PDA

View Full Version : XM wiring troubles!!

Dallas4u
03/02/2004, 02:47 PM
Ok, installed a Pioneer XM receiver last weekend, but I accidentally wired the power for it to the ACC line. I could use it when my head unit was on, but when I turned the VX off it would lose it's presets and would only show a few stations when it came back up.

I started messing with it at lunch while I was at work (still am), and I have blown a few fuses so far. Now, I can't even get it to show up on my head unit! Oh, and I did something really stupid... I think I blew the 2 amp fuse on the power line for the unit, so I took it out and put in some soldering wire, just for temp use. While that was in there, it blew another audio fuse on the VX side... not too sure if I may have damaged the receiver now or not since I didn't have a fuse in place. I'm a little worried now that I can't get the head unit to even see the XM receiver any more.

The IP-bus cable that I bought has the power attached to the main cable, making it easier to route through the car. Other cables show a line for power AND one for ACC, but this one only has a line for power. I'm assuming this should go to a line that is always on (to the battery).

Any ideas!??!?!?!

Spy Hunter
03/02/2004, 03:07 PM
It sounds bad bro....bridging the the unit's fuse may have fried it before the VX fuse could blow at the higher amperage. I'd suggest replacing the 2amp fuse and making sure the unit powers up and is recognized by your head unit before you go any further. Good luck:luck: