PDA

View Full Version : VehiCROSS arch-nemesis?

WormGod
04/09/2004, 10:43 AM
When cruising down the road, knowing you are prowling the pavement in your one of a kind VX, wearing a sh|t-eating grin, knowing you are bad ***. You stop at a red light and just relax, knowing everyone is staring away at your mechanical wonder. Suddenly, THAT vehicle pulls up next to you. That one that you just MUST hate. The ONE that your VX doesn't even like. You feel like Batman and this Joker just invaded your space. You know what I'm talking about. That OTHER vehicle that your VX would love to pee in the gas tank of. You don't know why, but you and your VX just want a tag team match with this OTHER vehicle and it's driver. For some reason, it just feels like this particular vehicle is invading your turf. You are night and it is day. It seems this vehicle is stealing your spotlight.

I have to say the H2. Anytime I pull up by one, one pulls up by me, or whatever, I just get this inner hate. I get the urge to go out of my way to shadow it with my VX.

Cyrk
04/09/2004, 10:46 AM
FX45... in black... cause I want one (not more than my VX) and it is faster (even with my SC) But I think I can hang with a FX35 need to hunt one down...:p
-Dave

Eckstream
04/09/2004, 10:55 AM
I have to go with Cyrk on this one.... The FX 45 is so wicked! I raced one comin home from philly n lost real bad.... Although I absolutly HATE Hummer H2s! If you are gonna spend the money get an H1....... I wont have to pull you out when u get stuck 4 wheelin with me

SPAZZ
04/09/2004, 10:59 AM
you mean Suburbans with a shoe box for a top?????

SpaceTruck'n
04/09/2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Eckstream
I have to go with Cyrk on this one.... The FX 45 is so wicked! I raced one comin home from philly n lost real bad.... Although I absolutly HATE Hummer H2s! If you are gonna spend the money get an H1....... I wont have to pull you out when u get stuck 4 wheelin with me

I agree 100% Hummers are Hum-Vees and H2s are DUMB-VEEs.

Also a Hummer really needs that 4 wheel steering like a Yukon. Whachacallit Quadro-Steer? Now THAT would be cool. Then you could actually drive it somewhere else BESIDES off road.

:p

hchen
04/09/2004, 02:00 PM
my opinion of the H2 probably differs from everyone on this board. i dont know why everyone is hating on it because it is a pretty nice ride. at least to me. and people who get an h2 and those who can afford an h1 are in totally different economic brackets. for one, the h2 only costs around 60g's fully loaded...i think. and the h1 is about 130+ fully loaded. so there's a huge difference.

Heraclid
04/09/2004, 02:31 PM
I kinda agree - it's alright I guess. Not my cup of tea, but it's funny that just the name can sell so many of them despite the watered down substance of it. Money over mind in action.

Lots of SUV's run around 60K loaded, and I just have a feeling they'd ask more than that for a fully-loaded H2 just to maintain the pretense that it is "special". Heck, these days Navigators probably go for 60K... NOT loaded.

Getting back to the original question WormGod asked, I don't have that vehicle that I just hate. Not jealous of anything and not the type that hates anyone for having something nicer, faster, or whatever. So it's not a vehicle thing with me, but I do get frustrated with a-holes and their assinine driving. I refrain from playing their stupid games mostly, but just every now and then, if it's safe to do it, I'm not above putting one in their place. :-)

Joe_Black
04/09/2004, 02:39 PM
It'd have to either be the Hyundai Santa Fe for how oftern people don't look close enough to see the difference, or the Murano for the whole background story on the VX4 design emigration. The other stuff isn't even worth the VX's attention.;pg;

Heraclid
04/09/2004, 03:34 PM
My neighbors who just moved had a Murano, and we'd leave the same time for work all the time. I'm convinced that the girl who drove it was testing the waters a bit and always ended up backing down from an all-out challenge. The Murano is faster, but she was looking at and hearing the PV'ed VX and I think that was enough to shake her confidence to the point that she never gave it all the Murano had for fear of being embarrassed if I gave it all I had. My Avenger used to intimidate people the same way, and a lot of times they would've easily been faster, but it cast a similar psychological spell on them. :-)

Anita
04/09/2004, 03:55 PM
I dont think I have a car or truck that I just hate when I see it - it has always been the drivers that makes me want to slam on the accelerator.

