PDA

View Full Version : vx price skyrocket???????????/

glock
02/16/2004, 06:16 PM
I was wondering if anyone else was disappointed that the price of used vehicross'are low? I had hoped when I purchased it that due to the fact only 3000 a year were imported for 3 years they would at least hold most of their value and possibly go up in value due to their unique look, great offroad capabilities etc. Is anyone else pissed off at this?????????????

Heraclid
02/16/2004, 06:22 PM
Well yeah, kinda... but it only matters if you plan on selling it, and I sure don't. And it makes getting another one easier. :-)

TDUB
02/16/2004, 07:14 PM
While I'm surprised that they don't sell for more, I'm happy that they stay somewhat affordable. When something is bought for the investment rather than the joy, it loses all its character.

aloha, tw

Chopper
02/16/2004, 07:14 PM
Couldn't agree more with Heraclid, about VX prices. I'm glad they are low. I have a vehicle I'm so thrilled with I'm almost afraid to use it. It's an 01 that just turned 9000 mi. . I'm looking for another to" play with." Just found an 01 black&grey, 20,000 mi., Recaro's an' all for 19000 neg. What do you think?? A twin may be kinda weird. Iwanna see a red one . Given the space, I can easily see several in our barn.

Maverick
02/17/2004, 08:27 AM
just paid 13k for my 99 with 59, 000 on the clock.. I had a chance at an 01 proton for 21k with 23,000 but for 8 grand less my vx is just as capable (and besdies mileage, was in equivelent condition) and much more affordable.. im going to drive it till it dies, then fix it and drive it some more..so no worries about resale for me unless something drastic happens..
there are allot of cars out there that are way undervalued, except by their owners.
im very happy with my decision, and i dont have to be afraid of driving it the way it was meant to be driven..the fun factor is priceless :D

coachreed
02/17/2004, 01:53 PM
As others have said, its good for us who want to acquire another that the prices aren't so high... cars aren't an investment anyway... if you wanted that, you'd buy something like an old Vette or something... or maybe an exotic (if you can afford it)... I think that one day I might search around for another VX... maybe one with not so many mods on it... something to be a little more original than mine... with the motor mod I am undergoing and the many things that come with it, I don't expect it will ever be the same again... not saying thats a bad thing... anyway... buy it and enjoy it... don't worry about investment.

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Coversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

Nerfzooka
02/17/2004, 04:01 PM
Not the fact that they are ugly or ancient or a synonym for a obsolete machine or case study in business blunders. Just the facts that Ford didn't make too many, and Edsels had unusual styling that was not main-stream, just like the Vehicross. Edsels are now highly priced show cars.

I'm sure the blue book on Edsels was pretty low back in the '60s.

Eckstream
02/17/2004, 11:53 PM
I got a heck of a deal on mine.... Its a 00 Ironman with 28k for $18,000..... Dealer also included a 7yr 70k mile warranty and free rotors and brake pads for life(gotta pay for labor).... I traded in my 95 Camaro Z28(didnt get as much as I wanted so they worked in the warranty and brakes) for $4k and put an extra $3k down...... I only ended up financing $11k for one hot ride..... If business is good this year I wanna find a 01 Proton with super low miles and keep that one pretty so I can off-road my Ironman.....