PDA

View Full Version : Internal bike mounts

VXRaNgEr
01/25/2004, 09:35 AM
Has anyone tried internal mounts? I know they sell them for the Xterra and I was wondering if I could do something similar...:?:

Apostle
01/25/2004, 09:54 AM
saw a pic here, think wormgod, had a bike in the back of his V. of course i could be totally off my rocker, but try looking in his pictures

also try a search, both the forums and gallery

deermagnet
01/26/2004, 03:28 PM
I don't have the internal mounts that you're asking about, but this is how I mount my bike.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mags/541.jpg

I use a 1" rachet strap. It's rock solid and only takes a few seconds. I don't even think the bungee cords I use for the bars are necessary.

Mark

VXRaNgEr
01/26/2004, 04:48 PM
That's pretty flippin' sweet!:flame: Does the back tire stick out past the front console?

deermagnet
01/26/2004, 05:17 PM
The tire sticks out over most of the arm rest. After I'm done ridin', I apply a scrub brush type thing to the rotating back tire to clean off any and all mud and dust from the tire and wheel. That keeps everything clean up front in my VX.

Mark

On Your Left
01/27/2004, 09:02 AM
DeerMagnet,

That's intersting to see. I ride a road bike and couldn't get it standing up in the back with only the rear wheel on. And its only a 53cm, so not too tall for a road bike. Guess its the difference in the height of the handle bars on a mountain bike vs road??

But I have a sweet RhodeGear rear trunnk mount from my previous car that works great on the back of the VX. Just clip it to the top of the door, sides and tuck the bottom straps inside under the spare tire cover. Plus it keeps it out of the wind, so better aero and less of a hit on mpg like a rook rack. ;Dr;

JT