PDA

View Full Version : ABS light came on

zadam123
03/05/2004, 04:59 PM
I was driving today and noticed my abs light was on, I never seen this before and dont seam to be any reason for it to be on. Brakes seem fine. Anyone know what can cause this and a fix for it? Could it be a sensor and if so how hard is it to replace?

I also have the OEM brakes and 70,000 miles on the car but i checked a few weeks ago and still have some meat on them.

adam

lenny
03/06/2004, 08:59 AM
hi zadam

that happend to me aswell came on for no reason

the fix disconnected battery for 5 mins reconnect

and its been fine not come back on since

worth a try

zadam123
03/06/2004, 07:06 PM
lenny.

I also noticed that the abs does not work , I tested out today and car skided to a stop rather than the controled stop. did yours do that as well?

thanks
adam

SGT.BATGUANO
03/06/2004, 09:15 PM
May be a damaged sensor or wiring. Can a code be read?

zadam123
03/06/2004, 09:16 PM
Do you need a special tool to read the codes and if so where can i get one?

SGT.BATGUANO
03/06/2004, 09:26 PM
I think either pep boys or autozone can pull codes. Either featherfoot or hotsauce posted a pic of an ACTRON code reader that runs about $150- $200.

Have you checked your brake fluid level? Seem to remember some posts that may have solved this problem, but don't recall if it was brake or abs light.

zadam123
03/07/2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by lenny
hi zadam

the fix disconnected battery for 5 mins reconnect

and its been fine not come back on since

worth a try

Thanks for the idea but i tried that and still came back on

adam

zadam123
03/13/2004, 12:42 PM
OK wnt to a local shop to read the code and he said it was
B-12 which he said was a front right holding solenoid.

any ideas what this is and how much bread this is gonna cost? The mechanic wont know till monday if he can get it fixed.

adam

AlaskaVX
03/15/2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SGT.BATGUANO
Have you checked your brake fluid level? Seem to remember some posts that may have solved this problem, but don't recall if it was brake or abs light.
That was me and it was the brake light not ABS.
-FYI, A couple times after spinning a bunch of braodies the ABS light would come on, but as soon as it was shut off and restarted the light would be off.

zadam123
03/15/2004, 04:05 PM
Today the mechanic i went to was supposed to tell me wether or not he can fix the car. after he called isuzu he was told that they dont know that code and he must have used a scanner other than isuzu's and that i would have to bring my car to isuzu to find the problem since it seams that diffrent scanners put out diffrent wording as to what the problems are. I even called isuzu and was told the same thing.

Heres what sucks.
I gave this guy $60 to tell me whats wrong with my car and even made sure to ask befor he started if he would be able to find the problem and fix it and like everyone else who dont know about the VX he assured me he would. now i have to go to isuzu since he has no idea whats wrong (isuzu told him they never heard of a front holding selonid) and have the scan run again at there price of $85 and the first guy wont even give me my money back even though he really did nothing for me.:mad:

adam

Hotsauce
03/15/2004, 05:18 PM
Just a suggestion, pull the ABS sensors, and wipe them clean. When I was repacking my front wheel bearings i noticed that the ABS sensor was covered with brake rotor shavings that cling due to the magnets in the sensor. I could imagine enough of this causing an error code.

John C.