PDA

View Full Version : Rancho 9000X install HELP

Yefim
04/03/2004, 01:28 PM
I am installing Ranchos right now - started from the front side, figured it will be easier. I have a question to people who already have them installed: how did you position them? Is the "dial" facing outward (towards the wheel) or inward (towards the body)? I am not sure which way it will be easier to adjust them. Any help please?

Thanks!

Anita
04/03/2004, 02:03 PM
Shoot an email to Reg Hinnant if no one posts an answer soon. I believe he has Ranchos on his VX.

Yefim
04/03/2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks Anita! Will try. Hopefully someone will respond.. I gotta put my car back together :)

Hotsauce
04/03/2004, 03:29 PM
Dial out. First few days leave em on dead soft to break them in, then set them as you like. For me, full stiff wasn't enough.

John C.

Yefim
04/03/2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Hotsauce
Dial out. First few days leave em on dead soft to break them in, then set them as you like. For me, full stiff wasn't enough.

John C.

Thanks John!

I installed them dial-out first, and it looked like it will be hard to get to them to adjust when the wheel is on. How do you adjust it? Is it easy to get to them? b

kpaske
04/03/2004, 04:36 PM
I think I've got mine facing inward; either way you'll have to slide underneath the truck to get to them, so IMO it doesn't really matter.