PDA

View Full Version : windows dying on me

dragonfly22design
02/17/2004, 07:07 AM
My windows on both sides won't go up properly. They tilt and go really slow like the motor is dying on them and you have to manually yank them back in place to get them to go up. Sure sucks when you live in Wisconsin in the cold winter and can't get your windows up!

Any suggestions???

migil
02/17/2004, 08:28 AM
Do a search on window problems. Basically you have to put some silicone on the rubber rails. Personally I use silicone grease for the rails, and every once in a while I open the door panel and use lithium grease on the mechanism itself. Some people from this forum use silicone spray with good results.

I had once to replace the driver's window regulator - The mechanism was fine but the wire that moves everything inside was a mess, probably because of the lack of grease was putting too much stress on it.

Make sure you do the proper maintenance soon before you end up paying $120+ for a new regulator.

Anita
02/17/2004, 12:08 PM
There is a LOT of info about binding windows here on this site. A great fix for many of us was posted by Paul Hines. Check out the link.
You may have to replace the regulators but dont keep using the windows or you might cause the plastic tabs at the bottom of the window glass to break. Then you will need new windows..

Window Fix (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1180)

deermagnet
02/17/2004, 12:28 PM
Anita, where has Paul been? I know he got married, but does he still have his VX? He hasn't been heard from in a very long time.

Sorry I got off the thread topic.

Mark

Anita
02/17/2004, 01:30 PM
quick update.. paul didnt get married. He still has his Vx. He is fine and doing great!

adzuki3
02/23/2004, 05:25 PM
do you know what number the service bulliten is?
my dealer says there is none and i need a new regulator.
after he installs it i will do the famous fix myself.

phines
02/25/2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by deermagnet
Anita, where has Paul been? I know he got married, but does he still have his VX? He hasn't been heard from in a very long time.

Sorry I got off the thread topic.

Mark

Yeah, Mark, I sort of disappeared for a while there... but I still have my VX and it's going to hit 100,000 miles in about one hour when I leave work. :) This vehicle has been a lot more dependable than the women who have been in my life! :thumbup:
As for the window fix, it continues to work flawlessly for me, but I still need to do the other window... I'm such a procrastinator. :rolly:
________
Vapir No2 (http://www.vaporshop.com)

joe-yamma
02/25/2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SPAZZ
it isn't that simple of a problem. Isuzu has a bulletin out and I was told by the fleet manager that they had extended the warrantee on the window problem. Seems the glass was not in the tracs properly and the tracs were week...or something. Had mine fixed a couple weeks ago again for the 3rd time. I'm a little over 50,000

I have searched on several websites and I have never found a window TSB... Could you tell us where you found it?

(Here's edmunds.com)
http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/MaintenanceServlet?step=step4&year=1999&make=Isuzu&model=VehiCROSS&style=2+Dr+STD+4WD+Utility&zip=15226&popup=current&synpartner=edmunds&tid=edmunds...mnt.step2.9.Isuzu*

Thanks!
Joe

joe-yamma
02/25/2004, 01:35 PM
Here's the AllData.com one too...

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/29/99293739.html

dragonfly22design
02/26/2004, 08:06 AM
The guys at the shop ordered new seals for around both doors/windows and that fixed the problem-whew!

Hey Gruven, where ya been? You're very quiet this week.

PCMAXCHATTIN
03/03/2004, 01:43 PM
HI GUYS,

I JUST HAD THE SLANT WINDOW PROBLEM. ALSO , THE WINDOW SEEM TO GO UP SLOW. I TOOK MY VX TO A VEHICLE GLASS REPLACEMENT SHOP. THE SERVICE GUY STATED THE REGULATOR WAS BAD.THEREFORE I BOUGHT THE REGULATOR FROM THE DEALERSHIP $80..I TOOK IT BACK TO THE GLASS REPAIR PLACE AND HAD IT INSTALLED FOR $75. AFTER HAVING MY WINDOWS TINTED AND WAITING 5 DAYS, THE WINDOW PROBLEM RETURNED.I THERFORE WENT INTO THE DOOR PANEL AND LOOKED AROUND A LITTLE.I FOUND THAT THE FRONT GUIDE RAIL IS A REALLY CHEAP DESIGN(WELD) AND COULD EASILY MOVE. WHEN THE RAIL MOVES,IT CAUSES THE WINDOW TO MOVE(BEND) THE TRACK.SO, I GOT OUT A PAIR OF CHANNEL LOCK PLIERS AND WIDEN THE TRACK AT THE MID AND TOP SECTION.OH, DONT FORGET TO MOVE THE RUBBER GUIDE.THE WINDOW WORKS LIKE A BRAND NEW WINDOW NOW.THERFORE, I DID THE OTHER SIDE THE SAME WAY.YOU ONLY NEED TO OPEN THE TRACK WIDER WHERE THE WINDOW STICKS OR THE TRACK MOVES. THE BAD TRACK IS NEXT TO THE WINDOW MOTOR WITH A BLACK RUBBER GUIDE.