PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself here!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

CrnCnn
10/23/2008, 04:29 PM
I do have one concern though. Today while driving to work my check engine light came on. The VX seems to be running fine. I'm not sure why it's on. The only thing that I can think of is that I put regular unleaded in him instead of mid grade. We use premium in our porsche carrera and our boxster, and I wasn't sure if the VX requires that as well?

~Jody :)

This is not the place to discuss the topic farther but before you start a new thread here is my .02 cents....

If you have recently filled up make sure you tightened the Gas cap all the way. I hve had the CEL on numerous times because I am forgetful and do not tighten enough.

VXGirlie01
10/23/2008, 04:45 PM
^^thank you! i'll go out and check it right now.

i really appreciate the info!

i know...i should have probably mentioned the CEL part in a diff. thread but thought i'd go ahead and throw it out there in my introduction.

thanks much...i'll keep my eye on the other threads about engine things! ;)

dang....it wasn't the gas cap. it was on tight. i wish it was that simple and it isn't something major. =(

kodiak
10/23/2008, 06:21 PM
Welcome to family VXGirlie01! Looks like you’re getting around the site just fine. Be sure to always run anything you have done to your VX thru us before you have someone work on it. This site can potentially save you thousands.

PS: You have great taste in vehicles.;)

VXGirlie01
10/23/2008, 06:24 PM
Welcome to family VXGirlie01! Looks like you’re getting around the site just fine. Be sure to always run anything you have done to your VX thru us before you have someone work on it. This site can potentially save you thousands.

PS: You have great taste in vehicles.;)

thank you! thank you! i appreciate the warm welcome from everyone here! it seems like a great family! i'm glad to be part of the club! :)

don moore
10/23/2008, 10:24 PM
welcome ..Im down in eugene..but go to portland from time to time......see you some time.:smilegray

LittleBeast
10/23/2008, 10:36 PM
hi bart,

thanks for the welcome. i'll be taking him in to the shop so they can read the code for me and then i'll let you guys know what they say.

ps..i took a peek at your link to your 01 VX. nice pictures!!!

Oh well I am sure you will not do this, but do not take it somewhere where they will charge you to read the code, any AutoZone will read the code for you for free.

VXGirlie01
10/24/2008, 06:50 AM
hi don! nice to see some nw'ers out there! the vx in your signature looks beautiful!

littlebeast....actually, i didn't know that they (autozone) could do the reading. thank you much! i'll see what they say and then let you guys know.

great group here! i'm already going to be ordering the ladies sweatsuit, in pink of course! oh...and the sweatshirt! cool stuff! i saw the forum support area as well and i'll be making a trip there shortly. :)

Scott Harness
10/24/2008, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the "FAMILY" vxgirlie01 You won't believe the love and friendship on this forum. It's amazing:eek:

don moore
10/24/2008, 09:21 AM
i got the check engine light 2 days ago.and my little VX was running wierd.it was for the o2 sencer..(the guys at AUTOZUNE did a cheakfor free)..the fuel out here is getting bad... i noticed a ring of soot around the edge of my tail pipe... well i added some HEET in the fuel. and it cleaned off the sencer.(the light went out). it runs better now ..im going to get the next grade up in fuel and keep using the fuel additive ?? sorry can remember the name.(thomas??)I have a bottle of it in my VX..give me a PM if you get down to theses parts.

VXGirlie01
10/24/2008, 11:01 AM
^^we'll be finding out the code today. I'm x'ing my fingers that it's nothing major. i've only had my vx for a week! i drive it nicely too! lol!

thanks for the welcome and advice! i just did a paypal payment to support the forum as well so i won't be a "zoid" for much longer! i'm happy to support such a cool forum!

:bgwp:

AleXDean
10/29/2008, 08:43 PM
My name is AleX Dean and I live in Vancouver, Washington, which is right across the river from Portland, Oregon (Not Canada). I bought my V-cross 3 years ago. I had never heard of it, but a friend of a friend was selling one. At first I refused to test drive it because I knew that if I did, I would want it. But eventually I broke down, drove it, and bought it. :)

JGeorge264
10/29/2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Alex, Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see another Vancouver vx'r here. There are several in town but no others on here that I know of. You'll find this is a great place with good people and tons of info.
I don't think I've seen you around town. What area are you from? I'm over by the hospital/ Mill Plain area.
Jody

Brian Drinks
11/11/2008, 08:16 AM
Hello my names brian from philadelphia pa i have a 99 silver vx with black and red interior my new VX family i first saw the vx on a tv show were they used them to track down monster,gost and the abnormal,thats when i knew i had to have one. It took me eight months to locate one this was back in 2k,i happen to be lookin through the local paper when i saw a local dealership with one but it didn't have a price listed,plus i guess cosiged for my girl friend to get a new car at that time so i didnt thing no more of it.Then i talked about to my girl friend about she said i should go check out so we did,and the rest is history it had a 75,000mls on it now it has 130,000mls and it still rus good and love and whould't trade it for nothing its an eye cather,head turner and conversation piece.Iam glad i found this website were people understand my enjoyment for the vx .

etlsport
11/11/2008, 01:53 PM
glad you found the site brian!

ive seen a 99 silver vx down on columbus ave near ikea a few times over the last couple years.. wonder if that was you

VXGirlie01
11/11/2008, 03:58 PM
welcome to the forum AleX, and Brian! Glad to see another NW'er here! wow! :dance:

TJ99VX
11/14/2008, 10:24 PM
I saw my first Vehicross at a local dealer in 1999 and new I had to have one but the fact that it only sat 4 made it not practical for a family of 4 that was still growing. Eight years later with a family of 5 I decide that I cannot always be practical and finaly went out and bought one. First I could not find one close in good condition then found one about 450 miles away and spent the entire day driving to pick it up. It is a 1999 white Ironman. It had 95K miles but the owner kept all of the receipts and could see it was well maintain. It has been a year now since I bought it and still cannot believe it is mine. This is by far my favorite vehical ever own.

kodiak
11/15/2008, 03:58 AM
Welcome, you have definitely came to the right place.:thumbup:

VXGirlie01
11/15/2008, 02:08 PM
welcome TJ! ;party:

99VC
11/15/2008, 02:42 PM
Welcome TJ I'm new to this site and ride also, it's a hell of alot of fun,, enjoy many more miles......

TJ99VX
11/15/2008, 06:46 PM
Thank you, I am looking forward to some of the rallys in the future.

david51
11/21/2008, 11:16 AM
Brick walls are there for a reason: they let us know how badly we want things” Randy Pausch.

david51
11/22/2008, 01:50 PM
Hi there from Auckland, New Zealand. My VX is a 1998 Japanese Import. To my knowledge only 97 & 98 VX have come into NZ so far. In Mint condition; Flew down to Christchurch to pick up (sight unseen) from another VX lover who was working in Australia.
only sighted 2 others on the roads in Auckland (both within one hour of eachother) since buying it.
No mechanical issues.
Setting it up for camping & road trips this summer.
Would love to hear from other Kiwi owners & organise a few drives together.
Cheers
David

VXGirlie01
11/24/2008, 04:46 PM
welcome to the forum!!! wow! look at all of the new vx'ers coming in!

that's way cool! :dance:

PittVXr
11/25/2008, 08:35 AM
Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself here. I picked up my 1999 Silver Vehicross last weekend. It was totally worth the two hour drive to Ohio in the rain. I can't believe how many people have complimented me on my "new" truck! The look on their faces when I tell them it's ten years old is priceless.

Well time to start saving up some $$$ so I can get to modding it this spring. It looks like this is going to be an addiction!:)

kodiak
11/25/2008, 08:39 AM
You have no idea.:rolleyes: Welcome to the madness. ;)

Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself here. I picked up my 1999 Silver Vehicross last weekend. It was totally worth the two hour drive to Ohio in the rain. I can't believe how many people have complimented me on my "new" truck! The look on their faces when I tell them it's ten years old is priceless.

Well time to start saving up some $$$ so I can get to modding it this spring. It looks like this is going to be an addiction!:)

tom4bren
11/25/2008, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the addiction.

Don't forget to use the search function to find some other local owners (I think there's at least one other in your area.

BTW - I used to run the Baldwin/Whitehall area back in my teens.

PittVXr
11/25/2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks. Looks like I'll be spending Thanksgiving weekend reading the forums here. Is there a "how-to" on how to explain to your wife that you need to spend more money on the truck you just bought?

kodiak
11/25/2008, 08:55 AM
Just show her Bart’s before and after thread. :cool:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14452

Thanks. Looks like I'll be spending Thanksgiving weekend reading the forums here. Is there a "how-to" on how to explain to your wife that you need to spend more money on the truck you just bought?

tom4bren
11/25/2008, 09:06 AM
"Is there a "how-to" on how to explain to your wife that you need to spend more money on the truck you just bought?"

I tried the approach: Honey - I bought it for you.

BTW - it didn't work.

VXGirlie01
11/25/2008, 09:28 AM
"Is there a "how-to" on how to explain to your wife that you need to spend more money on the truck you just bought?"

I tried the approach: Honey - I bought it for you.

BTW - it didn't work.

hahaha! :luck:

this is what i would try....

tell her the modification is a "safety feature". :thumbup:

VX1032
11/26/2008, 11:52 AM

PittVXr Welcome to the boards. Don't let my handle fool you. I am running around the South Park area, though the VX stays in the garage mostly these days. You will LOVE driving the truck.

AshleyG
12/04/2008, 07:22 PM
Hey All Ive Had my Vx since Oct. 2008 found it in Nashville, TN, Im from Sothern IL, got alot of plans for it just havent got started yet. Its 99 Ironman White. I love it cant wait to buy another. Thiers only 2 in my town.

AshleyG
12/04/2008, 07:24 PM
And forgot first spotted one on Myspace, took 6 months to find out what it was, lol, and six month to find one for sale close to where I live.

Solitude
12/04/2008, 07:25 PM
Welcome.. We are a salty bunch but good hearted, good fine on the ironman,

AshleyG
12/05/2008, 02:10 PM
Well Thank Ya!!! Im hoping it s a good fine im having problems with the dims shorting out and windows out of track, and passenger boot being ripped, but all that is almost solved new axle and headlight, now its tackling new paint job and new rims and tires.

Solitude
12/05/2008, 02:22 PM
welcome.. there is a window fix thread that is awesome, the search function works well..sometimes you have to get creative in what you search for.. there is alot of info here for things you might be dealing with..

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11541&highlight=window+fix

again.. welcome
Jeff

AshleyG
12/05/2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks a bunch.

VCrossfan
12/06/2008, 05:38 AM
Hey All Ive Had my Vx since Oct. 2008 found it in Nashville, TN, Im from Sothern IL, got alot of plans for it just havent got started yet. Its 99 Ironman White. I love it cant wait to buy another. Thiers only 2 in my town.

Welcome AshleyG.. You live in Herrin Illinois now? If so my sister owns the Quiznos in Carterville.

VXGirlie01
12/06/2008, 09:23 PM
welcome ashley! glad to have some more ladies on the forum! :dance:

Doomer
12/06/2008, 10:35 PM
Hello all,
well, I finally took the plunge. I just acquired a 99 VX. I have loved these vehicles since I saw my first one in 99. However, we had just bought a Mitsubishi Montero Sport in 98, and my wife refused to get "upside down" in loans to get one.
I always let her pick the new vehicle, and I get the hand-me-down. She got a new Mini-Cooper S, and the Montero now has 167K on it, and she said I should get something used, but newer. I jumped on that! So as of today, I now have an Ironman White 99.
I didn't realize these things were so capable off-road. I just liked the looks, design, and innovation in it. Don't know if mine will get off-road too much. Who knows?
First money spent will be knocking off the rough edges and cleaning her up. It's in remarkably good shape though.
I intend to pull a light trailer with my Ninja on it occasionally. The bike is only 414 lbs. I noticed the owner's manual said not to pull a trailer. Surely the VX is hardy enough to pull that! I pulled it behind my Montero, only a 175 HP 3 liter V6 in it.
Does anyone have any experience pulling a light trailer, and will it do so OK? I reckon the VX will look stylin' pulling up to the racetrack with my Ninja behind it!
My wife has already threatened to "steal" my VX from me every now and then. I have a feeling she will enjoy it when we trailer my Ninja up to Arkansas. She always complained about driving the Montero around in the mountains while I was off riding. I think the VX will be infinitely more fun for her.
Glad to see a great forum community for such a great vehicle. Thanks for any input.
Robert

VXGirlie01
12/07/2008, 03:19 PM
welcome to the forum robert!

i know you'll be enjoying your vx for years to come!

~jody

johnnyapollo
12/07/2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Robert,

I've towed in excess of 5K lbs with the VX - except for a bit of scary braking, the VX did fine.

You shouldn't have any problems towing your bike.

