PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak Info.

weasel
02/17/2004, 08:48 PM
Hello Everyone.

My buggy is leaking a little bit of oil. I took it to a dealer who explained that in many cases the PCV valve connections and the throttle body has to be cleaned out. Apparently the carbon build up cloggs up the ventilation and causes the crankcase to over-pressure which in turn cause oil to go thru the seals.

Is this something anyone else has seen?

-Fred

Dallas4u
02/17/2004, 10:43 PM
Um, possibly... this could be the cause of the infamous rod failure and engine kabloom.

Anita
02/17/2004, 11:10 PM
Dont know about the oil leaking.. but absolutely have it done. A clogged PCV valve has been traced to potential serious problems.

zadam123
02/18/2004, 02:54 AM
Mine looses oil, I have to add 2 quarts every 2000-3000 miles but i dont ever see any on the floor and i park my car in a garage so i have no idea where it goes.

adam

joe-yamma
02/18/2004, 05:44 AM
I am beginning to notice some oil loss as well. I have not put an amount on it yet, but I am carefully observing the level now.

It is using oil, but I have never seen any leaks on the floor or under the vehicle.

I also doubt that my VX is burning the oil this quickly as I am using Amsoil full syn (I have noticed the Amsoil to be very resistant to burn-off in my other vehicles and in motorcycles)

I am going to check out my PCV this weekend.

Joe