PDA

View Full Version : What do you say?

TDUB
01/30/2004, 05:54 PM
When someone asks, "What is it? ( I have no Isuzu badges)
I tell them "If I tell you I'll have to kill you"

aloha, tw

VXRaNgEr
01/30/2004, 08:20 PM
I tell them it is an AMC Eagle. Then walk slowly away while they try to figure out if I'm kidding...

MZ-N10
01/30/2004, 08:58 PM
its a lifted ferrari enzo :D

i tell them its a isuzu....tat usally gets a groan....
________
Vaporizerinfo (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

VXRaNgEr
01/31/2004, 11:05 AM
Groan? Do Isuzus have a bad name?

Eckstream
01/31/2004, 11:10 AM
I tell em I reverse engine it from aliens...... Most people I know with Isuzu complain about blown motors and tons of body rust so yeah most people groan when they know its Isuzu

VXRaNgEr
01/31/2004, 11:15 AM
Hmmm...if Isuzu engines aren't reliable, how could Honda have chosen them to built the Passport?

VX_PA
01/31/2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by VXRaNgEr
Hmmm...if Isuzu engines aren't reliable, how could Honda have chosen them to built the Passport?
Have you noticed that Honda dropped the Passport?? That's because they were wise on Isuzu's lack of support.

That's one of the reasons I bought an Isuzu, because I thought if Honda would use them they couldn't be that bad? I was so-so very wrong. I will never purchase anything Isuzu ever again, that's a promise!:mad:

WyrreJ
01/31/2004, 09:14 PM
Wouldn't a passport be serviced at a Honda dealer? So Isuzu's customer support really would not be a factor in Honda dropping it? I think the real reason was that Honda saw the market for unibody SUVs as growing rapidly while body-on-frame trucks weren't a growth segment. I think they were right.

mrtew
02/01/2004, 06:20 PM
Very true, and the Passport was always intended as a stopgap to get people used to thinking Honda for SUV's until they could actually design and build their own. It was sold for a long time though. Too bad that Isuzu's aren't built and serviced like a Honda, but they seem pretty darned good to me. I mean if you are on a Honda board you hear about all the problems and defects and dealer goofs there too. And you hear a lot more 'I love my vehicle' comments here than there.