-- John

dmdvzla
12/07/2008, 08:06 PM
Hello people! as you can see I am a newbie at vehicross.info. I am glad I found this forum. Well... I've always had some interest in the Vehicross ever since I saw one back in 2000. I felt they were very unique looking, but never had the chance to sit in one. I best friend liked them alot and he always used to talk to me about how nice it would be to own one. I am more of a sport's car king of guy, and always have owned unique high performance sport's cars and sport sedans. Recently I moved from Miami Fl to Boston Ma. and because of the winter here, I started to look for a nice SUV. A few months ago on my way to my house I saw a Black Vehicross at a local dealer. I kept telling my-self I had to stop someday to take a look at it and actually sit in it, but I kept postponing it. Finally about 3 weeks ago I went to see it...test drove it...and loved it. It felt like an SUV but at the same time been inside on those Recaro seats it just made me feel like I was in a sport's car. I am proud to say that now I am the owner of a 2001 Vehicross ebony black with black/red int. Turns out this beautyful machine was previously owned by a older lady (5? years old) for about 7 years. I contacted her and found out she always kept it serviced religiously. Now I am so into the Vehicross and this is the perfect place to learn more about it. Now I really am looking forward to the snow!!!

tom4bren
12/08/2008, 06:11 AM
Welcome newbies - you're gonna love the addiction.

AshleyG - Love your handle - it's the same that my daughter uses.

Doomer - Tow away. I tow a twin pack of SeaDoos or a SeaDoo Sportster quite a bit & both setups tow well. Remember the power switch is your friend. It changes the shift points on the tranny to something much better suited to towing.

dmdvzla - The VX handles nothing like a sportscar but it's so freakin fun to drive that you'll soon forget all about that ol' addiction in favor of the new.

Doomer
12/08/2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks Jody, John & Tom. Also welcome to fellow newbie DMDVZLA. Another thanks to IndianaVX...my VX has the "glazed" headlights (no, not my eyes after seeing the VX). I intend to set to polishing them up this week with the tip posted here.
I have the feeling this will be first of many hours "gussying" the girl up. I also have the window problem and will order a set of the aluminium brackets in the future.
Enjoy the ride....
living and riding on a knee.....Robert

AshleyG
12/08/2008, 02:29 PM
Welcome AshleyG.. You live in Herrin Illinois now? If so my sister owns the Quiznos in Carterville.

Awsome thats one of my favorite places to go to around this lil ol town.

AshleyG
12/08/2008, 02:31 PM
welcome ashley! glad to have some more ladies on the forum! :dance:

Oh yea "Heres to the LADY's".

Ldub
12/08/2008, 03:48 PM
Oh yea "Heres to the LADY's".

I drink to that...:_beer:

Welcome to all the new folks!

isaac65
12/10/2008, 02:54 PM
Hey y'all! I just joined the club by taking RobVX's 2001 ebony black VX off his hands. I've always wanted one of these but never really thought I'd ever actually own one. Well, it was time for me to look for a new ride and decided to do some investigating. After looking at several others that were not in the condition I was looking for (I'm used to taking really good care of my cars and like to have them looking "like new") I came across Rob's VX. Man, he really took care of that thing. It actually looks "like new". At least it's now in the hands of someone who will love it as much as he did instead of it going to someone that won't appreciate it.
Anyway, look forward to sharing VX experiences with all of you on here.

VCrossfan
12/10/2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome Isaac65, from Illinois

VCrossfan
12/10/2008, 03:54 PM
Awsome thats one of my favorite places to go to around this lil ol town.

COOL. Ask for Diana ( my sis ) tell her what your driving, she'll get a kick out of it. She loves the VX styling

AshleyG
12/10/2008, 07:20 PM
Will do!!!!

TRUSFJ40
12/16/2008, 08:51 AM
:o HI, I JUST PURCHASED MY VEHICROSS BACK IN AUGUST OF THIS YEAR. I TRULY LIKE THE VEHICLE, BUT OF COURSE AFTER MY 3 MONTH WARRANTY HAD RUN OUT. I HAVE WET FLOORS AND MY ABS CONTROL UNIT IS OUT. MY MAIN CONCERN IS WITH THE WET FLOORS. I'VE READ SEVERAL THREADS ON THE SUBJECT WITH SEVERAL LIKELY CAUSES. BUT NOTHING DEFINITE. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS SUBJECT. I'VE CALLED MY LOCAL DEALER AND ALSO ISUZU OF AMERICA WITH NO RESULTS. JUST DON'T KNOW. NEED PICS IF ANY SHOWING LOCATION AND FIX SOLUTION.

THANKING WHOMEVER IN ADVANCE

tom4bren
12/16/2008, 10:46 AM
TRUFJ40,

Welcome to the addiction.

Put your question in a new thread, it'll get lost here & no one will respond.

I seem to remember a thread about your problem a long time ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Tom

Try this:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14090&highlight=floor

Marlin
12/19/2008, 05:07 PM
I fell in love with the Vx in 2000 when I saw my first one on Norfolk, Va. It was way out of my range then. Now that I am older, and have convinced the wife I can get what I want, I am looking for a Vx. I am willing to commute for one, I found one in Georgia, but he wants 8k for a 99 ironman with about 120K miles, that seems high to me. I am willing to go as far as Ohio from SC to get one. Just figured this would be the best place to start. I currently have an 07 expedition with lift and 33" procomps AT extremes, but its too big and heavy to really do anything with. A Vx would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gussie2000
12/19/2008, 05:16 PM
I fell in love with the Vx in 2000 when I saw my first one on Norfolk, Va. It was way out of my range then. Now that I am older, and have convinced the wife I can get what I want, I am looking for a Vx. I am willing to commute for one, I found one in Georgia, but he wants 8k for a 99 ironman with about 120K miles, that seems high to me. I am willing to go as far as Ohio from SC to get one. Just figured this would be the best place to start. I currently have an 07 expedition with lift and 33" procomps AT extremes, but its too big and heavy to really do anything with. A Vx would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi !

If you want check the ebay.com web site.

There's few Vx's for sale at reasonable prices.one shall be close to your location ;)

haggisgood
12/19/2008, 08:38 PM
Greetings and thanks for the opportunity to join the group.
Purchased a 2000 w/ 72k down in Pacific Beach last Saturday..
Had been looking at Troopers but decided to spend a little more and get the VX! What can I say.. just had it a week.. damn rain most of the week.. then locked keys in car .. learning about the rear door.. oops.. Tow Truck guy opened vehicle in 1..2.. well 2 seconds is about accurate..
Had to squeeze my fat *** into the back to get the keys.. damn thats a tight fit.. almost blew a fuse of my own!! :eek:
Spent about an hour today cleaning.. well dont know what the dealer used for the lower body.. what product works without fading in 5 mins?..
Ok well.. anyone in San Diego area should see me around.. I live up in Kearny Mesa..
Thanks again!
Haggis

Gussie2000
12/19/2008, 09:04 PM
:o HI, I JUST PURCHASED MY VEHICROSS BACK IN AUGUST OF THIS YEAR. I TRULY LIKE THE VEHICLE, BUT OF COURSE AFTER MY 3 MONTH WARRANTY HAD RUN OUT. I HAVE WET FLOORS AND MY ABS CONTROL UNIT IS OUT. MY MAIN CONCERN IS WITH THE WET FLOORS. I'VE READ SEVERAL THREADS ON THE SUBJECT WITH SEVERAL LIKELY CAUSES. BUT NOTHING DEFINITE. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME WITH THIS SUBJECT. I'VE CALLED MY LOCAL DEALER AND ALSO ISUZU OF AMERICA WITH NO RESULTS. JUST DON'T KNOW. NEED PICS IF ANY SHOWING LOCATION AND FIX SOLUTION.

THANKING WHOMEVER IN ADVANCE

PitViper had the same issue,they figured out that it was a broken seal gasket related to the AC system

You may also have the same problem,Check all sealing rubbers.

I don't know for sure if the vents between the hood & the windshield can be the cause.don't disregard any possibility

Gussie2000
12/19/2008, 09:06 PM
Had been looking at Troopers but decided to spend a little more and get the VX! What can I say.. just had it a week.. damn rain most of the week.. then locked keys in car .. learning about the rear door.. oops.. Tow Truck guy opened vehicle in 1..2.. well 2 seconds is about accurate..
Had to squeeze my fat *** into the back to get the keys.. damn thats a tight fit.. almost blew a fuse of my own!! :eek:
Spent about an hour today cleaning.. well dont know what the dealer used for the lower body.. what product works without fading in 5 mins?..
Ok well.. anyone in San Diego area should see me around.. I live up in Kearny Mesa..
Thanks again!
Haggis

Hi,glad to know you found the VX you always wanted.All i got to is........ENJOY IT !:)

JoFotoz
12/19/2008, 09:43 PM
Hey Haggis....nice to see another San Diego VX'er!

Are ya a Scot too......lets meet for some Irn Bru !

Was this the Ebony for sale at Millenium Motos on Garnet?

jo

TheGanzman
12/19/2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks again!
Haggis

Haggis - Congrats - you bought that one out from under me, LOL! I called Bill last Monday to arrange to ride down from Dana Point, and he said he sold it over the weekend! Man, I WANTED that one! Good news is that I found an '01 Ebony in IL - FLA vehicle that the guy's had for 3 years and BABIED the hell out of; 76K miles, stone stock. My buddy is going up tomorrow to put a DP on it; don't know WHEN I'll get it back to Dana Point, but he'll store it in his Mom's carport in the interim. We'll have to get 'em together for a photo shoot sometime! BTW, when you get a chance, take a close look at your brake/gas pedals, and PM me with the make, if it's got 'em listed - I want to get a set for mine!

Sprey
12/26/2008, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone ,

Aaron here from New Zealand, Discovered this forum quite some time ago , but never had a vx so once i got my hands on one it was time to say hello :D

I ended up getting a Teal 98 Vx , Japan import, only done 111,000km, still has all the japanese vx features like backing camera with origional headunit,

One thing it didnt escape is the usual cladding fade,

ended up getting some Mothers Naturaly black for it, so far ending up real nice havent quite finished it yet tho.

Heres some pics of it

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/IMG_0729.jpg
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk404/sprey16/IMG_0733.jpg

MrsSnowtrooper
12/26/2008, 11:27 PM
Hey everyone. Well I am new to the group and fairly new to the VX vehicle. My husband (snowtrooper1966) has one and I will admit when I first saw it I nearly died laughing. After driving it though, all my laughing stopped and I immediately fell in love with the vehicle. I drive his VX more than I drive my crappy truck and look forward to one day owning one of my own.

snowtrooper1966
12/27/2008, 08:36 AM
Wecome, baby!
My evil machinations are coming to fruition!
Now if we can just find you a Foxfire that we can afford.....
Best,

kodiak
12/27/2008, 11:39 AM
Cool!! Welcome MrsSnowtrooper!:clap:

Solitude
12/27/2008, 05:34 PM
There is a foxfire on ebay at the moment.. hint hint

snowtrooper1966
12/27/2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks, Solitude...
I was trying to keep that secret...
I told her that low milage Foxfires where harder to come by than Dragons. Now she'll never let up!;)

Solitude
12/27/2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks, Solitude...
I was trying to keep that secret...
I told her that low milage Foxfires where harder to come by than Dragons. Now she'll never let up!;)

umm.... oops

snowtrooper1966
12/27/2008, 07:49 PM
No problem;)
I can let a fellow Dragon rider slide!
Best,

designs07
12/27/2008, 10:10 PM
I bought my Ironman back in March this year 2008. Funny story actually. I was up in seaside working a job, stayed in this sumpy little motel. In the front of the motel sat my future car my ESUV. At the time i didnt think anything of it for my self. Rather, my girlfriend had just had a really bad accident the previous month so naturally I called fer first and told what I saw and the smokin price on it. She was'nt ready to make any purchase at that time so I called her mother to see if she would like to take advantage of this deal. NOPE! still no takers! Not quite a week had gone bye when I drove back up to seaside and purchased the VX that I now love to drive and BOY! do I love the attention that it has brought over these months that I have had it. FUN FUN FUN!!!! And so far everyone has commented good things about it :cool:. I have had people come up to me and ask if I was selling it, people come to me asking to see the inside, asked me for rides etc... especially when I have stopped at stores or rest areas. And it hasnt gotten old yet. Oh yeah the classic question "Did you win that in the Ironman compitition" thats the one I get the most of . Other Ironman owners can feel me there.

VXGirlie01
12/28/2008, 03:06 PM
welcome to all of our new vx'ers! :dance:

Sprey
12/28/2008, 06:37 PM
Cheers for the welcome.

been checking out the galley definitly some awesome vx's in there :D:bgwb:

don moore
12/29/2008, 12:39 AM
good to see you made it on here designs07 :).....welcome to the crazys

AussieVX
01/03/2009, 07:05 PM
Went shopping for something 'sensible' (RAV4, Forester) and saw the VX. One of 25 in Australia I think.... had to have it!! No more mundane cars!! Looking forward to learning about it...

Ldub
01/04/2009, 12:53 PM
welcome to all of our new vx'ers! :dance:

Yep-yup...WELCOME to all y'all new kids!...:thumbup:

PK
01/04/2009, 03:17 PM
Went shopping for something 'sensible' (RAV4, Forester) and saw the VX. One of 25 in Australia I think.... had to have it!! No more mundane cars!! Looking forward to learning about it...

