PDA

View Full Version : What do you friends think of the VX?

theericharris
01/30/2004, 07:17 AM
Howdy,

I've been visiting this web site for quite a while now, getting ideas on what to do to my VX once I get her. I hopefully will have a VX this summer (after I graduate from college) ;Dy;

Now on to my question..... Almost everyone I show a picture of the VX to says they think the VX is ugly! The only person that thinks it's cool is a current Aztek owner (ack!!!). Even my girlfriend thinks it's ugly. Maybe I need to find some new friends (and a new girlfriend), but have you guys noticed a lot of people don't like the looks of them?

Don't get me wrong, I don't care what others think, because I think the VX is absolutely beautiful! And no matter what people say, I'm going to be trading in my '97 Saturn SC2 on one in the next 6 months. But I just wanted to see what other people's friends/girlfriends/boyfriends/wives/husbands think of their VX. Might be interesting!

Anyways, thanks for the great web site..... You guys are the ones who have helped me get through college (the VX gives me inspiration to keep on going)! ;Dy;

Dallas4u
01/30/2004, 08:22 AM
My wife didn't like it much at first, just for the fact that I had switched cars too many times within a two year period that she was getting upset with me. I had bought my Prelude about 7 months before I saw the VX I currently own. I had to have it, and thought I'd fair better at selling the Prelude outright than trading it in on the VX... so I ended up owning and paying on both the VX and Prelude for a few months.

After that was over, she started seeing the VX for what it is. Now, if she hears anyone talk about how their cars are great for whatever reason, she chimes in on how limited and unique the VX is... makes me proud of her!

As for my friends (most back in Dallas), they thought it was cool, but they just weren't as in to cars as I am. Most liked cars and wanted nice ones to drive and all, but weren't as in to being an individual with it.

WormGod
01/30/2004, 08:35 AM
All of my friends totally dig it. Most girls I know think it's very sexy. I actually have one friend, Katie, who loves to ride in it simply cause the rumble of the PV and the get up and go gets her all giddy. ;)

nyc #1 ironman
01/30/2004, 09:13 AM
I 1st saw it in the Hamptons and fell in love with it but, Because I saw it in the "Hamptons" I knew for sure I couldn't afford it, and didn't even know it was an Isuzu. In the 3 years I've had it I've gotten 3 ugly comments, and 3,000 I love it comments. See the remark you made about the Aztek(yukk, I even hate saying that word) well, as you see you gave your opinion on the Aztek and believe it or not some people who own it love it. I don't know thee people in your town sound alittle strange. Most people who don't "love" the VX think its a cool truck. Hey, you paid for it and as long as your happy;)

AlaskaVX
01/30/2004, 10:47 AM
Well my freinds think its really cool, they will actually come and get me to show someone my car, gotta love that "OK, I guess I can show it off". I've gotten some bad comments on it but I don't care, I just pull up next to them and step on it, I think their mind quickly changes after that. I would say the good/bad comment ration would be around 500/1 I don't know how many people insist on me rolling my window down to tell me its a cool car, or give me a big smile and a thumbs up as I drive by. When no one had seen one here except in pictures they thought it was ugly but once seen in person they like it. Maybe you should get some new pictures to show them. Like these.....
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/81p1110511.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/29travelupload-med.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/36the_crack-med.jpg

TDUB
01/30/2004, 05:50 PM
99.9% positive. If it was 1% positive it wouldn't matter in the least. I bought it for me not them

aloha, tw

Eckstream
01/31/2004, 11:27 AM
The VX looks had to grow on me..... I first saw one and thought yuk another soccer mom grocery getter... Then I saw off roading pics and been in love ever since. All my friends like it especially the women;Dy; Thats what really counts I did have some retard in philly hang out the window of his Hyundai elantra to scream "YO THAT IS THE UGLIEST CAR IVE EVER SAW"..... as he smashed into the back of a stopped car. Needless to say my Vx wasnt as ugly as his Hyundai after all was said and done:rolleyes:

Jonnie
01/31/2004, 12:50 PM
I haven't gotten any negative comments unless you think "It looks like a sneaker" is offensive. Both who said it are good friends and they like it.