IF I had to pick drivers, in general it would be the soccer-mom/dad vans that hog the fast lane, and the RAV and Honda CRV drivers that dream that their cars are faster than mine.

Green Dragon
04/09/2004, 04:06 PM
Every time I cross the border into California. I seem to run into a Black& White Ford Crown Victoria slipping n behind me,all tricked out with colored lights N stuff.

It takes quite abit of effort to lose this sucker and a little bit more so to lose his buddy in the chopper.

Dragon Bob;Db;

Heraclid
04/09/2004, 04:32 PM
Here in Florida they can even be black and tan Camaro SS's tricked out with low-profile blue lights and stuff. Extra hard to lose them suckers. That's how the FHP likes to greet damn Yankees. LOL! :-)

Just kidding all you Yanks... we're flattered that you all want to be here instead of there. . :-)

Joe_Black
04/09/2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid
Just kidding all you Yanks... we're flattered that you all want to be here instead of there. . :-)

No we're not! Go home! And take baseball, early-bird specials and blue hair with you! ;Do; ;pg; ;Dy; ;py; ;Do;

SpaceTruck'n
04/09/2004, 05:50 PM
Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer! Quadro-Steer !

Now THAT would be cool.
Even on an H2

:cool:

mrtew
04/09/2004, 07:21 PM
The vehicle that is my VX's arch nemesis is the Jeep Grand Cherokee of course. The ultimate in off-road vehicle used as soccer mom mobile. Their drivers are almost universally distracted, oblivious and rude too. Hate em.

As for Hummer H2's I love those! That's the only truck I would consider trading in my VX for. I have no clue what attraction that deformed Infinity wagon holds for VX driver but the H2 is beautiful in my book. Are those claims of Hummers getting 'stuck' just childish taunts or are there really reports of their off-road prowess being questionable? Every time one pulls up next to me, my dick feels a little small all the sudden. Uh, I mean my truck.... my truck feels a little small! :-]

SPAZZ
04/09/2004, 07:26 PM
well, that depends on if you are talking about a REAL HUMMER or that Suburban shoe box grocery getter that is called an H2??????

I would take my VX up against an H2 suburban shoe box any day!!! My VX is more nimble and has WAY MORE CLearance than one of those things. I always wanted to find an owner of one and talk him into falling me over a boulder field or rock pile and watch em break.

Medman
04/09/2004, 07:46 PM
Spazz I totally agree,

The ONLY way I'd even consider getting a Hummer is if it were an H1. It's too bad Hummers went the way of the common SUV. They used to be the rare, turn your head to see one, bad-*** rugged military-style urban assault vehicle. Now, they are freaken everywhere!! I am MUCH happier with my VX, than I would ever be with that sell-out flavor of the week.

Plain and simple, the VX can't be categorized. It has the curb weight and ruggedness of an off-road truck, the handling and speed of a racer, AND it happens to be one of the least common vehicles on the road. I would never get people coming up to me asking me, "Wow, your car is hot, what is that?", if it were an H2, Porsche Cayenne, or any other VX rip-off. And, it gives me a little personal satisfaction that the other guys had to spend $50,000 plus for those other ugly-*** cars. Sorry to be hating on other peoples' tastes in vehicles, but I had to throw in my $0.02 and represent.

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/09/2004, 07:46 PM
I'd have to cast my vote for the BMW X5; It's not a jealousy thing as I really have no interest in ever owning one...they just seem to always pop up in my "Van Eyes" screen on the interstate and usually end up tailgating my VX and attempting a pass which usually precipitates an all out duel for supremacy...lol.
Japanese engineering vs. German engineering!

Dallas4u
04/10/2004, 01:25 AM
CRACK! (http://content.collegehumor.com/media/movies/hummerbad.wmv )

FUH2.com (http://www.fuh2.com/submissions.php)

WyrreJ
04/10/2004, 05:42 AM
fuh2 is kinda creepy

The last couple of times I was behind an X5 I noticed that the rear wheels were kinda splayed, as if it were a bit bowlegged. At first I thought someone's X5 was effed up, but the other two I saw later that week were exactly the same. Anyone else notice X5's being bow-legged?