Welcome AussieVX.
Good to know another Aussie is lurking on this site.
If you ever come to Tassie, let me know.
Would love to see a few VX's trundling down the street.

PK

ironman99
01/08/2009, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone, I am the happy owner of a 99 Ironman as the name implies.

I first saw the VX at the movie theaters in the movie "mission to mars" oh so many years ago. I went home looked up the weird vehicle I saw on the big screen, fell in love with it and I decided then that I must own one.
I was 16 or 17 at that time so I wasn't going to be buying one any time soon. 7 years later (I bought it at the end of 07) I found my self in the position to finally buy the car of my dreams. I found mine for $9800 with 94k miles at a small dealership in New Braunfels, TX. I drove it once, and I was not disappointed in any way.

I look forward to spending time on this online VX community to talk more about our experiences with this amazing Vehicle…

kodiak
01/09/2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome ironman99. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.;)

Scott Harness
01/09/2009, 11:21 AM
Hello everyone, I am the happy owner of a 99 Ironman as the name implies.

I first saw the VX at the movie theaters in the movie "mission to mars" oh so many years ago. I went home looked up the weird vehicle I saw on the big screen, fell in love with it and I decided then that I must own one.
I was 16 or 17 at that time so I wasn't going to be buying one any time soon. 7 years later (I bought it at the end of 07) I found my self in the position to finally buy the car of my dreams. I found mine for $9800 with 94k miles at a small dealership in New Braunfels, TX. I drove it once, and I was not disappointed in any way.

I look forward to spending time on this online VX community to talk more about our experiences with this amazing Vehicle…
Welcome,lots of active TX owners on here.

tomdietrying
01/09/2009, 11:25 AM
As so many here might say, ''Welcome to the addiction!''
Peace.
Tom

lasturbo
01/09/2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the fam!!!!:bwgy:

crotchrocket
01/14/2009, 01:56 AM
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm James from London, UK. I bumped into a picture of a vehicross when looking for a v8 defender as a fun run around and weekend of roader, i must say i relly like it and i'm looking to buy one now.

I would worry about parts though as its only an import here, is it right that they are trooper based? and therfore parts are the same? what about running gear / electrical components? Also any thing to watch out for when looking at a second hand one, mileage etc?

Hope my sig is ok? i imported it from another forum i use, if its too big let me know!

Oh and i need to find somwhere to get a suspension lift and some BIG matt black wheels from as soon as i purchase one :D

THanks !!

nfpgasmask
01/14/2009, 08:34 AM
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum! If you use the search function, I think you will find all the info you need. There are a lot of things to look for when buying used, and the parts question always comes up as well.

Hope my sig is ok? i imported it from another forum i use, if its too big let me know!

It is a little on the big and obnoxious side...:p :rolleyes: But cool, my brother has a Z.

Oh and i need to find somwhere to get a suspension lift and some BIG matt black wheels from as soon as i purchase one :D

You mean like these?

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/gascans.jpg

Good luck in your search for a VX!

:) Bart

kodiak
01/14/2009, 11:22 AM
Hay, nice Z crotchrocket. They’re pretty common here in the US, but I don’t think there’s very many in the UK. It look’s really good. You’re a perfect candidate for a VX if you can keep a 300ZX TT looking that awesome. You’re right the VX shares a lot of parts with the trooper, and it shares a designer with the 350Z.:p

crotchrocket
01/14/2009, 02:55 PM
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum! If you use the search function, I think you will find all the info you need. There are a lot of things to look for when buying used, and the parts question always comes up as well.

It is a little on the big and obnoxious side...:p :rolleyes: But cool, my brother has a Z.

You mean like these?

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/mods/gascans.jpg

Good luck in your search for a VX!

:) Bart

Thanks mate, how strange, i've looked at pics of your VX loads in the last few days!! Looks awesome!!

crotchrocket
01/14/2009, 02:56 PM
Hay, nice Z crotchrocket. They’re pretty common here in the US, but I don’t think there’s very many in the UK. It look’s really good. You’re a perfect candidate for a VX if you can keep a 300ZX TT looking that awesome. You’re right the VX shares a lot of parts with the trooper, and it shares a designer with the 350Z.:p

THanks, i love the Z, best not say i have a smart car too :eek: might not be allowed back :bwgy:

Didn't realise the guy designed the 350z, !!

So-CalVX
01/15/2009, 02:50 PM
sorry... someone jumped on here while i was in the can

how do u delete posts?

So-CalVX
01/15/2009, 02:50 PM
welcome all the new members :)

kodiak
01/15/2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like someone is messing around with So-CalVX account.:_huh:

Mike24612
01/15/2009, 07:31 PM
I had my VX for 2 years now and done nothing to it .It's a 2000 red foxfire with 49,000 on it. Since i been browsing this site I have done ordered wheels tire and a lift. You guys (and gals) have already ruined me!!! Great site!!

taylorRichie
01/15/2009, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the party... I've had a VX for less than a year, and this site ruined me before I even owned it.

In the first week I bought my VX I purchased $2500 worth of wheels and $1500 worth of liftage. Not to mention I just purchased the vehicle... ouch! ;)

But no regrets :D

and Foxfire is a cool rare color!

Sprey
01/15/2009, 10:20 PM
Welcome !

CIAUS
01/16/2009, 01:20 AM
That's my second VX JDM, White at this time :), First time I saw it in a some magazine with a concept cars in 1999, And now it is mine :)!!! Also previous owner was a real maniac and maid a lot of tuning/styling =)

The startrooper parked near my office =) cool ...

crotchrocket
01/16/2009, 01:20 AM
hahaha...you wait till you go to meets and see other cars!!!! My Z was standard before i went to my first Z meet!!!

kodiak
01/16/2009, 12:03 PM
Cool VX! You need to post some pix of that little beast. Was the front cladding completely replaced? :thumbup:

That's my second VX JDM, White at this time :), First time I saw it in a some magazine with a concept cars in 1999, And now it is mine :)!!! Also previous owner was a real maniac and maid a lot of tuning/styling =)

The startrooper parked near my office =) cool ...

CIAUS
01/18/2009, 02:36 AM
Cool VX! You need to post some pix of that little beast. Was the front cladding completely replaced? :thumbup:

there is a pics http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14815

front cladding was maid like a shelter based on the stock bumper.

CIAUS
01/18/2009, 02:43 AM
hahaha...you wait till you go to meets and see other cars!!!! My Z was standard before i went to my first Z meet!!!

Ya, I'm shre :) but in our club (http://forum.4x4club.ru/index.php?showforum=22) offroad tuning prefered, but I like a sporty style:)

10spro
01/23/2009, 08:18 PM
Hello fello VXer's,I had wanted one of these for several years and I finally bought a used 99 last year.I do really love this vehicle. Mine is Silver and I have added a Reese tow hitch, DVD/MP3player with a backup camera.Also Sony Exploid 6x9's in the rear(modifications were required) and 6.5's in the door.The stereo sounds better than any I have ever heard. I have the usual passenger window problems and the occasional rough idle problems but overall I am very proud of the VX.

VCrossfan
01/24/2009, 03:36 AM
Hello fello VXer's,I had wanted one of these for several years and I finally bought a used 99 last year.I do really love this vehicle. Mine is Silver and I have added a Reese tow hitch, DVD/MP3player with a backup camera.Also Sony Exploid 6x9's in the rear(modifications were required) and 6.5's in the door.The stereo sounds better than any I have ever heard. I have the usual passenger window problems and the occasional rough idle problems but overall I am very proud of the VX.

Welcome, Cool user name... :thumbup:

kodiak
01/24/2009, 01:13 PM
Welcome 10spro!! It’s amazing how many new VXer’s have joined over the past month. I can’t wait for Moab.:thumbup:

Hol_VX
01/24/2009, 05:35 PM
HI EVERYONE!! I'm the new girl. My name is Hollie and I am 17 yrs old. I am a senior in High School. VXMAN is my Dad and he is helping me get my very own VX!! I am joining the Air Force in Sept.and will be training to become a Military Police Officer. I have always wanted to join the Force. I would like to become a Park Ranger ( a VX would really come in handy!) I have a cute little Mutt named Lexus and an amazing Family! I fell in love with the VX when my Dad brought his home. ( He doesn't have one anymore though). When I get mine he'll be asking me if HE can drive MY car. :p I love how that works out.
I want to thank evryone for welcoming me to the VX Fam!

Hol...

Triathlete
01/24/2009, 07:27 PM
Welcome! Maybe you can talk dad into a graduation/pre-AF trip to Moab:naughty:

Anita
01/24/2009, 07:35 PM
HI EVERYONE!! I'm the new girl. My name is Hollie and I am 17 yrs old. I am a senior in High School. VXMAN is my Dad and he is helping me get my very own VX!! I am joining the Air Force in Sept.and will be training to become a Military Police Officer. I have always wanted to join the Force. I would like to become a Park Ranger ( a VX would really come in handy!) I have a cute little Mutt named Lexus and an amazing Family! I fell in love with the VX when my Dad brought his home. ( He doesn't have one anymore though). When I get mine he'll be asking me if HE can drive MY car. :p I love how that works out.
I want to thank evryone for welcoming me to the VX Fam!

Hol...

I had the priviledge of meeting your dad years ago... does he still have the mustang? Best of luck finding that perfect VX. Tell your dad, anita said hello!

Hol_VX
01/25/2009, 12:41 PM
I had the priviledge of meeting your dad years ago... does he still have the mustang? Best of luck finding that perfect VX. Tell your dad, anita said hello!

My Dad says hello as well. He doesn't have the mustang anymore. He got rid of that after a year and got a SAAB 9-3 Aero. He had that for about a year and now he has a pick-up, you know boys and their toys, they get bored real easily. :p My Dad wanted me to ask you if you've smoked any good cigars lately? I'm looking forward to joining the family, and when I get my own VX, I would love to go to Moab or Pennsylvania with everyone!!

Hol...

Hol_VX
01/25/2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome! Maybe you can talk dad into a graduation/pre-AF trip to Moab:naughty:

THANKS!! I am working on that. I would love to get together over the summer and go to Moab with everyone. I have always wanted to go off-roading. I asked my dad to take me when he had his but he never did, and I have not let him live that down. Now he's gunna have to suffer with me behind the wheel!:evil:

pbkid
01/25/2009, 01:52 PM
THANKS!! I am working on that. I would love to get together over the summer and go to Moab with everyone. I have always wanted to go off-roading. I asked my dad to take me when he had his but he never did, and I have not let him live that down. Now he's gunna have to suffer with me behind the wheel!:evil:

you definately need to make it out to moab....its amazing and so much fun....

Hol_VX
01/25/2009, 02:50 PM
you definately need to make it out to moab....its amazing and so much fun....

Let me know when a bunch of people are talking about going and I'll talk to my Dad. Although I do have to get a VX first. I looked at a very nice one today but it's alittle out of my price range.:sighr: I'm still shopping but I hope to have one very soon!

Triathlete
01/25/2009, 03:31 PM
Let me know when a bunch of people are talking about going and I'll talk to my Dad. Although I do have to get a VX first. I looked at a very nice one today but it's alittle out of my price range.:sighr: I'm still shopping but I hope to have one very soon!

Here you go! (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13478):bwgy:

Anita
01/25/2009, 09:50 PM
My Dad says hello as well. He doesn't have the mustang anymore. He got rid of that after a year and got a SAAB 9-3 Aero. He had that for about a year and now he has a pick-up, you know boys and their toys, they get bored real easily. :p My Dad wanted me to ask you if you've smoked any good cigars lately? I'm looking forward to joining the family, and when I get my own VX, I would love to go to Moab or Pennsylvania with everyone!!

Hol...

Ha, dont smoke 'em as often as I once did... the hubby and I found a connection to cuban romeo and juliettas though....very very nice!! shhhhhh:_drool:

VXMAN
01/26/2009, 09:29 AM
Ha, dont smoke 'em as often as I once did... the hubby and I found a connection to cuban romeo and juliettas though....very very nice!! shhhhhh:_drool:

Anita, old friend, you are going to Share, right? Good to hear from you. My daugther is so excited about getting her own VX. She has Never let me live down, selling mine. It will be strange for me to see another VX in the driveway and know it's not mine! Of course, I know she'll let me drive it, once-in-a-whlie, right HOLLIE. :confused:

Dave...

Hol_VX
01/26/2009, 10:28 AM
Anita, old friend, you are going to Share, right? Good to hear from you. My daugther is so excited about getting her own VX. She has Never let me live down, selling mine. It will be strange for me to see another VX in the driveway and know it's not mine! Of course, I know she'll let me drive it, once-in-a-whlie, right HOLLIE. :confused:

Dave...

Of coruse I will ;).... If I am not using it. :p

crager34
01/26/2009, 10:32 AM
Hey HOL VX.... welcome. Lok in my gallery and see if anything there sparks a memory or two.

answer - I bought your dads VX

kodiak
01/26/2009, 03:04 PM
Welcome! You need to come to Moab in May and get some free off road lessens.:cool: So what color VX you looking for Hollie?