The nite I drove it home from the dealer (aug 2003) my first stop, was in a fast food line that caused lots of positive comments.

This morning found me in another fast food line and the 19 yo gal said, "iron...what?" "What does it say on the front?" So I had to explain it. Then she said. "...It's small." So I told her, "it was just fine for me, but women have said that." Hee hee. Then she quiclkly said, "But it's cool..."

Jonathan

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/01/2004, 04:37 AM
I love those pics AlaskaVX! Especially the first one! I actually still find myself staring at it after 3yrs of ownership (yes, I can count...mine was a new '00 I purchased in '01!..lol.)

Maverick
02/01/2004, 06:30 AM
99.9% positive. If it was 1% positive it wouldn't matter in the least. I bought it for me not them

AMEN!!!

so far ive gotten nothing but positive comments. most of my friends are quite impressed with it , and ones a bit jealous. he recently bought an escape, paid twice what i did and it doesnt perform nearly as well , its quite boring compared to the vx.. one even called me asking where i got it, he couldnt find one at the dealership and the saleman didnt know what he was talking about.. :D

migil
02/01/2004, 08:36 AM
Those who don't like my VX simply aren't considered as friends anymore.

:D Just kidding

Heraclid
02/01/2004, 09:24 AM
I really haven't had a negative response yet since I got it in April. I count seething jealousy as positive feedback too since they envy it, and even those folks have never come out and cut it down (to my face at least). I would say that it has generated about the same quantity of positive comments that my Dodge Avenger ES did. The thing is, I had the Avenger from March 96 - April 03 and I've only had the VX since April 03. Where I notice a difference with the VX is the people who spin around in their seats trying to get another look and just see what it is. That happened a few times in the Avenger that I noticed, but more so with the VX (everyone has been seeing Avengers for a while now and the VX is never going to be common). I also notice more guys with big trucks (and probably inversely proportionate little units) trying to prove to themselves that they're faster than me now.

I take the first part of my comments back - my second cousin did make a face and say it looked SO small. I'll count that one in the negative column. She who drives a wonderful Suzuki Grand Vitara. :-) Mine has as much room as hers but lacks the second set of doors and it's harder to make use of the back seat in mine. But the two don't even begin to compare in any other way.

I think the best endorsement came from my uncle who is definitely one of those "I only buy American trucks" types. I expected him not to react favorably to the VX and he was more free with his compliments than probably anyone has been. Then the next time he saw it he was really eyeing the tires because he said he just read they were rated the best and he wanted some for his truck because he needed something better for his hunting trips.

Tonka
02/01/2004, 07:46 PM
i think your problem is you live in MI. Nothing but American made lovers out there (not there is anything wrong with that). You like it, you buy it. You'll get both pos and neg comments, but it won't matter. Take your friends for a ride and they'll change their minds, then slap a lift and 33" mudders and they'll really change their minds!

Navigator
02/01/2004, 08:35 PM
...LOL :D Do your own research :work: then decide for yourself. Don't let me or anyone else make up your mind for you, C'mon you know what you want. Don't ya :naughty:

ScubaSteve
02/03/2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Tonka
i think your problem is you live in MI. Nothing but American made lovers out there (not there is anything wrong with that). You like it, you buy it. You'll get both pos and neg comments, but it won't matter. Take your friends for a ride and they'll change their minds, then slap a lift and 33" mudders and they'll really change their minds!

Actually, i went to Wawa last week to get my daily cream-cheese stuffed pretzel and there was a group of about 8 or 10 "very local" locals...

"What is dat tang, cappy? Looks like a weetle hoomvay!"... One guy followed me in just to ask what it is. More "cultured", he said it was "sharp lookin" :) Then they all got in their Ford trucks and drove off...

Either way, i've gotten the shoe comment but it doesn't bug me. When it snows and the only truck that can get outa the parking lot to pick up lunch is mine, opinions change quick:)