PDA

View Full Version : Oh Sh*t!

Spy Hunter
02/28/2004, 08:41 PM
Got your attention, didn't I? :D

I was wondering if knows an "easy" way to remove the rear "oh sh*t" handles. I've been prying at one of the rubber boots with a screwdriver and only suceeded in scratching it....

kpaske
02/28/2004, 09:42 PM
If I recall correctly, you need to push the little endcaps outward (from the handle side out), while at the same time prying upward on the outer end. Once the end of the cap pops off, the hole thing will slide back and forth on the handle. Hope that helps!

Maverick
02/28/2004, 10:26 PM
I was wondering if knows an "easy" way to remove the rear "oh sh*t" handles.

ive always called em the "bejesus" handles, years ago my mom broke one off in my old audi 4000s quattro after some rather active accident avoidance, and turned to me with the handle in her hand and yelled "you scared the bejesus out of me!!" :freek: ;Do;

MZ-N10
02/28/2004, 11:42 PM
u slide the sides outwards like how kpaske said...

ive always called it the 'oh sh*t' bars...cause u think tat when u grab them
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Tone
02/29/2004, 06:12 AM
Uh guys, the plastic covers slide INWARDs to reveal the screws. Pop them on the outer edge and then they will slide along the handle. Do ya’ll EVER try what you recommend OTHERS to do BEFORE you tell them? Geesh.

mrtew
02/29/2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks Tone! Why are you guys removing them anyway. At work we have to kinda tone down the language when designing cars. Inside the industry they are often called OS handles. Some people call them that and don't even know what it stands for! :-] We have acronyms for everything at GM!

Dallas4u
02/29/2004, 09:28 AM
He he... funny Tone. I think that to myself all the time.

Removing the handles makes it MUCH easier to get behind the rear interior panels. Not doing so will make any job 3x longer.

Spy Hunter
02/29/2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Dallas4u

Removing the handles makes it MUCH easier to get behind the rear interior panels. Not doing so will make any job 3x longer.

Yep, removing the panel to change my rears to 6.5"s. BTW, I didn't know the stock system had Clarion speakers...neat-o.

Nerfzooka
02/29/2004, 01:36 PM
Back when people weren't potty-mouths, we called those handles the white knuckle straps. Because when you're scared you hold on so tight your knuckles turn white.

Spike
02/29/2004, 04:58 PM
I always called them 'AAHH bars..."

There is much less thought to screaming 'AAAHH!' than to actually say a profanity or other word...

MZ-N10
02/29/2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MZ-N10
u slide the sides outwards like how kpaske said...

ive always called it the 'oh sh*t' bars...cause u think tat when u grab them

i feel like a dumb sh*t.....
________
ROLL BLUNTS (http://howtorollablunt.net/)

Spy Hunter
02/29/2004, 06:34 PM
Turns out the rubber thing actually hooks up under the plastic so you're all kinda right. The easiest way to do it is to take a small screwdriver and push under the rubber and OUT. Then lift the rubber and slide the whole thing IN to expose the screw.