Hol_VX
01/26/2009, 04:45 PM
Welcome! You need to come to Moab in May and get some free off road lessens.:cool: So what color VX you looking for Hollie?

I actually just confirmed a deal. She's a BEAUTY!!! Black, with red and black interior and she's in great condition!! I would love some lessons, however Moab might be a little too far away for me. I was thinking about Pennsylvania. I hear it's fun!! But I will try and talk my dad into Moab. I am looking forward to it either way. :yesb:

etlsport
01/26/2009, 06:12 PM
I actually just confirmed a deal. She's a BEAUTY!!! Black, with red and black interior and she's in great condition!! I would love some lessons, however Moab might be a little too far away for me. I was thinking about Pennsylvania. I hear it's fun!! But I will try and talk my dad into Moab. I am looking forward to it either way. :yesb:

:thumbup: congrats.. yea keep an eye out, over the weekend there was a lot of talk about getting more vxs together for a run in the spring.. either at rausch creek (central pa) or at beaver run in western pa where we just were over the last weekend.. i think that i like rausch creek a little better as far as trails.. but beaver run better when it comes to the people and our ability to have an experienced trail guide (although i havent seen beaver run under the foot of snow that was there)

Hol_VX
01/27/2009, 08:04 PM
I FINALLY HAVE MY VERY OWN VX!!!!:dance:

My parents picked her up today and brought her to my work! I walked out the back after my shift ended and there she was!! I was speechless and yes, I'll admit, I got a little teary-eyed. :mbrasd: It was a great surprise! Although I can't drive her again till Monday (I need the title still) I am glad to call her my own.

And I can't wait to see what she can do off the road!:naughty:
:_beer:

VCrossfan
01/27/2009, 08:32 PM
I FINALLY HAVE MY VERY OWN VX!!!!:dance:

My parents picked her up today and brought her to my work! I walked out the back after my shift ended and there she was!! I was speechless and yes, I'll admit, I got a little teary-eyed. :mbrasd: It was a great surprise! Although I can't drive her again till Monday (I need the title still) I am glad to call her my own.

And I can't wait to see what she can do off the road!:naughty:
:_beer:

That's great to hear. You know where to come for any/all info you might need. And the main thing is to DRIVE IT, and enjoy it every day....

Rodeo Rider
02/02/2009, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site. I don't own a VX yet but I've been searching! Currently I drive a 2001 Rodeo Sport that I bought new off the showroom floor. Just over 248k now and running strong. I'm having a tought time finding what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a 2001 Kaiser Silver or Ebony Black with 40k or less. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

kodiak
02/03/2009, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site. I don't own a VX yet but I've been searching! Currently I drive a 2001 Rodeo Sport that I bought new off the showroom floor. Just over 248k now and running strong. I'm having a tought time finding what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a 2001 Kaiser Silver or Ebony Black with 40k or less. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

The chance you’ll fine one close is pretty slim. Most of us had to travel to another state to fined what we were looking for. There’s a nice Ebony on eBay that’s in IL.;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Ebony-Black-Exterior-with-Black-Red-Interior_W0QQitemZ200305027399QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20T rucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?h ash=item200305027399&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

TheGanzman
02/07/2009, 11:40 AM

Here's one that's not too far away:

http://www.vehix.com/inventory/usedCarsVehicleDetails.aspx?zip=62226&make=Isuzu&model=VehiCROSS&year=2001&inventoryid=77000001384c3b&cid=68

The guy's name is James. He's a GREAT guy. A car buddy of mine went to look at this one for me about 6 weeks ago; it's in REALLY nice shape for the mileage. The guy waxes it every month, it doesn't use any oil, and the interior is like new. It's been stored in a carport since he's owned it, and it came from the southeast...

If you buy it, how 'bout selling me the luggage rack off of it for $350 as my "finder's fee"...:smilewink

r-r-rx7
02/12/2009, 05:50 AM
Hello everyone,

Im Costas and trying to find a VX.. any things i should consider before i buy one?

Thanks

pbkid
02/12/2009, 09:48 AM
"Nice to know you are interested in the mighty VX.

The isuzu vehicross is one of the must powerfull PUV (performance utility vehicule) its off roading capabilities are way over any jeep you may drove in the past & perfomance on the highway is outstanding.

The engine is a 3.5L DOHC with 215 horsepower & 230 at 3000 RPM.

The transmmission comes with a self-controlled PCM (power control module) called TOD (torque on demand) that's capable of "reading" the road's condition ahead thanks to it's 12 speed sensors located at all the wheels.

Capable of going 0-60 bit less then 8 seconds with engine in stock conditions,few VX's has been "supercharged"

The interior is all leather,the VX came in two tones colors, the red/black & black/grey depending on the year;The seats are recaro brand

Another great feature the VX came with is its supension,very tough & bumpie,but thanks to the four anti-heat gas shocks,same ones use in motorcross,the VX is capable of doing stuffs that other SUV's would stay away from.

The VX was limited produced,from 1999 to 2001 for the US market,about 4000 of them,so because of this limited amount the lack of avalaible parts are one of the common issues,much more on body parts,although the VX shares parts from SUV cousins rodeo & trooper regarding the 3.5L engine.

concerns:
The 3.5L engine suffers oil burning issues,not on all of them,but is a very common issue,so the best solution for this is to keep a close eye on the oil pressure,most of us check the engine every time we filled up the tank,especially if you commute a lot of miles every week.It's highly recommended to use synthetic oil,the most common brand : MOBIL 1 another one is the AMSOIL,which ever you choose to use got to be synthetic for the VX's engine sake.

All the rest of lubricants,such as T-case,transmmision & differentials are highly recommended to change on manufacturer's schedule.

The poly or plastic cladding that surrounds the VX's lower body shall be taking care of as often as you can,using UV protecting products to avoind fading,also the hood instert should be taking care off.

there's so much info about how to keep up-to-date your VX that's impossible to miss any topic you are interested off.

You can expect a lot of inputs from members around the US,even from australia,new zealand,russia & england.

Again,hope to see you become a member,believe me,once you test drove a VX you'll feel the bite that poisoned all of us & got addicted "

hope you dont mind that i jacked your quote gussie....

crotchrocket
02/12/2009, 09:51 AM
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome aboard! ! ! ! ! !

Gussie2000
02/12/2009, 04:50 PM
"Nice to know you are interested in the mighty VX.

The isuzu vehicross is one of the must powerfull PUV (performance utility vehicule) its off roading capabilities are way over any jeep you may drove in the past & perfomance on the highway is outstanding.

The engine is a 3.5L DOHC with 215 horsepower & 230 at 3000 RPM.

The transmmission comes with a self-controlled PCM (power control module) called TOD (torque on demand) that's capable of "reading" the road's condition ahead thanks to it's 12 speed sensors located at all the wheels.

Capable of going 0-60 bit less then 8 seconds with engine in stock conditions,few VX's has been "supercharged"

The interior is all leather,the VX came in two tones colors, the red/black & black/grey depending on the year;The seats are recaro brand

Another great feature the VX came with is its supension,very tough & bumpie,but thanks to the four anti-heat gas shocks,same ones use in motorcross,the VX is capable of doing stuffs that other SUV's would stay away from.

The VX was limited produced,from 1999 to 2001 for the US market,about 4000 of them,so because of this limited amount the lack of avalaible parts are one of the common issues,much more on body parts,although the VX shares parts from SUV cousins rodeo & trooper regarding the 3.5L engine.

concerns:
The 3.5L engine suffers oil burning issues,not on all of them,but is a very common issue,so the best solution for this is to keep a close eye on the oil pressure,most of us check the engine every time we filled up the tank,especially if you commute a lot of miles every week.It's highly recommended to use synthetic oil,the most common brand : MOBIL 1 another one is the AMSOIL,which ever you choose to use got to be synthetic for the VX's engine sake.

All the rest of lubricants,such as T-case,transmmision & differentials are highly recommended to change on manufacturer's schedule.

The poly or plastic cladding that surrounds the VX's lower body shall be taking care of as often as you can,using UV protecting products to avoind fading,also the hood instert should be taking care off.

there's so much info about how to keep up-to-date your VX that's impossible to miss any topic you are interested off.

You can expect a lot of inputs from members around the US,even from australia,new zealand,russia & england.

Again,hope to see you become a member,believe me,once you test drove a VX you'll feel the bite that poisoned all of us & got addicted "

hope you dont mind that i jacked your quote gussie....

Not at all my friend :)

Gussie2000
02/12/2009, 04:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Im Costas and trying to find a VX.. any things i should consider before i buy one?

Thanks

Hey R-R-RX 7 !

I live in queens,where a you ?

There's a 2001 black ebony VX for sale in wyndmoor,PA with 75K for 10k.

The add can be found at cars.com

The guy's name is howard ( 215 233 3532 )

He claims the VX is in good conditions

r-r-rx7
02/12/2009, 05:43 PM
Im in elmhurst Queens.

I saw a black one in ditmars a few days ago. i stayed there looking at it like a retard, the guy must have thought "whats wrong with this fella" lol hehehe

I saw the one in PA.. not saying its not a good car but i cant afford that much

Having a huge project almost ready (in the 800hp range) im unable to spend that much.

I have seen several VXs ranging from 5.5k and more .. thats my price range.. i dont mind if it needs some maintenance as i can take care of that myself as long as the chassis is not damaged(not willing to rebuild gearbox or engine either:P)

pbkid
02/12/2009, 06:10 PM
Im in elmhurst Queens.

I saw a black one in ditmars a few days ago. i stayed there looking at it like a retard, the guy must have thought "whats wrong with this fella" lol hehehe

Having a huge project almost ready (in the 800hp range) im unable to spend that much.

I have seen several VXs ranging from 5.5k and more .. thats my price range.. i dont mind if it needs some maintenance as i can take care of that myself as long as the chassis is not damaged(not willing to rebuild gearbox or engine either:P)

judging by your name its the rx-7 is the powerhouse your building???

r-r-rx7
02/12/2009, 07:52 PM
yeap, but not an rx7 u can get in the US... a special edition only available in japan

r-r-rx7
02/12/2009, 08:27 PM
concerns:

I suppose they all share some weak parts. what would those be? Piston rings?
Any engine treatment STP doesnt help ?

pbkid
02/12/2009, 09:27 PM
im not really positive what exactly goes wrong...but when mine blew the mechanic told me that i broke a rod bearing or something like that...i know another member who just blew theirs blew the rod through the oil pan....
i would love to see a pic of your rx.....i love those cars they are @(*#ing amazing...

KeithVXlvr
02/13/2009, 11:35 AM
Hello all,

I am Keith from Portland, OR. Looking for a VX and think I have found one. Hopefully going to fly to it and check it out, then drive it home if all is well.

I have been told the drivers window is having some trouble -- no biggy as the fixes are easy and cheap. And there is a broken plastic rear cladding (Isuzu dealer has one here for @ $400.00.)

When I am looking at it, what are the big things to look out for??

Thanks, Keith

DocZ
02/16/2009, 11:43 AM
Greetings
bought a Proton this weekend was damaged on driver front side pulled out the core and now working on getting parts this proton has 86K on it a supertrapp rear and some kind of funky muffler after the cats/Y pipe has a jammed CD and busted air box will need driver headlight bumper cover fender etc. will be looking for rack and other stuff along the way any suggestions on aftermarked aircleaner set up would be also appreciated.Preiuosly own many rigs had a 99 Grand vitara stick chipped rear ring gear decided to sell
have had a bunch of Fiat 124 series cars other 4x4 is a f350 crew FX4 dually.
DocZ

samneil2000
02/19/2009, 07:47 AM
Hi All, Sam here...

I just purchased a silver 99 that should be here tomorrow. I haven't seen it, so I'm anxious. I live about 40 miles north of Memphis TN and work in Memphis. I don't believe I have ever seen a VX on the road here. If I have, it has been a long time and doesn't happen often. So I'm sure it will be a head turner.

I'm a little nervous about the engine issues people keep mentioning. The VX I purchased has 109K miles on it, and I'm hoping there are more miles to be had before I have to rebuild/replace.

I have been reading a lot of the lifting threads on this page, and will be adding the OME springs and cranking the torsion bars as soon as possible. Otherwise, not too many changes while I try to rebuild my checking account.

My daily driver is a 2003 Ford Escape FWD with about 128K miles and no problems. My brother is a Ford mechanic, and he might slap me for buying an Isuzu, or at least refuse to help me wrench on it. ha

Peace

MSHardeman
02/19/2009, 08:06 AM
Sam,

Welcome to the family. I lived in Memphis for a few years, and still have a lot of friends there. It's a great town and getting better all the time.

The threads on engine failure can be a little scary, but if you stay on top of your oil consumption you shouldn't have any problems. There are members on here with many more miles on their VX than yours has, and they haven't had any problems. Just make sure to check your oil EVERY time you fill the gas tank and she'll probably get another 100k miles.

I haven't seen any Tennessee VX owners on here, but a quick member search might reveal some. Most of us are pretty isolated in our VX ownership so enjoy the heads you'll turn and the questions you'll get asked.

