PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged I/M and speed control

AlaskaVX
01/28/2004, 03:46 PM
I the image below the "evap can" (right behind the battery and if looking at the front to the left of the supercharger) has no tubes running out of it. I went to a shop in town to get my I/M and they said they would not pass me due to the little diagram under the hood that tells them that there are supposed to be some hoses running off of it. I know that it was there for a naturally aspired engine and is not needed with the SC. Is the only thing I can do is find a shop that deals with modified/supercharged engines. Or is there a way to convince the people at Jiffy Lube that it is correct? Not quite sure where to take this.... Should I run a bunch of dummy hose all around so they can't follow it?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/82scedvx3-med.jpg

Also was there ever a fix for the supercharger speed control?

Thanks in advance,
Alan

Tone
01/28/2004, 04:43 PM
Speed control brackets are avail from Alpien directly. The canister behind the battery has NOTHING to do with emissions - it was the reserve for the vacuum controlled variable length intake runners that are no longer installed. I recommend removing the cannister and bracket. Note the CARB sticker certifies is it 100% emissions compliant.