PS, I totally understand VXers who like the FX45, they both have the mean street profile. Just the VX can leave the street while the FX45 can't really.

Maverick
04/10/2004, 07:00 AM
My VX HATES Mercedes ML320's... theyre all over the place down here..they always try to run up , their drivers look, then they fade away into the crowd..or go speeding off with their drivers looking ticked off because the "crowd" is paying attention to the VX instead of them... my VX just snarls at them a bit and off they go , tailpipe between their tires... if my vx ever springs an oil leak, id bet money itll be pointed towards a ML320...:evil2:

Heraclid
04/10/2004, 07:22 AM
Hey mrtew, theirs is probably smaller which is why they have the H2 to make up for it.

Jolly Roger, how do those bouts with the X5's go? The V6 version stacks up pretty evenly with the VX on paper, but they're actually a decent bit heavier than us. The V8 is another matter. Word is we may get a go at one at the next Florida rallycross. And a Touareg too.

If that guy that does the FUH2 website spent all that time and energy doing something meaningful, maybe he could afford one. Probably an envy thing with him.

ctp
04/10/2004, 09:04 AM
For my beast it's the XTerra. I don't have any hard feelings, but I just feel guilty when an XTerra driver looks at me. I just know he's jealous because I'm driving the vehicle his is advertised as being.

Ron Pfeiffer
04/10/2004, 09:35 AM
Definitely X-Terra, for the reason ctp mentioned AND because a lot of X-Terra drivers don't KNOW that they didn't get the car they thought they did, and think their ride is tough. I get the "I-can-take-you" eyeball from X-Terra drivers not infrequently.
It's a dime-a-dozen, handles like a tub, and is so underpowered it couldn't get out of its own way if you gave it a head start.

rant over :-)

Ron

ctp
04/10/2004, 12:19 PM
Half of them are 2 wheel drive with a 4 banger under the hood.

Daver
04/10/2004, 04:55 PM
Jeep Wrangler. We're the cooler younger brother, but they got the live front axle. Maybe Cherokee Sports too.

Other than that, they are mostly the same in size, function, and comfort.

X-Terras, ML320s, Grand Cherokees...got nuthin' on us.

-Daver

yal^
04/10/2004, 05:44 PM
Ron, you are absolutely right... I get that evil eye from XTerra's too... in particular the yellow ones... feeling insecure? ROTFL
I smoke'em... especially when they try to race me :evil2:

BTW I had a H2 - yellow of course - beeping at me, sitting on my tail, and trying to run me over a few weeks ago. I think I made the guy really angry, but still don't know why. I didn't even look at him, and he decided to hurt me... not nice.

:supercool

Daver
04/10/2004, 07:04 PM
I don't get the evil eye from XTerra owners. My VX sends them away whimpering in jealousy and shame. ;) Thay don't make eye contact with me.

I think my wheels have a lot to do with it. :D

-Daver

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/10/2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Heraclid

Jolly Roger, how do those bouts with the X5's go? The V6 version stacks up pretty evenly with the VX on paper, but they're actually a decent bit heavier than us. The V8 is another matter. Word is we may get a go at one at the next Florida rallycross. And a Touareg too.

As a representative of the normally-aspirated club....My VX seems to stack up quite nicely vs. them X5's on the interstate...neither seems to have the upper-hand as far as I can tell...however, my run-ins were down around Pittsburgh on Rte. 60 near the 22/30 Crafton/Weirton WV exits....kind of an area that you have to watch out for police as there is constant speed changes in and around the exit ramps...one minute 65mph...the next...55mph. Don't know what engines were in those X5's or their top speed...but we both hit 90mph with no clear advantage.

AlaskaVX
04/11/2004, 05:58 PM
This thread is awesome! The one I really dislike are those Kia Sadona's, damn cheap immitaters!

I have to say the H2. Anytime I pull up by one, one pulls up by me, or whatever, I just get this inner hate. I get the urge to go out of my way to shadow it with my VX.
Haha your not alone! I feel the same way! I just look at them and shake my head thinking, if I had that much $ I would have 2 VX's! Then the light turns green, cruise slowly next to it 'till 25 mph then stomp it, get up to 55 and start cruisin again, that's my attempt to make them jellous anyway. LOL!