See you around the site (and Moab in May if you can swing it:bgwb:)

Mark

vesh53
02/19/2009, 11:41 AM
...and so it begins, this addiction to all things VX!
Is there a cure?

I hope not.

Greetings and salutations fellow addicts. I was smitten several years ago when I first spied a VX parked on the street. But it was not until recently that I had the opportunity to actually procure said object of desire. Three weeks ago I purchased a white 1999 IronMan and am enjoying getting to know the rig. I live in snow country up a steep drive that my VX negotiates with verve, and I am in love.

After lurking for the past 3 Weeks, I did my duty and made a contribution to this valuable site today. Thanks for sharing your collective knowledge. I'm not a true "gear head" but will use the site to do my best to keep my rig in top running order, per your postings etc.
Peace...

Ldub
02/19/2009, 11:49 AM
...and so it begins, this addiction to all things VX!
Is there a cure?

I hope not.

Greetings and salutations fellow addicts. I was smitten several years ago when I first spied a VX parked on the street. But it was not until recently that I had the opportunity to actually procure said object of desire. Three weeks ago I purchased a white 1999 IronMan and am enjoying getting to know the rig. I live in snow country up a steep drive that my VX negotiates with verve, and I am in love.

After lurking for the past 3 Weeks, I did my duty and made a contribution to this valuable site today. Thanks for sharing your collective knowledge. I'm not a true "gear head" but will use the site to do my best to keep my rig in top running order, per your postings etc.
Peace...

Oh if only ALL members had your spirit of community conscience...:thumbup:

As a new member, & contributor from nearly day one, (close enough for me...:smilewink ) I salute you!..:cool:

Welcome to the Fam...& no, there is no known cure...:dance:

Gussie2000
02/19/2009, 12:23 PM
Hi!
Let me welcome you to our neighbor my friend.
As a new VX member you have come to be part of the best community you can ever joined.
Here every one of us supports each other & shows that proud any where we drive by taking care of this the best PUV ever built.
Be aware & brace your self because you'll be the center of atraction any time,all the time....every time.
Have all the fun you can possibly have,because the VX's all about fun.
My best advise to you:Take care of your new toy & he will return you the favor.
Again,welcome to the hood my friend
;Have fun

Gussie2000
02/19/2009, 01:09 PM
Im in elmhurst Queens.

Hi RRRx7
I'm gustavo

I'll be installing new exhaust pipes on my VX saturday afternoon on roosverlt ave across the new mets stadium in flushing
If you got the time we can meet up so you can a better glance of the VX & provide you with huge info.
Replay by dropping a e-mail at Gussie2000@hotmail.com

Geo114
02/22/2009, 03:26 PM
Hello!

I purchased my Vehicross a few months ago and it is one of the greatest cars I've ever owned, seen or driven. I'm a Geology student at the University of Kansas.

Many BIG Mods coming up this next year hopefully.

tjh
02/24/2009, 08:03 PM
Well , I've been here for some time now . .. Heh ! Today I picked up my Vehicross , ;Db; It's been Worth the wait . Omg , I love it . Well except for the funky smell inside . I'll fix that soon enough , smells Like Patchouli. 01 green dragon I'll fill out the details later . Yay ! I'm so happy right now . Not the best timing on delivery , The driver was a day early , And ,well , it's Mardi gras over here . I had a time trying to find a sober individual to drive my other car home . But all has ended well .

I can't stop smiling , it hurts!

MSHardeman
02/24/2009, 08:17 PM
tjh,

Welcome to the family. After four years of ownership I'm STILL smiling so hard it hurts. It's just something that you never get over.

I'm originally from Baton Rouge (living in Colorado now) and I just got back from a little Mardi Gras celebration complete with Hurricanes so I understand about finding a sober driver.

Have fun looking around and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Mark

Ldub
02/24/2009, 10:36 PM
Hello!

I purchased my Vehicross a few months ago and it is one of the greatest cars I've ever owned, seen or driven. I'm a Geology student at the University of Kansas.

Many BIG Mods coming up this next year hopefully.

Well , I've been here for some time now . .. Heh ! Today I picked up my Vehicross , ;Db; It's been Worth the wait . Omg , I love it . Well except for the funky smell inside . I'll fix that soon enough , smells Like Patchouli. 01 green dragon I'll fill out the details later . Yay ! I'm so happy right now . Not the best timing on delivery , The driver was a day early , And ,well , it's Mardi gras over here . I had a time trying to find a sober individual to drive my other car home . But all has ended well .

LOL...you youngsters (in terms of site membership) are gonna be what keeps this place alive in the future...WELCOME!

I'm with Mark, after five years, I STILL get a kick out of plunking my butt into the drivers seat...:thumbup:

snowtrooper1966
02/25/2009, 02:32 AM

Congratulations!
Another Dragon in the family!
Milage?
Pix?
Again, welcome, have fun and enjoy!
Best,

ReefFreek
02/26/2009, 09:06 AM
Hello All.

I cant believe I did not find this thread untill now! I have been a proud owner of a 99' VX for over a year now.

I live in in Joplin, MO

Here is my machine

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk197/ReefFreek917/100_4207.jpg

nfpgasmask
02/26/2009, 09:18 AM
Hello All.

I cant believe I did not find this thread untill now! I have been a proud owner of a 99' VX for over a year now.

I live in in Joplin, MO

Here is my machine

Hey! She's a beauty man!!

Welcome!

Bart

VCrossfan
02/26/2009, 09:41 AM
Hello All.

I live in in Joplin, MO

Here is my machine

Looks Nice. And WELCOME

ReefFreek
02/26/2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys! I love it. I am a real outdoors kind of guy so this beast fits me great!

Gussie2000
02/26/2009, 11:17 AM
Hello All.

I live in in Joplin, MO

Here is my machine

Welcome to the best auto family.

Wow those shoes looks really good though.

kodiak
02/26/2009, 01:27 PM
Haha. It’s been a while since I’ve welcomed anyone on this thread so here it goes.
Welcome ReefFreek, tjh, Geo114, vesh53, samneil2000, DocZ, KeithVXIvr,
and r-r-rx7.

I hope you’re all ready for the ritualistic hazing in Moab this year. I’ll bring the baby oil and the tarps.;)

ReefFreek
02/26/2009, 01:52 PM
Wow those shoes looks really good though.

Agreed. Thanks Gus.

PittVXr
02/26/2009, 02:00 PM
Welcome. I agree with Gussie, those are some sharp looking wheels you got there.

Ldub
02/26/2009, 02:01 PM
Haha. It’s been a while since I’ve welcomed anyone on this thread so here it goes.
Welcome ReefFreek, tjh, Geo114, vesh53, samneil2000, DocZ, KeithVXIvr,
and r-r-rx7.

I hope you’re all ready for the ritualistic hazing in Moab this year. I’ll bring the baby oil and the tarps.;)

:thumbup: X2

I'll bring the pork rinds...:naughty:

tjh
02/26/2009, 04:25 PM

:eek:

Gussie2000
02/26/2009, 04:39 PM
Agreed. Thanks Gus.

Hey by the way reef freek,since you upgrade your wheels there's a thread where all members that have upgraded their wheels post pics on.

The intention is to showcast your VX so other members who didn't do it so far can have an idea how the VX will look like.

Please include the rims & tires brand,the rims size,the tire size number,etc.

Also add if your VX was lifted,had the torsion bars cranked or both.

Have fun :p

don moore
02/26/2009, 09:45 PM
:thumbup: X2

I'll bring the pork rinds...:naughty:
..LOL :bgwo:

ReefFreek
02/27/2009, 06:24 AM
Hey by the way reef freek,since you upgrade your wheels there's a thread where all members that have upgraded their wheels post pics on.

The intention is to showcast your VX so other members who didn't do it so far can have an idea how the VX will look like.

Please include the rims & tires brand,the rims size,the tire size number,etc.

Also add if your VX was lifted,had the torsion bars cranked or both.

Have fun :p

I will get some photos up here next week. It definitly isnt a stock VX! We have spent some good times together!

Travelin2
03/09/2009, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone, I stumble on to a picture of a VX by accident about a week ago and knew immediately I had to have one. A machine hadn't grabbed me like that since that CJ-2A back in 1964......Yeah I'm an old guy but this rig is going to help that situation. I look forward to many fun and interesting exchanges and hope to meet some of you one day. I brought a Yellow one home on a trailer from just north of Seattle, Wa. today. Glad to be here! John

don moore
03/09/2009, 09:56 PM
welcome to the great northwest VXers..lol

Travelin2
03/09/2009, 10:04 PM
welcome to the great northwest VXers..lol

Don; It is strange that a guy from Eugene, Or. is the first to welcome me when I notice that the VX I just purchased today was originally sold by a dealer in the same town. Spooky

rowhard
03/09/2009, 10:20 PM
Well, from one John to another, welcome to the addiction.

pbkid
03/10/2009, 12:14 AM
welcome to all the newcomers...im sure you will all find that this is a great site!!!

foxchase
03/10/2009, 06:57 PM
I am trying to figure out where the knock sensor is located? I have a 2000 vehicross.

thank you

Andrew

Gussie2000
03/10/2009, 07:22 PM
I am trying to figure out where the knock sensor is located? I have a 2000 vehicross.

thank you

Andrew

Hi Andrew !

I can't tell where it's located,but you can find the Isuzu's repairs manual here or either wait for the right answer from fellow VX'ers.

Its important to disclose why are you in need of finding that sensor,i strongly believe it's located inside the engine it self.

However wait of the answer my friend & welcome aboard :)

slutty22
03/10/2009, 08:45 PM
Hello All,

Names Mike- Friends call me slutty. I live in Indianapolis Indiana. I have been a lurker of this site ever since I saw my first V-cross about 2 weeks ago. I had a mitsubishi Eclipse that I had sold and was trolling ebay and craigslist for a SUV type vehicle. when I happened accross a Vcross. I was like what the heck is this thing it looks really cool! then I came across this site, I read and read and read, and then after Due dilligance I drove form indy to massillon Ohio about 5 hours one way. needless to say my G.F. was not excited about another random car run! but I fell in love with the first test drive. The damn thing is in show room condition. It is a 1999 astrial silver with just at 100k on it. Let me tell you there was only 2 things I did not like about the vehicle upon inital viewing. 1) both windows have the "jacked all up gonna roll up like they belong at that funky angle no sealing B.S." already looking into Tones metal adapters. And the previous owner smoked which ruined that 10 year old new car smell. I have installed a sharper image ionizer which in itsself has pretty much removed all previous smoke smell, I have also recoditioned the lether, Luckily there is not ONE ciggarette burn hole in any of the beautiful interior of this dragon!!!

I spent the day today putting in new spark plugs, ait filter, PCV valve, did the sea foam up the brake booster line and deep creep in the manifold (lots of smoke) also changed the Oil with mobil 1 syn. and polished those yellow headlights back to a shiney new finish! In the near future I am gonna change the trani filter and fluid then its on to MODS. Its pretty much all stock. I really like littlebeast tire/rim setup, first things first, proably gonna get a safari basket for the roof and a mercedes brush bar. then will see where to go from there.

I did search for it on this site and it does not appear to be previouly registered. I will get to that first thing in the morning, also plan on being a site contributer to this wonderfull gathering of information!!!!

Just a few pics of the best!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart025.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart026.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart027.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart028.jpg

and If I ever Need some back up I have the TRUE BEAST a 99 silverado jacked to the moon, however I cant wait to get both of these toys in the mud to see which one performs the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart024.jpg

pbkid
03/10/2009, 09:27 PM
very nice slutty, welcome to the fam...glad you decided to get a VX and quit being a lurker ;)

anyhow, looks like you have done your research a bit and we all look forward to getting to know you..

JoFotoz
03/10/2009, 09:35 PM
Looks good slutty...

..and ya scored a roof rack too!!

jo

don moore
03/10/2009, 11:20 PM
slutty...welcome to the dream come true:)

Gussie2000
03/11/2009, 05:02 AM
Hello All,

Names Mike- Friends call me slutty. I live in Indianapolis Indiana. I have been a lurker of this site ever since I saw my first V-cross about 2 weeks ago. I had a mitsubishi Eclipse that I had sold and was trolling ebay and craigslist for a SUV type vehicle. when I happened accross a Vcross. I was like what the heck is this thing it looks really cool! then I came across this site, I read and read and read, and then after Due dilligance I drove form indy to massillon Ohio about 5 hours one way. needless to say my G.F. was not excited about another random car run! but I fell in love with the first test drive. The damn thing is in show room condition. It is a 1999 astrial silver with just at 100k on it. Let me tell you there was only 2 things I did not like about the vehicle upon inital viewing. 1) both windows have the "jacked all up gonna roll up like they belong at that funky angle no sealing B.S." already looking into Tones metal adapters. And the previous owner smoked which ruined that 10 year old new car smell. I have installed a sharper image ionizer which in itsself has pretty much removed all previous smoke smell, I have also recoditioned the lether, Luckily there is not ONE ciggarette burn hole in any of the beautiful interior of this dragon!!!

