PDA

View Full Version : major ABS problem

zadam123
03/17/2004, 03:01 PM
In my last posts i stated that my abs light came on and i brought it to isuzu finally to find out the problem.
It was a modual pump assembaly. And get this, the part alone not including labor is a whopping $2,300. This is highway robbery since the part is actualy located inside this piece and the vehicross is the only isuzu modle that you cant just buy the seprate piece, you have to buy the whole assembaly.:mad:

After i finally came to after she told me the price i came to my sences and decided to use my noggin and search the net for a used part and found 5 of them, The one i bought is from a crashed vx with 32,000 miles on it and comes with a 90 day warranty for only $150 and no i didnt forget the other 0. Man thank god for the net and I am sorry for the loss of the wreked VX but one mans loss is another mans gain :D At least part of that vx will live on. Fingers crossed

adam

jayfotos
03/17/2004, 03:08 PM
Let us know how much it was for the install.

zadam123
03/17/2004, 04:00 PM
dealer wanted about 350 for install, gonna talk to my mechanic to see how much he charges.

also forgot to mention that isuzu has a new recall on ABS systems but my luck its not this.

coachreed
03/26/2004, 03:37 PM
Here pretty soon, I will be plumbing around my ABS unit in my VX... I come fromt he school of "pump your brakes" and so I don't care for ABS... never have... never will... plus with the loss of LOTS of my electrical system during my motor conversion, I don't think it'll work anyway! lol Soooo... in the future I will have one of those handy dandy ABS thingies laying around... I'll post when its for sale... someone else my want to have it... I don't care. Heck, I have heard of soooo many problems with Isuzu ABS units... not necasarily the VX but the Amigo and Rodeo... sounds like a regular thing to me.

Later!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!

psychos2
03/26/2004, 08:26 PM
do we have the same abs system as the rodeo and trooper ? there is a recall on the abs system. i have had problems stoping under certain conditions which is the reason for the recall.if it is the same system there should be a recall for us too. if it is the same i will file a complaint with the nhtsa so they will investigate. shawn

zadam123
03/27/2004, 05:19 AM
I was told by the dealer there is a recall for the abs system and there is another know problem that they are not recalling, why I guess cause its Isuzu. the one that they are not recalling is due to the wire harness being to small and breaking. as far as the one they are recalling im not sure what its for but she said its a pretty new recall on ALL Isuzu's

adam

coachreed
03/27/2004, 11:31 AM
The biggest problem I have noticd with the ABS in the VX is when turning and braking at the same time... usually on wet pavement or gravel/dirt. I have however had my ABS kick in giving me a VERY uneasy feeling when taking a highway exit ramp (cloverleaf)... one of those nice reducing radius ramps going from one highway to another and was powering around the curve... but some monkey decided at the last second he wanted to go from the center lane all the way over to the exit lane where I was coming on... I hit the brakes and I could feel the brakes chatter but not really slowing me down... like I have said, I don't like ABS... I want to be in control of my brakes! I'm not sure but the ABS unit under the hood is completely different from the VX to the Amgo... at least the couple I have looked at... not sure... just my observation!

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am) ;)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/406banner.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ironmanvx2000)
Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
Click Image to Visit My Website!