Spike
04/12/2004, 06:25 AM
;puke: Honda Element

;puke2; Scion xB

What the hey people! The Scion xB makes the Element look almost half decent and stylish.
I want to know what the dynamic marketing groups were fed and paid to 'like' those abominations.

Plus the people I've seen driving both of them have either a blank stare; or a morphine, valium AND lithium induced stupified grin on their face when I drive by.

Side note - I say that since the element has a throwback 'stage coach' look to it (after you cut the cladding off) make the back and middle seats face each other... and put the driver up on the roof... THEN it would be a unique vehicle.

t2p
04/12/2004, 08:16 AM
I like the X-Terra ............. neat vehicle ....... but the lack of power, leaf springs in the rear (I'm not a fan of leaf springs), and the price (high) are turn-offs .....
I (also) like the Element ....... but not enough to purchase one ...
I guess I like just about anything Honda puts on the road ......... they are not perfect - but their engineers are second to none .....

Raque Thomas
04/12/2004, 05:50 PM
Passed one of those Cadillac SRX station wagon/SUV contraptions today. MAN what an ugly vehicle!! And I think this guy was proud of himself for his wise choice of vehicles!!!! Of course I did notice out of the corner of my eye (I certainly wasn't going to let him think I was looking at that albatross!) that he snapped his neck to see what that fine looking ride was that was passing him!

I don't know what is going on with Cadillac lately, I think they hired all the retired designers from the '80's Japanese cars - you know the ones where they added little bumps, lines and quirky details for no reason. Cadillacs are starting to look like that.

SpaceTruck'n
04/12/2004, 08:21 PM
"Cadillac SRX station wagon/SUV contraptions today. MAN what an ugly vehicle!!"

I'm with you!
Those things are PATHETIC.

On the other hand I would love to have that FLIR with the heads up display that Calillac has on mmmm...whatever model you can get it on.
That's so cool!
I also wouldnt mind a NorthStar V8 either.

t2p
04/13/2004, 06:16 AM
I'm not positive ...... (not the first time) ......
but I believe the person responsible for the Cadillac SUV design ...
is the same person behind the design of the Vehicross:
Simon Cox ............ (Sir Simon Cox) .........

Dallas4u
04/13/2004, 08:27 AM
I like the new Cadillac design theory... but not all of the production designs.

Raque Thomas
04/13/2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by t2p
but I believe the person responsible for the Cadillac SUV design ...
is the same person behind the design of the Vehicross:
Simon Cox ............ (Sir Simon Cox) .........

If that's the case, he needs to get off those drugs!! How could a guy that designed such a smooth and flowing vehicle turn around and design that chopped up mess??

Nerfzooka
05/23/2004, 03:00 PM
There I am, zipping through traffic in my super-sleek yellow-over-black highly-athletic VX when the light turns red and I must pull up even with my arch nemisis - the school bus. I hate sitting there next to that slow, fat, belching beast with vandalized upolstery that looks too much like me.

I feel like I am the ballerina, lithe and soaring, who must sit next to the hippo wearing the same color tights and tutu.

transio
05/28/2004, 06:52 AM
[flame suit on]

Honestly, I'm a sports car guy, so I dislike most SUVs. But:

I hate the HUMMER H2 most of all vehicles I've encountered. It is a disgusting waste of mass. An obscene sheet-metal sculpture signifying the obesity and waste that is plaguing America like a disease. Worse than its size is its lack of purpose.

The HUMMER H1 is equally as big, but bullet-proof and a great all-terrain vehicle, and functions well for military purposes. I hate it as a grocery-getter, but I don't hate the vehicle in itself: only the people who put it to such misuse.

mrtew
05/29/2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by t2p
but I believe the person responsible for the Cadillac SUV design is the same person behind the design of the Vehicross: Simon Cox

Well, you're mistaken about Simon being responsible for the design of the Cadillac SportWagon, but he did do several of the similar looking showcars (the Imaj and Cien) that influenced its look. He definitely has gone for the sharp edged look recently. I think the new Caddys look great, especially the SRX (and it drives even better), so it must be a true love-it-or-hate-it vehicle... much like ours! The H2 is like that also... I'd trade my VX for one of those, but I don't have the $$$!