I spent the day today putting in new spark plugs, ait filter, PCV valve, did the sea foam up the brake booster line and deep creep in the manifold (lots of smoke) also changed the Oil with mobil 1 syn. and polished those yellow headlights back to a shiney new finish! In the near future I am gonna change the trani filter and fluid then its on to MODS. Its pretty much all stock. I really like littlebeast tire/rim setup, first things first, proably gonna get a safari basket for the roof and a mercedes brush bar. then will see where to go from there.

I did search for it on this site and it does not appear to be previouly registered. I will get to that first thing in the morning, also plan on being a site contributer to this wonderfull gathering of information!!!!

Just a few pics of the best!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart025.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart026.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart027.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart028.jpg

and If I ever Need some back up I have the TRUE BEAST a 99 silverado jacked to the moon, however I cant wait to get both of these toys in the mud to see which one performs the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o152/slutty22/Columbusbendingart024.jpg

Great !

So you're officially become a VX'er.

Not much of issues you came acroos with the VX.

Again my friend,welcome aboard :)

tom4bren
03/11/2009, 05:54 AM
Welcome Slutty.

BTW, the window brackets are from Street Boutique Customs (SBC) not Tone.

Welcome foxchase.

I don't know where the knock sensor is either but you'll get better response to you question by starting a thread on it rather than having it buried in this 'welcom' thread.

Tom

pbkid
03/11/2009, 12:30 PM
just fixed mine from having a knock sensor going off....just put some gas treatment through the tank...problem fixed...

and yes, its internal motor..

slutty22
03/13/2009, 06:53 PM
Ok here are the stats

1999 Astral silver
just broke 100k miles on the odometer and still runs very strong! there are currently no CEL lights or tod lights on, just gave it a fresh tune up, new Plugs fuel/Air filter changed PCV valve cleaned the headlights changed the oil, the Trani is next
Last 4 of the VIN are 0792

handeeman
03/21/2009, 11:51 AM
I have been in the car business for over 35 years, in both retail and wholesale. I saw my first VX back in 1998 when I was buying cars for an Isuzu-Pontiac dealer. It was love at first sight and I wanted one ever since. I have bought them at auctions for dealers. I have driven them, but I never owned one until about 6 months ago. Now it's my baby. I own a silver 2000 VX, it has 90,000 miles on it and it thinks it's new. I still have people come up to me saying they have never seen one.

Gussie2000
03/21/2009, 03:29 PM
I have been in the car business for over 35 years, in both retail and wholesale. I saw my first VX back in 1998 when I was buying cars for an Isuzu-Pontiac dealer. It was love at first sight and I wanted one ever since. I have bought them at auctions for dealers. I have driven them, but I never owned one until about 6 months ago. Now it's my baby. I own a silver 2000 VX, it has 90,000 miles on it and it thinks it's new. I still have people come up to me saying they have never seen one.

Welcome handeeman :)

Nice to have another VX'er in the family;VX.INFO is all you need for your toy :p.
Don't hesitate to ask any question,there's always some one wth the expertise ton address you on the right track.

Again,welcome to the VX world.

AUPilot09
03/22/2009, 01:22 AM
Hi all. Just registered because I know Thmstec. Ever since I saw the vehicross at an auto show in Birmingham somewhere around the end of the 90's I've thought that they were amazing. I had seen this silver one in Auburn running around and wondered who owned it. Finally at a meeting one day I noticed it was in the parking lot and the owner was in our meeting. Ever since then I've loved riding in it and I've even been allowed to do a bit of driving and mudding with it. Great vehicle (sounds awesome with his hole-in-the-exhaust mod) and it's nice and fun.

As you can see I don't have a VX of my own, I cruise around in a 2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T. She's peppy and I've had it for a year come April 2. I'm fairly active on a Saab forums and love learning from everyone. I'm hoping to get an old beat up FJ I can rebuild into a nice off road machine.

Well I figured I'd just come say hey to y'all and troll around. :D

Farfri
03/22/2009, 04:49 PM
Hey folks,
I'm looking to pick up a 1999 Astral Silver VX. Took her for a drive the other day and she was smooooothe. I think I'm in love.
I'm coming off a relationship with a Black 95 Lincoln Mark VIII. It didn't last long enough. but a rock the size of a 3 year old jumped out in front of the car, and ripped up her suspension.
Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow night.

Alright, I now own a VX! Wooohoo!
off to work!

rowhard
03/25/2009, 05:46 PM
Alright, I now own a VX! Wooohoo!So, are you going to paint it Orange and Black :confused:

Welcome to the addiction:gring:

Gussie2000
03/25/2009, 07:31 PM
Hey folks,
I'm looking to pick up a 1999 Astral Silver VX. Took her for a drive the other day and she was smooooothe. I think I'm in love.
I'm coming off a relationship with a Black 95 Lincoln Mark VIII. It didn't last long enough. but a rock the size of a 3 year old jumped out in front of the car, and ripped up her suspension.
Anyhow, I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow night.

Alright, I now own a VX! Wooohoo!
off to work!

Hi Farfri !

This is a wonderfull moment to join us for the meeting on july month ;)

Look up for the active meeting thread & drop your sign.

VX'ers from NY,NJ,CT & PA well be meeting & you can come along with us :)

Oh,you are officially a VX'er well..............................WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION

don moore
03/25/2009, 08:06 PM
welcome to the love life and pain of it all...Farfri

:p

GIANLUCA
03/29/2009, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone!!! My name is Gianluca, i am 34 years old and i'm from Rome, Italy. I love Vehicross!!!! I would like to buy one, but it's impossible to find it In Europe... You can buy it in U.K. but only with right-hand drive.... :-(
Can you help me plaese? Thanx!

Gussie2000
03/29/2009, 04:48 PM
Hello everyone!!! My name is Gianluca, i am 34 years old and i'm from Rome, Italy. I love Vehicross!!!! I would like to buy one, but it's impossible to find it In Europe... You can buy it in U.K. but only with right-hand drive.... :-(

Hi gian,Sorry you haven't enjoy the pride of riding on a VX,The VX sold in europe countries such as UK & russia are all right handed,I have no idea on which side you guys drive but if guys drive on the left then you got a bit of a problem my friend,left handed VX are all US version & only sold here,however here's a member who live in switzerland had his VX imported;He logged in not too long ago,so probably his last post shall be still around.

Few weeks ago another guy from italy sign up looking for some stuff,He said that he got the only VX on italy soil,not sure if that is true.

1rst of all you must search for a good condition VX offered up for sale,if the VX is located near any of the here members we can trully drive at the location & give a sight review to brief you about the VX's conditions.

Shipping shall be your next task,also you lucky on that one too,here are couple of fellow pals who can help you finding the best/cheap/reliable shipping carrier to help your budget ;)

Welcome to the hood

Hope you get through though.

GOOD LUCK !

VehiGAZ
03/29/2009, 06:02 PM

Welcome Gianluca! I can help you...

You send me a Ferrari, and I will send you my VX (http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-|M-_21_|D-_2976_|N-N|R-30|I-1%2c7|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|Z-06525&aff=national&paId=303469510&recnum=0&leadExists=true). Deal?

By the way, I don't care what color the Ferrari is... as long as it's red. :)

Jay-Fazed
04/05/2009, 06:52 PM
Hey everyone! I just purchased my first Vehicross and couldnt be happier! Im glad to be a member of this forum. This site rocks!

Gussie2000
04/05/2009, 07:54 PM
Hey everyone! I just purchased my first Vehicross and couldnt be happier! Im glad to be a member of this forum. This site rocks!

Welcome JAY !

As you said this is one big family here though.Congrats on your purchase;Remember to post few pics of your new toy,it's like a protocol kind-of-so to say.

Also share with us why & how did you choose the VX as the right one for you.

Oh man you got lucky,if you make your mind you can meet up with a huge amount of fellow Vx'ers in moab,the best meeting of all in the US.

Again,welcome to the hood & have fun as much as you can,hell,the VX is all about fun is in it ? :)

don moore
04/05/2009, 11:09 PM
Welcome JAY...........another one...hehe

Sprey
04/06/2009, 12:23 AM
Welcome :cool:

drgnrdr
04/09/2009, 01:01 PM
just bought my VX 2 weeks ago found it on a small dealers lot a nice 2001 Kaiser Silver dealer didn't know what he had got it for 6900

CrnCnn
04/09/2009, 01:11 PM
Welcome. Post up some pics when you can.

VCrossfan
04/09/2009, 02:55 PM

Welcome Jay ! !

just bought my VX 2 weeks ago found it on a small dealers lot a nice 2001 Kaiser Silver dealer didn't know what he had got it for 6900

$6900 is about right now-a-days. If it has 100k miles or over, ave trade-in is $6300. So he made some $$, not alot but some. Welcome the the #1 VX sight on the net ! !

JoFotoz
04/09/2009, 03:50 PM
WELCOME!!

What is the mileage?
Any modifications/roof rack / rims etc?

Enquring minds want to know!!

Great color BTW...one of my favs.

jo

drgnrdr
04/10/2009, 12:59 PM
128k with a rebuilt motor pretty much stock but no roof rack

nfpgasmask
04/14/2009, 03:54 PM
Hope I'm not putting this email in the wrong place, but not sure how to post this...... We just sold our beautiful 1999 VX, but still have the original print signed by Jesse Alexander. Its' 121 of 500. Have to sell it. Please respond for more details and photo.

thanks,

Barbara

DIBS!!!! I am PMing you now!

Bart

Matty
04/14/2009, 09:56 PM
Hi, I'm Matt from Hungary but I live in New Zealand. The first time I saw a VX was on the North Beach of Christchurch. I was truly exited and my first thought was "what a great thing is this little monster", and how can I get one. About two years and few cars later I found a green one and become the happy owner. Probably I don't have to say I started to love the car more and more every day. Unfortunately I had to sell it after we started our business and I really felt bad. After I was VX-less... I kept looking at adds and parts on Ebay. Don't know why it's just felt good. Funny isn't it? About one month ago a friend come from Hungary and asked me if I could suggest a good 4WD car to use in New Zealand. Of course I told him about the VX and find a blue one for him in Auckland. Well that was even worst because I started to feel I like to have one again. Than something happened a few days ago. I'v got a message from a local auction house that there will be a 99 Lava Grey up for auction. I thought I can't afford it at the moment but we can have a look at it. So went down and find a Limited Edition beauty. Who can resist something like that? I bought it! So I have my second VX now and very happy with it!

Matty
04/14/2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Gianluca, there is one for sale in Hungary if you still keen. Here is the link to the site they speak english and german I don't know them just remembered there is one.

http://www.hasznaltauto.hu/1284858_isuzu_vehicross_1999

Good luck

don moore
04/14/2009, 11:29 PM
good job MATT... glad your back into a VX again...:)

snowtrooper1966
04/15/2009, 08:17 AM
Wow Matty!
Three posts, two VX's and helping two folks to find VX's!
You are the kind of member we need around here!
Congrats on your new ride, even if it's not green......
Best,

Gussie2000
04/15/2009, 11:33 AM
Hi, I'm Matt from Hungary but I live in New Zealand. The first time I saw a VX was on the North Beach of Christchurch. I was truly exited and my first thought was "what a great thing is this little monster", and how can I get one. About two years and few cars later I found a green one and become the happy owner. Probably I don't have to say I started to love the car more and more every day. Unfortunately I had to sell it after we started our business and I really felt bad. After I was VX-less... I kept looking at adds and parts on Ebay. Don't know why it's just felt good. Funny isn't it? About one month ago a friend come from Hungary and asked me if I could suggest a good 4WD car to use in New Zealand. Of course I told him about the VX and find a blue one for him in Auckland. Well that was even worst because I started to feel I like to have one again. Than something happened a few days ago. I'v got a message from a local auction house that there will be a 99 Lava Grey up for auction. I thought I can't afford it at the moment but we can have a look at it. So went down and find a Limited Edition beauty. Who can resist something like that? I bought it! So I have my second VX now and very happy with it!

Hi Matt great history & welcome to the brotherhood.

Those 175 limited edition VX got very nice looking colors.

When ever you got the opportunity post some pics

You have couple of fellow members in NZ,one of them is SPREY.

Have a good one

sagraz
04/16/2009, 12:03 PM
I am the proud owner of a 2001 Proton VX, the only one with red and black leather interiors I might add, it looks sweet!:grinr:

Regarding the red interiors. Funny story; I work with two more people (husband and wife) that "randomly" owned the same Silver VX each (yeah, I was as surprised as anyone when getting there on my first day of work and saw the two VX’s on the parking lot… what are the odds?).

The engine of one of them blew up recently and to replace it was more money that to sell it by parts. I talked to my coworker and we decided to trade interiors on that VX and we did... including the steering wheel, panels and knobs with amazing results… now, that is my own personal opinion. He kept everything usable for his own VX and donated what was left of it... Pictures to come... (By the way, how can I download a picture on my profile?)

Moncha
04/16/2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome!

This should help but, PM if you more. http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=FAQ&op=viewcategory&cid=7#38

kodiak
04/16/2009, 01:26 PM
Welcome Sagraz! I’d love to see the pix.:thumbup:

JoFotoz
04/16/2009, 05:02 PM
Where did he "donate" it too...

