PDA

View Full Version : 99 IronMan White to Ebony next month

NC_VX
02/14/2004, 07:07 PM
:D I finally saved up the money to make the big conversion in the paint. I like the white, but I decided I wanted to go with a black on black. The metal will be painted a high gloss ebony finish and the cladding will be painted a sort of LineX brand, but how it is made is that you mix the rubber with the regular color of paint, so the cladding will have that textured rubber protection, but the cladding will match the color of the rest of the car. That goes for the hood insert and the side view mirrors.

Let me know if you guys can forsee any problems with this, but I think it should go over well... The only fear I have is that the running bars for the rack and the rear spoiler will now look weird. Maybe I wll paint those black too!!!

In addition the paint, I am having htem install the StinkFabs and having them painted RED, then I am having the PVC muffler installed, the windows tinted very dark and a trunk popper installed. I can't do it myself, I know.... Actually I could, but I am trying to have the popper isntalled with the OEM Rodeo button for trunk realease being installed in the blank box next to the SIde Mirror Defrosters on the center console, but I am havin them tie the electric to dissable that button unless in Park, that way I won't accidently open my trunk in the middle of traffic or something

Scheduled Install: Completed 18th of March!!!

TDUB
02/14/2004, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you're really into this paint job. I think it will turn out great! Good luck! Lets see some pix when it's done.

TW

NC_VX
02/15/2004, 06:55 AM
I want a new look, not a new car, but I also don't want to loose the peace of mind knowing that I have that cladding protecting me in tight parking spaces or branches when fourwheelin'... Now i will get the new look and continue to have that protection~!~