PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble any help would be appreciated

vx69
02/27/2004, 07:41 PM
Well this is my first problem I have ever had with my VX. Right now if I start it everything goes fine, but after sitting for 30 sec. it starts to idle high, then you can smell a faint gasoline smell, then it quits. It does not hesitate or sputer, it just dies as if you shut of the ignition. I have a code reader and it states :

Trouble Code : P0101

Description : Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Fuel System Status

Fuel System 1 Status : Closed loop; using oxygen sensor(s) as feedback for fuel control.

I have some more information on the same error code about fuel pressure, and speed of vehicle but I think that is just the jist of it. I think this means I might need to replace my MAF Sensor. If any one can thing of anything else I would love to hear it.

Thanks
Jason

Dallas4u
02/28/2004, 09:14 AM
Possibly a bad intake manifold gasket.

Eckstream
02/28/2004, 10:02 AM
I second the intake gasket.... Just hope its not the MAF... Mucho denero man! My intake gasket and pcv valve went and it was doin what yours is doin.

technocoy
02/28/2004, 10:34 AM
before you go replacing anything or going worst case scenario, just go under the hood and really push the sensor plug in firmly. this is a known problem and one that i had when i first bought my VX. it will also do it sometimes after washing the engine bay (gets knocked loose) and when it's really hot. This thing is very sensitive, but everytime mine has had trouble that has been it. tone told me about it on my second day owning my VX. do a search for MAS or Mass..

hope that is it, it would be expensive to replace it. but if that isn't it then more than likely it is the intake manifold as others have said.

hope that was helpful
technocoy.:)

vx69
02/29/2004, 08:04 PM
Well first I checked the connection to the MAF, and that was not the problem, then I took the MAF apart, and wiped it all down with a towel pluged it back in and now everything is working fine. Thanks for everyone's help, I think it is going to be fine now. Thanks again

Dallas4u
02/29/2004, 09:27 PM
Kepp an eye on it. You'll know if it was a dirty MAF sensor or not tomorrow.