Is it available for others to get parts from?

jo

sagraz
04/17/2009, 11:05 AM
I do not know who he donated to, but if I'd known, I'd like to get my hands on the windshield that was recently cracked on the *one day* snow storm we have here in the Carolinas and because of limited insurance, I have to pay full price... (It sucks!). The rest of the car was auctioned...

Moncha, I meant that I can not *UP-LOAD* and it is not that I am completely computer illiterate (I am old but not that old) but my computer is not that friendly with me ... any ideas?

JoFotoz
04/17/2009, 11:12 AM
If you work with them , can you ask??

I do not know who he donated to,

jo

knightmare
04/19/2009, 03:03 AM
Hello i am new here as i am sure you know. I do not currently have a VX but am in the market to get one. I am moving to New Hampshire in about 3 months, I am currently in the military in Japan. I have a 2009 Fatboy and the rest we will get when we get back.

ROb

Sprey
04/19/2009, 04:19 AM
Welcome to all the new members.:p

VCrossfan
04/19/2009, 08:04 AM
Hello i am new here as i am sure you know. I do not currently have a VX but am in the market to get one. I am moving to New Hampshire in about 3 months, I am currently in the military in Japan. I have a 2009 Fatboy and the rest we will get when we get back.

ROb

Welcome Rob: If the Military will pay to re-locate you back to the states. Pickup a JDM Version of the VX and have it re-locate with you and be the only (I think) JDM/Right hand drive VX in the lower 48. And if you get it in the country and don't like it, I have a buddy that is a rural Mail Carrier and he would jump all over it...BTW.. WELCOME ! !

jonnytheboy
04/23/2009, 02:10 PM
I got my vx about a month ago... my wife and I were driving along, just minding our own business and this vx was at the end of a driveway with a for sale sign ... guess the rest. I have always wanted one but never had the opportunity... ( I had just gotten my tax return $ , muahahahaha !!)
dont have a manual though and will surely be in need of others advice .
actually , heres a question already.....what is the "power" button used for ?
I know , power, but how does it work ? i.e. more torque? I dont wanna use it until I know what its function is...\
anyway , I love my vx.. live in upstate ny ( near ct./mass. borders)
work for verizon, have 2 dogs 3cats 17 chickens and guinea fowl 2 parakeets
thousands of honeybees ...blah blah blah
jonny:bgwo:

nfpgasmask
04/23/2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome Jonny,

You will quickly find the answer to many common VX questions by using the "search" function at the top. The Power Button just happens to be one of those questions that comes up regularly. ;)

Anyway, welcome....and if you screen name is a reference to Mad Max, then COOL!!!! :cool!:

Bart

Scott Harness
04/23/2009, 02:56 PM
what is the "power" button used for ?
I know , power, but how does it work ? i.e. more torque? I dont wanna use it until I know what its function is.

It changes the shift points in the transmission.It drives a little sportier.Most people turn it on and never turn it off.Winter button starts the truck in 3rd so less slipping on snow and ice. :cool:

Gussie2000
04/23/2009, 05:09 PM
I got my vx about a month ago... my wife and I were driving along, just minding our own business and this vx was at the end of a driveway with a for sale sign ... guess the rest. I have always wanted one but never had the opportunity... ( I had just gotten my tax return $ , muahahahaha !!)
dont have a manual though and will surely be in need of others advice .
actually , heres a question already.....what is the "power" button used for ?
I know , power, but how does it work ? i.e. more torque? I dont wanna use it until I know what its function is...\
anyway , I love my vx.. live in upstate ny ( near ct./mass. borders)
work for verizon, have 2 dogs 3cats 17 chickens and guinea fowl 2 parakeets
thousands of honeybees ...blah blah blah
jonny:bgwo:

Hi jonny !

Welcome to the addiction,You got bit by the VX poison & that's all need to get in love with it.

You can gently post some pics of your new toy whenever you got a chance to do so.

I will also take the opportunity to invite you to the upcoming meet on july the 25th,members from NY,NJ,CT & PA will be getting together in the northern area of NJ you may be interested to join us.

Follow the Tri-state & PA thread @ the meeting forum & sign up.

Again,welcome aboard jonny :)

VCrossfan
04/23/2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome all new members, From Central Illinois

edalseel
04/29/2009, 10:08 AM
Like most people I saw my one and only VX (about seven years ago) fell in lust and thought to myself, I've got to have one!

So last week I was thinking about selling my MGF and browsing Ebay and thinking what have I always wanted? Suddenly "Isuzu Vehicross" popped into my head, did a search and there was one for sale, I couldn't believe my luck!! OK, it was in the south of Spain and meant a four hour flight, a two thousand mile drive back and a small fortune in fuel but I just had to have it!

So now sitting outside is my 1997 Silver (not sure which silver) JDM and I love it!! Two thousand miles of heavenly driving through Spain, France and England into the north of Scotland.

So the adventure begins........

VCrossfan
04/29/2009, 10:43 AM
Like most people I saw my one and only VX (about seven years ago) fell in lust and thought to myself, I've got to have one!

So last week I was thinking about selling my MGF and browsing Ebay and thinking what have I always wanted? Suddenly "Isuzu Vehicross" popped into my head, did a search and there was one for sale, I couldn't believe my luck!! OK, it was in the south of Spain and meant a four hour flight, a two thousand mile drive back and a small fortune in fuel but I just had to have it!

So now sitting outside is my 1997 Silver (not sure which silver) JDM and I love it!! Two thousand miles of heavenly driving through Spain, France and England into the north of Scotland.

So the adventure begins........

Welcome From Illinois. Your drive home sounds like my "Dream Drive"

Gussie2000
04/29/2009, 10:43 AM
Hello !
Welcome to the VX brotherhood.

Time has come & now you became officially a VX'er

All i'll say is have all the fun you can have with your new toy,also let me share a tip with you.....there's a upcoming meeting over there'lucky youy can catch up with more UK VX'ers (about 6 or 7)
Again,welcome & whenever you got the chance post few shots of your VX to share with us

whatisthat1
04/29/2009, 10:21 PM
I have to first thank all the enthusiasts that make up this site. Your vast knowledge, enthusiasm and sharing, make it possible for the unintiated to have an outlet for information little known on this special vehicle. My hat is off to you all and have deep gratitude.

Well, my first experience with the Vehicross was back in 1999 at a dealership on Van Nuys Blvd with a buddy of min. He took one out for a test drive and I think that I was more hooked than him. I was not in the market but knew one day I'd have to have one.

Ten years later and after trying to justify the purchase to myself of another vehicle, I found a one owner Vehicross listed for sale in Arizona. An 01 Kaiser with the red and black interior. After looking at it on line for a couple of weeks, I randomly drove to Phoenix from Los Angeles one night to go check it out. Almost 900 miles later (in less than 20 hours, I made the decision to buy it). I am in the process know of bringing it back to it's full glory. I am finally an owner of one of these very unique vehicles and are thoroughly enjoying it.

kodiak
04/29/2009, 11:23 PM
Congratulations whatisthat1 edalseel and jonnytheboy! Welcome to your new obsession. I have one seed to plant in your brains….Wait for it! ....................
...........................MOAB!!!!! :cool:

handeeman
04/30/2009, 08:06 AM
Welcome to the family, I've only had my VX since Sept. 08, joined the site then and I love being a member.

Gussie2000
04/30/2009, 11:15 AM
I have to first thank all the enthusiasts that make up this site. Your vast knowledge, enthusiasm and sharing, make it possible for the unintiated to have an outlet for information little known on this special vehicle. My hat is off to you all and have deep gratitude.

Well, my first experience with the Vehicross was back in 1999 at a dealership on Van Nuys Blvd with a buddy of min. He took one out for a test drive and I think that I was more hooked than him. I was not in the market but knew one day I'd have to have one.

Ten years later and after trying to justify the purchase to myself of another vehicle, I found a one owner Vehicross listed for sale in Arizona. An 01 Kaiser with the red and black interior. After looking at it on line for a couple of weeks, I randomly drove to Phoenix from Los Angeles one night to go check it out. Almost 900 miles later (in less than 20 hours, I made the decision to buy it). I am in the process know of bringing it back to it's full glory. I am finally an owner of one of these very unique vehicles and are thoroughly enjoying it.

Welcome aboard !
You was deffinetly enchanted by the VX ten years ago & that keeps amazing me how this little toy of us can turn you into a addict without warning LOL is like love at 1rst sight
Welcome & as part of the introducing protocol post few pics to share withus as soon you got a chance

Have a good one

Med!c
05/07/2009, 07:10 PM
Hey guys, I might be the only guy on here who doesn't own a VehiCross, yet, but I'll have one eventually. I'm not sure if you folks just like the Vehi or are Isuzu fans in general but I'm an isuzu fan. I have a 99' Rodeo. I love it, lately I've been getting into VehiCrosses, and am hoping to make a transition from my Rodeo to the vehi sometime within this summer. Will most likely be near the end of it. I have a workshop manual you guys might be able to use, not sure if it has been posted yet or not. I'm trying to find it at the moment. Let me know if anyone needs it, hopefully I can find it.

deermagnet
05/07/2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome, Med!c. Saw your post over at the Planet. Maybe that guy who gave you the jump was a member here? Where did you see it?

Some nice Vehicri are for sale around the US for around $6K. Start looking now so you know what they're going for.

Mark Griffin

Med!c
05/07/2009, 09:01 PM
Welcome, Med!c. Saw your post over at the Planet. Maybe that guy who gave you the jump was a member here? Where did you see it?

Some nice Vehicri are for sale around the US for around $6K. Start looking now so you know what they're going for.

Mark Griffin

ah, cool. I saw it off of 355(rockville pike), in rockville maryland. Black exterior, didnt have the courage to ask him to let me sit in it, but from what I saw the entire interior was also black.

so other than suspension lifts, do you guys do any sort of modding?

etlsport
05/07/2009, 09:09 PM
ah, cool. I saw it off of 355(rockville pike), in rockville maryland. Black exterior, didnt have the courage to ask him to let me sit in it, but from what I saw the entire interior was also black.

so other than suspension lifts, do you guys do any sort of modding?

heh, just search around.. someone here has done just about every type of mod you can think of.. here are some of the highlights

V8 Conversion (LS1)
supercharging
full custom dashboard
lifting 1-6"
lowering (slightly)
all out competition sound systems
22" rims
chameleon paint
overhead console
projection headlights
HID headlights
custom made steel bumpers (in progress)

the only mod i can really think of that nobody has successfully done YET is converting a VX to manual and making a convertible VX (but as far as i know there are rumors about both of these being in the works)

Med!c
05/07/2009, 09:28 PM
I have the 4l30-E my self. So you guys hate it too?

LittleBeast
05/07/2009, 09:36 PM
I have the 4l30-E my self. So you guys hate it too?

HAHAHA truer words have never been spoken!!!!! You will fit in perfectly ;) Welcome to the club.

Med!c
05/08/2009, 10:26 PM
HAHAHA truer words have never been spoken!!!!! You will fit in perfectly ;) Welcome to the club.

I sort of came to accept it for a while. I go through the pain of maintaining it well, I drive carefully so I dont put too much stress on the transmission. A guy told me, the best of these 4L30-E fall apart at around 150k, so it's inevitable.. that's when I gave up. I figured when that day comes I'll convert the rodeo to a MUA5. But now it may seem like I might be converting a vehi to MUA5. I've definitely beein thinking about putting my 3.2L v6 in a vehi(if I ever get one) and putting the 3.5 in the rodeo and selling it. Simply because the chances of getting a vehi with the oil problem is higher, and I'm willing to give up 10HP to get a good motor that I know has been taken care of well it's entire life. Plus, no oil burn. :) Well.. a little, but I've learned this rodeo well enough that I know what kind of oil keeps it happy and oil burn free.

One thing that just came to mind right now.. Really, the issue with the earlier 3.5 is bad seals. Are there kits you can use to rebuild the engine and fix the problem?

don moore
05/09/2009, 11:36 PM
Welcome, Med!c to the madness:p

IronicMan
05/15/2009, 12:49 PM
hi everyone,

i just bought a white 99 in decent condition. being a small-sports-car fanatic, i had been dreading the idea of having to buy something half-way practical with the corresponding handling...until i remembered the vehicross....im so glad i decided to test drive a few of these...they are *exactly* what the doc had ordered!

im planning on keeping it stock except for the wheels. i'll be putting different (dish dish) rims one and hopefully i can get the tires to be wide enough, work with snow/mud, have long life, minimal sidewall flex, and only enough grip to "slide" before "rolling"....yeah i know, pick any 2 :)

my pie in the sky goal for this is to have a .80 g skidpad without ride height change (and good winter handling)...is that theoretically possible?

4X4 UFO
05/15/2009, 01:21 PM
to the addiction. I bought my first VX (I've also got a second) for exactly the same reasons. They are a blast to drive. I run 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (they're really good in the snow) with a little more backset than the stock wheels. The tires extend about an inch and a half outside the cladding, and the wider stance (plus decent stock swaybars) makes it handle lots better in the corners than an SUV should. You'll find that the front end will push before you lose the rear (although the TOD input at high throttle positions will mitigate that to some extent). These tires and wider wheels will increase unsprung weight (unfortunately), and you'll need to trim a little of the cladding at the front and rear of the front wheel wells, and jack your front torsion bars slightly, but it will look and handle like you want it too. Be careful: there is no 12 step program to get you away from a VX once you have one!

