continues to sizzle. I GB on small discs for only $7 - sweet!

well i think its time to ditch my n10....and get tat one...200 bucks or so...damn...i paid well over 300 for my n10 and it only records 5 hours :mad: .............
________
FaeKitty (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/FaeKitty/)

SGT.BATGUANO
01/10/2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by tiggergreen
In my book, the VX is worth more than any Ferrarri, Porsche or Lamborghini.

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com

................except a free one;)

Randy
01/10/2004, 05:19 PM
On an off-note...

Sarge: Did you get that new Proton VX yet? What do ya think?

Randy