Randy

Gussie2000
05/16/2009, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the hood :)

Share some pics with us as soon you can.

rowhard
05/16/2009, 05:36 PM
Be careful: there is no 12 step program to get you away from a VX once you have one! Randy

well put my friend. And after one day VX'ing in MOAB, I am main lining.

ryandesigns
05/19/2009, 10:38 AM
I've been looking for an off road capable crossover type car for a while now, I own a Audi TT and love the interior, 4 wheel drive, speed and handling! this Isuzu looks like its exactly what i've been searching for. I saw one for the first time at a Chipotle in Huntington Beach CA.. the isuzu logo on the back was replaced with a VX-5 If I remember correctly... you in here? anyway now my concern is finding one with low miles. how many miles are these good for? who's racked up the most miles on here? maintenance cost?

I just listed my TT For sale and I'm starting to look for a VX's, any info/links would be greatly Appreciated.

I'm a Graphic designer/illustrator I also do metal and woodworking. I'm currently working for a direct to garment printer (mostly T-shirts) VX club tees anybody? we also have a laser so I like to brand everything!

nfpgasmask
05/19/2009, 10:59 AM
I just listed my TT For sale and I'm starting to look for a VX's, any info/links would be greatly Appreciated.

Welcome Ryan. Stay on this forum and I think you will find all the info you need. The VX does have some quirks that you should be aware of, but other than that, if it is cared for, it will last you a long, long time.

I think someone just listed a Foxfire Red VX for sale in the Chicago area. :thumbup:

Bart

HopefulVXer
05/22/2009, 01:57 PM
Hello,
My name is Jake, and I live in Atlanta. I have been a faithful driver of German cars for a long time, and since they keep slapping me in the face with issues I have decided, maybe I should shop around and try to find the best vehicle for my needs. I still have yet to drive one, but from everything I keep reading, the VX seems to answer all my needs. First, I need to have a vehicle that is fun to drive, the VX seems to fit that bill, doubly in fact because I can take it up to the mountains in north Georgia. Frankly I wish I had one this weekend, as we're going camping in western North Carolina, and it would be fun to blast up the mountain roads, but anyway... Next, as much as a manual transmission is, it is a royal PITA when you are stuck in ****** Atlanta traffic and everyone else is riding the brakes at 2-3 mph. So the A/T will be welcomed. I also need something I can put my dog in, the A6 was too nice to put my dog in, and the Corrado is just way too small.
Well I just sold the Audi, and I am trying to figure out a plan to sell the Corrado and get into a VX without leaving me stranded. It will probably be a few months before I get to the point of purchasing, but in the mean time I want to learn as much as I can about these as I can.
Thanks to everyone already for being so helpful with the questions I have already asked!

alterastro
05/27/2009, 02:03 AM
Hi All
My name is Nick and I've just become the pround owner of a 1997 Silver VX :)
I'm over the pond in the UK, but this is the best source of info I can find. I've already found loads of useful stuff, but no doubt there'll be loads of questions!

Cheers

Nick

Ldub
05/27/2009, 02:40 AM
Hi All
My name is Nick and I've just become the pround owner of a 1997 Silver VX :)
I'm over the pond in the UK, but this is the best source of info I can find. I've already found loads of useful stuff, but no doubt there'll be loads of questions!

Cheers

Nick

Welcome aboard Nick!...:thumbup:

You've come to the right place. You'll eventually find the addiction is just too strong, & become a "VX mods junkie" like the rest of us...:rolleyesg

It's best not to fight it...:smilewink

VCrossfan
05/27/2009, 06:43 AM
Welcome from Illinois

Gussie2000
05/27/2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome all new VX brothers.
This VX fever is worst than the swine flu....no cure at all.
This is the must do list in order to keep our toys in good care:
1 Change all fluids (trans,T-case,engine & differentials) with synthetic oil,is highly recommended (mobile 1,amsoil,quake)
2 Replace PCV every oil change,especially on the 3.5L engines.
3 Clean EGR at least twice a year along with the MAF sensor
4 Use premium fuel as much as can afford from a good fuel supplier such as Exxon mobil,hess,citgo etc. ( Better detergent additives help cleans the fuel line system)
5 Check your oil level at least twice a week if you commute a lot of miles per week & add oil accordingly.
Any other maintainance as recommended by the manufacturer.
Greetings to all from the great apple (NYC)

handeeman
05/27/2009, 01:31 PM
I think the customary thing to say is : "Welcome to the madness." Alterastro, you'll have to introduce yourself to "Crotchrocket", he's on your side of the pond. However, from some of his pics, he may be a bad influence. lol But I will say if he gets his VX "a little muddy" he has excellent cleaning equipment.

alterastro
05/27/2009, 01:53 PM
Hee Hee - I also have a modified Pajero (Montero) and have been to that place where CrotchRocket was playing many times. Looking forward to seeing how the VX fairs there too :rolleyes:

My biggest decision is which mod first :cool: As mods are practically non-existant over here and judging by the shipping charges quoted for getting the stuff from the US to here, it may take a while! Maybe us Brits should club together and fill a container!

Cheers

Nick

handeeman
05/27/2009, 02:06 PM
Hee Hee - I also have a modified Pajero (Montero) and have been to that place where CrotchRocket was playing many times. Looking forward to seeing how the VX fairs there too :rolleyes:

My biggest decision is which mod first :cool: As mods are practically non-existant over here and judging by the shipping charges quoted for getting the stuff from the US to here, it may take a while! Maybe us Brits should club together and fill a container!

Cheers

Nick
When I joined the madness I wasn't even thinking of mods. But now after exposure to this group, I can't wait to get started. Well actually I can wait because the $ are missing. lol Good idea fill a container.

Larry Allen
06/05/2009, 06:08 PM
I think I am the only 2000 Silver VX in Sherman Oaks, CA. Had it since new and still love it. Any meets in Southern Cal?:wave:

mikemol
06/05/2009, 09:23 PM
Hi all,
I think it's about time to introduce myself. My name is Mikhail (yeah, yeah, I'm Russian) and I'm from the Russian Far East where everybody drives JDM cars.
I had a JDM 1997 Nissan R'Nessa GT with SR20Det engine, then I had a JDM 1997 Subaru Forester S/Tb with 250 hp and now I finally got a VX.
I live in Vancouver area in Canada. The first time I saw a JDM VX I thought this is an amazing car. I never knew they were ever made for sales outside Japan and I was thinking that once the car passes 15 year old mark and becomes admissible to Canada I may bring one from Japan. Sometime around December 2008 I found one picture on the web with a VX that had a stearing wheel on the left side and I was shocked. Further searches resulted in numbers of them made for sale in US and then I was searching and searching trying to find one from a southern state (so that it wouldn't be too rusty) and with low miles.
About two weeks ago I saw a post in our forum garage section on a VX for sale in Nevada. I wanted to get a black VX and later change rims to black on it but this one was a Silver VX but anyway I sent a PM right away, got a reply the next day, and the next coming Saturday I flew to Vegas. I left Vegas the same day in that VX and was back in Seattle area on Sunday with my new car. Finally US customs cleared the car yesterday and today I brought it across the border and it's in my garage. I still have some things to do in order to pass inpection - things like day light on all the time, change the speedometer from miles to kilometers and maybe some other things as well. (if anyone can help me with some info on where to through a wire from to the head lights to have them turn on when I start the car, that would be great).

As for myself - I'm an IT tech and love cars. I spent three years in Russia restoring my 1959 Volga which I then brought to Canada in 2008 but still haven't got to registering it, I love speed and good handling and miss my JDM turbo Subaru Forester and maybe will bring one from Japan once they become admissible. So I tend to collect cars and always have my garage and driveway packed with cars.

As for the VX that I got - the car has 55K miles now, unfortunatelly it's got some rust under it, the cover of the driver's door handle seems to come off on one end (maybe I can buy it from someone and replace it), rear door cladding has a dent and because of it the corner where the door opens catches and it's already cracked there (I'll try a heat gun and maybe will fix the dent and that will possibly bring that corner of the cladding closer to the metal of the door for it not to catch). There are some squeeking sounds coming form the front when driving so maybe I need to replace some of the rubber stuff in the suspension. Other than that I haven't found any issues with it. I plan to do some minor mods, change all the fluids to synthetic and change the tires at some point of time.

I love this forum and thanks to everyone for answering to my questions on other threads.

Mikhail.

Gussie2000
06/05/2009, 11:21 PM
Welcome mikhail !

I saw on another thread you want a fender mirror,probably it would not because they all made to fit on the left fender,no the right.other wise many of us may had it installed

canyonjack
06/15/2009, 11:40 AM
Seriously considering first purchase of VX. I've been using this forum for info.
Thanks for the welcome. The VX I listed is the one I'm looking at.83,000 miles, should I be concerned about engine problems?

suitcase78
06/15/2009, 12:22 PM
well ladies and gents im Chris from the sunshine state of FLORIDA... Clearwater to be exact. What can i say... im in search of my FIRST VX and what better way to understand the car then to come be apart of the history right here!!!... currently im looking for an owner finance (due to this great economy) not looking to spend over 6K
if anyone knows someone interested in working a deal out w/ an HONEST family man looking for a reliable strong runner. LOOK NO FURTHER!!... do have some $$ to put down will sign legal contract if needed... OVERALL I JUST LOOK FORWARD TO OFFICIALLY BE APART OF THIS FAMILY!! .... hope to hear from you guys soon!

chris.

tom4bren
06/15/2009, 12:35 PM
Here's one that's in your price range.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15808

It's in Cali though & I'm not sure if you want to travel that far for yours or if the owner will finance.

Good luck with your search.

BTW, beautiful area you live in. Wifey & I visited there a few years ago & I spent a coupla my mis-spent youth years in Pinellas Park.

handeeman
06/15/2009, 01:15 PM
well ladies and gents im Chris from the sunshine state of FLORIDA... Clearwater to be exact. What can i say... im in search of my FIRST VX and what better way to understand the car then to come be apart of the history right here!!!... currently im looking for an owner finance (due to this great economy) not looking to spend over 6K
if anyone knows someone interested in working a deal out w/ an HONEST family man looking for a reliable strong runner. LOOK NO FURTHER!!... do have some $$ to put down will sign legal contract if needed... OVERALL I JUST LOOK FORWARD TO OFFICIALLY BE APART OF THIS FAMILY!! .... hope to hear from you guys soon!

chris.
Hey, Looks like you've caught "the madness" before you've even gotten one.lol Keep us posted, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

MissCOVX
06/15/2009, 08:43 PM
Hello!

My name is Whitney, and Im from colorful COLORADO! Most of you know me as Jack's (PBkid, or "Peanut Butter kid")'s girlfriend... I was in Moab last year, but unfortunately didnt get to go this year...

I wanted to be on the site because I absolutely LOVE driving Jack's VX and hopefully I will have one of my own someday! (I already know the modifications That i would like to do to it, too haha...)

Well, heres a little bit about myself:
I am 21 years old and a student at the University of Northern Colorado. My major is Speech Pathology and Audiology,( hoping to be a speech therapist someday). I loooooooove traveling. Anything else you would like to know just ask!

I love everything that you all do for eachother and I think this "family" is awesome! Im really excited that I finally am on the site and within the next few days i will definately be a site supporter :) Hope to see you all soon!

CHEERS!
Whit:_beer:

pbkid
06/15/2009, 09:01 PM
welcome to the site babe...

for the record: i try to not let her drive the VX as much as possible...
try to keep it in one piece ya know?

well, im more scared of it getting driven on the streets than on the trail, most of you have seen pics of her driving my baby in moab.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3205/IMG_2225.JPG

don moore
06/15/2009, 09:22 PM
Hi Whitney,,
Welcome to the worlds best VehiCROSS information filed site on the planet Earth.. oh Mars to...:p

Ldub
06/16/2009, 12:34 AM
WELCOME Whitney!...:thumbup:...:yes:...:thumbup:

Glad to see that you decided to join the online VX family.

Hope to see You & Jack next spring in Moab!

Hello!

My name is Whitney, and Im from colorful COLORADO! Most of you know me as Jack's (PBkid, or "Peanut Butter kid")'s girlfriend... I was in Moab last year, but unfortunately didnt get to go this year...

I wanted to be on the site because I absolutely LOVE driving Jack's VX and hopefully I will have one of my own someday! (I already know the modifications That i would like to do to it, too haha...)

Well, heres a little bit about myself:
I am 21 years old and a student at the University of Northern Colorado. My major is Speech Pathology and Audiology,( hoping to be a speech therapist someday). I loooooooove traveling. Anything else you would like to know just ask!

I love everything that you all do for eachother and I think this "family" is awesome! Im really excited that I finally am on the site and within the next few days i will definately be a site supporter :) Hope to see you all soon!

CHEERS!
Whit:_beer: